GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any idea if she has a past history of drug use? Being in the area of a condemned home makes me think of squatters/drug users. Possible relapse, knew she was "falling off the wagon", left the baby to be safe, car runs out of gas, so just dump it & only worry about a fix...just random thoughts when I saw the car was found.

When I think of all the abandoned blocks in St. Louis, the place the car was left doesn't look all that bad.

Any idea if she has a past history of drug use? Being in the area of a condemned home makes me think of squatters/drug users. Possible relapse, knew she was "falling off the wagon", left the baby to be safe, car runs out of gas, so just dump it & only worry about a fix...just random thoughts when I saw the car was found.

That thought crossed my mind too. If you look at the houses and the cars on this street it really doesn't look that bad. It doesn't look like these are falling down houses with the windows busted out if ya know what I mean.

What the rear plate being missing and the front plate still being attached tells me is that whoever removed the rear plate did so in a hurry and did not know there was a front plate on the car. If Missouri only issues rear plates, then that means there is likely a local perp instead of a voluntary situation. Ebony would have known about the front plate if she were the one trying to hide.

I'm having a lot of trouble with the idea of Ebony abandoning her baby willingly but that is probably more about me as a mother than her or the facts as we know them. I'm leaning towards Ebony taking this trip to share the joyous news with another man that he has a son and her not getting the happy ending she expected. Admittedly the baby being safe doesn't play well in that scenario but maybe the man wanted his child but not with Ebony in the picture or maybe he wasn't cold enough to kill a baby and assumed that getting rid of Ebony would do the trick because only she knew about him. Heck, maybe the man has a S/O and she was willing to raise the baby but didn't want Ebony in their lives so she made sure the baby was safe and Ebony disappeared for good. Yeah, I'm reaching.

I think MO requires both front and rear plates still.

Then that makes it more interesting. It means a potential perp would stem from a state with rear license plates only (how about IL or OK - I don't know either's requirements). Again, Ebony would know she had a front license plate. If she were disappearing on purpose and removed the rear, she would have removed the front as well.

What the rear plate being missing and the front plate still being attached tells me is that whoever removed the rear plate did so in a hurry and did not know there was a front plate on the car. If Missouri only issues rear plates, then that means there is likely a local perp instead of a voluntary situation. Ebony would have known about the front plate if she were the one trying to hide.

i thought that same exact thing!

MO does require both front and back plates, unless you have a 1-ton or larger truck (you'd only be issued one plate for the front). Maybe someone (or some people) were attempting to rip of the plates, hub caps, etc. but got caught and fled.

When I think of all the abandoned blocks in St. Louis, the place the car was left doesn't look all that bad.

The houses may not LOOK bad from google maps but that is a VERY bad area. First, it is North St. Louis city. The worst area of st louis. Then it near Natural Bridge Rd and Martin Luther King Dr. Those areas prob had nice houses built years ago but they have been run down and crime, drugs etc have moved in. (My Grandparents used to live in North St. Louis in the 30's-40's but that a whole different time)

Man, I do not think this is going to end well for Ebony. The abandoned car in a scary neighborhood makes me even more convinced that she did NOT vanish voluntarily. I wish we had more information about this friend! That guy is the key to all of this, IMO.

In response to an earlier post, I'm biracial (black father, white mother) and to me this baby definitely looks biracial as well. We come in all shades, of course- some of us look white, some of us look black, some of us have an interesting combination of both that stands out in our appearance.

I noticed one thing early on that may or may not mean anything- many of CP's (the baby's father) FB friends didn't even know he was going to have a baby, and didn't find out until after the baby was born. On his page you can look at some of the pics he posted of Donovan, and more than one person says, "I didn't know you had a baby!" May give a tiny hint into the nature of his relationship with Ebony. I know they currently reside together, but for how long? Was the relationship on-again-off-again like so many others? I don't believe he had anything to do with this, but if they weren't together constantly (and even if they were) it's possible Ebony met another man. Perhaps he's from her past- and ex or something- that lives here in Tha Lou, and that's part of the reason she decided to come out here to begin with, in addition to seeing family and "clearing her head". Maybe things didn't go as planned and this "friend" did harm to her.

The houses may not LOOK bad from google maps but that is a VERY bad area. First, it is North St. Louis city. The worst area of st louis. Then it near Natural Bridge Rd and Martin Luther King Dr. Those areas prob had nice houses built years ago but they have been run down and crime, drugs etc have moved in. (My Grandparents used to live in North St. Louis in the 30's-40's but that a whole different time)

This is so true. The neighborhood the car was found in is a terrible neighborhood. I'd take my chances on 69th Street in E. St. Louis at dark before I'd go anywhere near the side streets off of Natural Bridge/MLK Drive in broad daylight. It's NOT a good place.

Just judging from the pictures I'm seeing along with the car being found. It may be a hard neighborhood but it doesn't look like the apocalypse has struck.

I second your opinion. I have a few claims/job sites in North St. Louis. My faves are at Marcus and Natural Bridge and Natural Bridge and Grand. I love them so much I don't arrive until after 8:00 am and leave before 2:00 pm.

Ok so the car was found in a very bad neighborhood. What does that tell us? Anything? Local? Possible drug deal gone bad? What??
Say someone did something to Ebony and dropped the car there. Then what? What if Ebony herself was there for some reason? We just don't know if she drove the car there or someone else did. I'm sure LE will check the car seat position to see if it matches up with someone her height etc. I sure wish they would have at least popped that trunk before towing it off.

Ok so the car was found in a very bad neighborhood. What does that tell us? Anything? Local? Possible drug deal gone bad? What??
Say someone did something to Ebony and dropped the car there. Then what? What if Ebony herself was there for some reason? We just don't know if she drove the car there or someone else did. I'm sure LE will check the car seat position to see if it matches up with someone her height etc. I sure wish they would have at least popped that trunk before towing it off.

By not doing so tells me that either it stunk to high heaven or they now seriously suspect foul play after receiving the GPS info. and don't want to taint any evidence.

I think it tells us the person is local. Like you said- just looking at pictures of the neighborhood, you don't get a real good feel for just how dangerous an area it is. Those of us that live here can say with certainty something a non-local can't say: that this is a horrible neighborhood. Only a local would know he/she could dump a car there and rest easy knowing no one's going to call it in as suspicious. In fact, I'm willing to bet the GPS is how LE was able to find it to begin with. I'd be shocked if we were to learn someone called in a tip. Not in that neighborhood. In one of the first pages of this thread, someone was asking if the various neighborhoods were talking about were "no snitch" areas. While I doubt the neighborhood the baby was found in is a "no snitch" zone, I am POSITIVE that this neighborhood is.

By not doing so tells me that either it stunk to high heaven or they now seriously suspect foul play after receiving the GPS info. and don't want to taint any evidence.

OMG. That definitely makes sense, but I hope you're wrong. Unfortunately, I think you might be exactly right. :(

I haven't seen anything about dogs being used in any of these locations, either scent dogs or cadaver dogs. I really wish we knew more.

Say a perp dropped the car there. Then what? They walk? Have someone pick them up? Perhaps they live in the area and simply walked home? It was originally reported that Ebony was visiting a friend in St Louis. I wonder if the friend lives nearby? Surely Ebony, being from the area, would know this is not a safe place. I don't know how long it's been since she lived there though. She's lived in Washington, Colorado, Texas and Oklahoma too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back