GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thursday? I'm getting confused. I thought that was Wednesday?

All the contradicting and confusing information being released in this case is ridiculous. There is no reason why LE and/or the media can't get their act together and ensure that they are releasing only the latest and most accurate information. If Ebony dies while the general public is on a wild goose chase searching in the wrong area or looking for the wrong car it will be unforgivable and should be criminal. If you are going to involve John Doe Public in a situation where someone's life is on the line then good grief take the time to be certain they have the correct info to work with!

It's kind of odd that Ebony apparently had this "friend" in the car with her when she arrived in E. St. Louis and visited ES. Why would you leave your friend in the car and not invite him/her (I feel it's likely a "him") inside with you? Ebony seems to have a reason not to tell anyone who she was with. She didn't even mention this friend to ES, and even when she spoke to her mother, she didn't say the person's name.

An ex-boyfriend, perhaps?

As for confusing media releases - hey, they're trying. (They're very trying, one might say!) It's very difficult to produce a thorough timeline when LE is not talking and/or when one's source or sources in LE perhaps gets things wrong. There are a number of media covering this case and they don't collude to produce a single, agreed-upon, story, as well they shouldn't. Of course things will be wrong occasionally.

Here is more of the story. Some highlights but more at link.

The only clue CP had that his live-in girlfriend, Ebony Jackson, was leaving their Oklahoma City home to show their baby to family in East St. Louis was a short note saying she needed her space, family members said Monday.

“This was an unexpected trip,” said TM, whose mother’s house was supposed to be Jackson’s first stop in East St. Louis. “Nobody knew she was going but her.”

The car is equipped with a tracking device that would allow the selling dealer to track and disable it remotely should a payment be missed. Breckenridge Hills police said the dealer had balked, over ownership issues, at accessing the GPS device. By late Monday, police had not yet sought a subpoena to force the issue.

Breckenridge Hills police had entered Jackson only into REJIS, a system that serves the Missouri side of the St. Louis area, as someone wanted for felony child endangerment.

s for accessing the GPS device on Jackson’s car, Heisse said the car dealership said that only the owner of the car could authorize it. He said that Jackson’s mother, who bought the car, had agreed to arrange it, and that otherwise police would seek a court order.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_f4d62123-62cf-5154-94a0-cd7c85da2a1e.html

As for confusing media releases - hey, they're trying. (They're very trying, one might say!) It's very difficult to produce a thorough timeline when LE is not talking and/or when one's source or sources in LE perhaps gets things wrong. There are a number of media covering this case and they don't collude to produce a single, agreed-upon, story, as well they shouldn't. Of course things will be wrong occasionally.

I agree. Honestly, I'm just glad they're reporting the story at all. It seems to have been picked up, pretty widespread at this point. I saw an article yesterday in the Chicago Tribune, and yesterday another poster said it was being reported in Colorado as well. I'll forgive a few incorrect details if the trade off means Ebony's case gets exposure. Too often these women vanish off the face of the earth and we only hear of it months later- or never.

I'm starting to think her trip was more about meeting up with someone and less about showing off the baby.

JMO

I agree. Honestly, I'm just glad they're reporting the story at all. It seems to have been picked up, pretty widespread at this point. I saw an article yesterday in the Chicago Tribune, and yesterday another poster said it was being reported in Colorado as well. I'll forgive a few incorrect details if the trade off means Ebony's case gets exposure. Too often these women vanish off the face of the earth and we only hear of it months later- or never.
Well-said, and exactly. I'm disappointed the Daily Oklahoman - the OKC paper - hasn't done a story, at least that I've seen. All they've done so far is run a short AP account.

It's kind of odd that Ebony apparently had this "friend" in the car with her when she arrived in E. St. Louis and visited ES. Why would you leave your friend in the car and not invite him/her (I feel it's likely a "him") inside with you? Ebony seems to have a reason not to tell anyone who she was with. She didn't even mention this friend to ES, and even when she spoke to her mother, she didn't say the person's name.

An ex-boyfriend, perhaps?

BBM

Where did you read that the 'friend' was in the car while she visited with ES?

Ok, so the trip east was unplanned and largely unexplained, other than her writing her boyfriend that she needed "space". Sounds more and more to me like this "friend" she met up with here in St. Louis/E. St. Louis is definitely a male, and quite possibly an ex, or someone she has some sort of history with. I still don't think she abandoned the baby- why not just leave him with his super-loving, ever caring father if she simply needed some space and time to clear her head? Why travel all the way out here and leave him somewhere? There were thousands of places she could have left him between Oklahoma City and St. Louis even if she chose not to just leave him with her father.

I don't know what to think anymore. I really want to believe that she wouldn't abandon her baby willingly but there are some things that could point to this possibly being true.

I also don't understand why the family didn't activate her GPS yet. If all it takes is mom doing it, why has it not been done yet? It has been 4 days already.

BBM

Where did you read that the 'friend' was in the car while she visited with ES?

It's at this link:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/355908/3/Last-person-to-see-missing-mother-talks-to-KSDK

The night before Jackson went missing she visited with the friends of the family for about 40 minutes.

"She was in good spirits, she wasn't hurt or harmed or anything so I thought it was just business as usual," says Shepard.

He says he has since found out that Jackson told a family member there was someone else in the car with her. He points the blame at no one, but wishes he knew who she was riding with.

BBM

The car is equipped with a tracking device that would allow the selling dealer to track and disable it remotely should a payment be missed. Breckenridge Hills police said the dealer had balked, over ownership issues, at accessing the GPS device. By late Monday, police had not yet sought a subpoena to force the issue.

Really? The dealer can do that if a payment's been missed? If that's the case they should be able to get exact coordinates. How else would they know where to go get the car? Since her Mom bought the car I'm hoping she can get the location easily without LE having to get a warrant.

So now we know that Ebony just up and left her BF in OKC. This is getting interesting. Obviously we need to find this 'friend' and I'm sure her phone would give some details.

Yes I read that but assumed they meant she had a friend in the car later and not necessarily while she was visiting with ES.

Is it possible this 'friend' drove with her from OKC? and is not from the St Louis area?

With all the confusion in this case, I wouldn't be surprised.

Remember, there was mention of her leaving OKC with a male on one of those questionable websites. Perhaps it's true?

I think the problem with getting the gps coordinates from the car dealer is they will only give that info to the owner of the car. It sounds like her Mom bought the car but Ebony is the owner? I think since Mom was the original buyer she is trying to use that angle to get them to release gps details. If that doesn't work LE will have to get a warrant and that could take a while.

I hope this isn't the case, but it's sounding more and more like Mom abandons child to run off with another man.

Well, she did leave OKC with a male. A three-month-old male. At least that we do know. We think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine
Back