GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just checked my FB page while I'm on lunch break. Ebony's aunt posted a rant for friends only. Since it's posted as private, I know I can't quote it, but I will paraphrase.

She is upset at LE, because she does not feel they are handling this case as if a crime has been committed, or investigating Ebony's disappearance with any sense of urgency. She states the the actual building the baby was found in is completely vacant, there are no current residents living there (which was not the impression I had yesterday, FWIW). She is criticizing LE for neglecting to put an APB on Ebony's vehicle and for making no attempt to speak with Ebony's family. She feels no effort is being made to find the "friend" Ebony was reportedly with last, and is upset because no one knows who this person is. She believes the key to cracking this case is to find that "friend".

BBM

according to Cmac2 the Aunt stated that the building the baby was found in is completely vacant, there are no current residents living there.

I don't think that is true though. A man who lived in the building found him and they were interviewing people who lived in the apartments.

BBM

according to Cmac2 the Aunt stated that the building the baby was found in is completely vacant, there are no current residents living there.

I am confused as to how the baby was discovered and by whom then? Perhaps it was a maintenance/construction worker going to work at that building?

Yes I think SOME of the buildings might have been vacant but I don't think all of them were. JMHO If you look at the apartment complex you can see there are several buildings.

BUT if some buildings were vacant and some weren't and they left him in one that wasn't then perhaps that means whomever did this is familiar with these apartments?

I hate to ask...but I'd be real curious if Ebony has had any substance abuse issues in the past. I know you would think with her medical history it's not likely she would do something like that, but stranger things have happened.

Police canvassed the Hickory Trace Apartment complex off St. Charles Rock Road. Investigators say a resident who was leaving for work around 5:00am Friday found the baby in a first floor hallway. He called police and officers quickly responded.
The baby was fully clothed and strapped in a car seat. He had a bottle and what is commonly known as a ‘cozy cover’ to help keep him warm. He was not crying when he was found. Police say the condition of the baby makes this abandonment very odd because clearly the baby had been taken care of.
Officers don’t know how long the baby was in the hallway. The child showed up sometime between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Police interviewed some residents in the building who said they had never seen the baby. There are several vacant apartments.
Residents are surprised by the news of the little baby being left in the apartments.

Yes it sounds like much of it is vacant but they interviewed some residents so obviously it's not completely vacant.

Her middle T, not sure of her exact birthdate but if she is 30 then about 82.

UOTE=DylansMom34;8698783]http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

I searched her name as Ebony Jackson (I think the middle initial is T but am not positive)

ETA: Could someone who knows the family confirm Ebony's dob or middle initial. I think there are several Ebony Jackson's.[/QUOTE]

I think there are several too that's why I'm not putting much into searches like these. We just don't know if any of them are her.

Go to white pages and search Ebony in Colorado. Her middle initial comes up and she is listed with her mom SJ.

I am confused as to how the baby was discovered and by whom then? Perhaps it was a maintenance/construction worker going to work at that building?

Looking at how the complex is set up, that's very likely. One building could have encountered bad plumbing or whatever that needed work, while the others were relatively fine; hence, the need to upgrade that particular building up to code. If it were a plumbing issue, there would still be lights/heat on as plumbers need to use tools that need electricity (cut into walls to get to pipes, etc.)

Looking at how the complex is set up, that's very likely. One building could have encountered bad plumbing or whatever that needed work, while the others were relatively fine; hence, the need to upgrade that particular building up to code. If it were a plumbing issue, there would still be lights/heat on as plumbers need to use tools that need electricity (cut into walls to get to pipes, etc.)

No, read my other post. It definitely has residents and the baby was discovered by a resident.

I could see LE assuming she abandoned her baby if she has a 'history' and by that I mean criminal and/or substance abuse type history. I don't think one arrest would constitute a 'history' but it's quite possible they know much more than we do. I'm not saying she did this, i'm just saying...
And sad but true, they don't get as excited about looking for such people. AGAIN NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE. I haven't seen anything to lead me this way. I can't even tell if the arrest in OK is her for sure. Can anyone else tell if that's her?

I think there is a resemblance but the arrest pictures are several years old. Is there anyone on here who definitely knows her.

I could see LE assuming she abandoned her baby if she has a 'history' and by that I mean criminal and/or substance abuse type history. I don't think one arrest would constitute a 'history' but it's quite possible they know much more than we do. I'm not saying she did this, i'm just saying...
And sad but true, they don't get as excited about looking for such people. AGAIN NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE. I haven't seen anything to lead me this way. I can't even tell if the arrest in OK is her for sure. Can anyone else tell if that's her?

I agree and it really makes me wonder if this is part of why LE isn't taking Ebony's case as seriously as they should. Whether or not she has made mistakes in the past shouldn't matter. They should be looking for her as endangered. IMO

The Denver Post is running the story now. Here are some highlights
Meanwhile, relatives fear Jackson, 30, could be the victim of foul play, though Heisse said police have not found any signs of a struggle.

Heisse said police have "zero information" about the mother's whereabouts.
"It's just weird that nobody's had any contact with her," Heisse said. "We're doing everything we can to locate her."

Heisse said neither Prom nor Jackson had any known connection to the apartment complex. He said there was no video surveillance there, and surveillance cameras at neighboring businesses were not pointed in that direction

Read more: Police search for mom of abandoned baby - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colorado/ci_22326492/police-search-mom-abandoned-baby#ixzz2HKKJaQQC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma
Back