GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully this hasn't been asked & answered (I'm reading through tears) but is there any public transportation pick up areas nearby that the perp could have made use of?

Just bus stops. The metrolink (public rail) station is not nearby. It's 3.5 miles south from there. It goes to Illinois.. but I don't think they used metrolink.

From the P-D article:

Somebody took advantage of that. My God, how could they.

Any murder is tragic but killing children, the elderly, mentally disabled or someone that has already survived so much hardship should earn the perp a special place in hell.

Watching the news now (Fox 2):

Police believe they found Ebony's body in the trunk of her car.

Police still waiting for official confirmation, but are confident the body is hers.

The car was tracked by the GPS, LE had been working to get the car tracked since Friday.

Do suspect foul play in Ebony's death.

LE withholding information for fear of compromising investigation.

Interviewing family- it's heartbreaking- they say they have no idea who wanted her dead.

Spokesperson in Breckenridge Hills PD says father of the child is still in town, waiting to take custody of his son. When DNA comes back, as long as he's the dad, they'll release the baby.

Friends in E. St. Louis deeply saddened, never thought they'd never see her alive again (Eric Shepard and his mother). Now, it's all about justice.

So, so, sad. I was so hoping Ebony would be found alive. Her picture with her baby is just beautiful. Such a proud loving mom.

I hope whomever did this is caught quickly. Shame on them for taking Ebony away from her child and family.

:(

I'm chatting on Twitter with a journalist from the St. Louis Post Dispatch. He was at the scene when the police found Ebony's car. He does not believe police thought she was in the trunk when they located it. He repeatedly heard saying the vehicle was "unoccupied" and had no one inside, FWIW.

Ksdk says they are hoping DNA results will be back by Thursday so the father can take the baby and they do believe he is the father. Again they interviewed the last two people, family neighbors, that saw her Thursday night. Also interviewed family member at police station who pleaded with someone to come forward with information. It was heartbreaking to hear about Ebony's Mother's pain. I am so sorry for her loss.

This ending is so tragic. To have overcome all that she did, have her baby that she was so proud of, and then for it to end like this...

Body of mother accused of abandoning infant found in trunk of her car

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/08/2451541/body-of-mother-accused-of-abandoning.html#storylink=cpy

A 30-year-old mother accused of abandoning her infant son last week in St. Louis County was found dead in the trunk of her own car on Tuesday.

Ebony Jackson's 2004 white Mitsubishi Galant was found Tuesday by St. Louis city police. Her body was found in the trunk.

Such a sad story all around. Baby was left abandoned at an apartment place.

This is just awful. I've just been searching, reading, googling, tweeting, refreshing my screen all night long. I'm heartbroken that our worst-case scenario turned out to be what happened to Ebony. Such a terrible tragedy.

What a terribly sad ending to the search for Ebony. I'm glad the baby wasn't hurt but what happened to his mom is very disturbing, distressing, and just plain depressing. I hope whoever killed her will be found soon and prosecuted. I also hope Ebony wasn't put in the trunk and left while still alive. There is so much evil in this world that it continues to shock and sadden me every day. Someday, when I pass on, I hope to have the chance to ask God "why?"

Baby abandoned in St. Louis County building

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/04/2447644/baby-abandoned-in-st-louis-county.html#storylink=cpy

healthy baby boy abandoned in a St. Louis County apartment building has been placed in state custody while police try to learn his identity and find his parents.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports ( http://bit.ly/Zm943Q) the infant appears to be 4 to 6 months old and was found fully dressed, with a full bottle, in what police described as an expensive car seat.

How tragic. She survived a brain tumor and was blessed with the baby she so desperately wanted only to be taken by evil before her son ever had the opportunity to really know her. RIP Ebony, I have a feeling you died protecting your precious baby. There is nothing more honorable or a greater testament to your love for him.

That is what I believe as well. Nobody else would have left him with a blanket and a full bottle. I think she bargained and begged for him to be left safely, knowing she was in mortal danger at that point. She saved that sweet baby and I hope that comforts him in his life, as he deals with the grief of missing his mom. :rose:

How tragic. She survived a brain tumor and was blessed with the baby she so desperately wanted only to be taken by evil before her son ever had the opportunity to really know her. RIP Ebony, I have a feeling you died protecting your precious baby. There is nothing more honorable or a greater testament to your love for him.

I burst into tears reading your post. I am so sorry that you've had your life cut so short after all you went through Ebony :( RIP x

My heart is breaking for Ebony and her child. Here is a mother that quite possibly gave her life for her child meanwhile we have 3yo Leah missing from TX amid rumors that her mother was attempting to sell her for $2,000. It isn't fair that Ebony's son will never know the joy of his mother's love while Leah's mother has voluntarily chosen to deny her that. I am so sorry Ebony. You and your precious baby did not deserve this.

RIP Ebony... my ♥ is heavy. Just tragic! :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back