GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have long speculated that at best, Craig Prom and Ebony's family are estranged. They have never done any joint media convos, they never mention each other to the press, and when Ebony vanished, Craig drove all the way from OK to STL on a Friday night to get his son- only to be turned away, and asked to come back Monday for a DNA test. He drove all the way back home to OK, rather than opting to stay in the area.

Now, on the heels of this OK article featuring the interview with Craig Prom, I see today that Ebony's aunt has posted the link to the article on her FB page, with a caption that says, "Hmmmmph". There is another comment on the status update from a friend of hers that says, "Right". For whatever reason, Ebony's family is not fond of Donovan's father. I wonder if they suspect him of anything?

I dont see what is so hard about checking phone records. Even if they don't have the phone. (Did they ever find it and her purse?) All you have to do is get online on your cell phone carrier's website to see recent calls, call times, call length and numbers you texted. I'm sure Ebonys boyfriend could have done that or had access. Even if she doesn't have an online account you can still register anytime and look up previous calls as far back as a few months.

I dont see what is so hard about checking phone records. Even if they don't have the phone. (Did they ever find it and her purse?) All you have to do is get online on your cell phone carrier's website to see recent calls, call times, call length and numbers you texted. I'm sure Ebonys boyfriend could have done that or had access. Even if she doesn't have an online account you can still register anytime and look up previous calls as far back as a few months.

I'm sure LE would also want ping records from the phone provider. I think getting all those records is as easy as getting a warrant faxed to the provider and them faxing LE the records. I don't think it takes long at all.

Interesting comments by the family. I wonder what their beef is with Prom? I wonder if they think he's involved?

So sad there's no news in this case. We (collective we meaning the community & even the country) owe it to baby D to get justice for his mama, who so loved him & overcame so much before having her little miracle baby that she wanted to show off to her family in MO. Justice for Ebony!

Ebony's aunt updated her FB status today to say that there will be a get-together on February 11 at 6 PM at East St. Louis city hall in an effort to combat violence against women (a huge epidemic everywhere, but an absoutely devastating problem in the the St. Louis/E. St. Louis metro area). There will be people from each of the local fraternity and sorority chapters in attendance, and the event is kid friendly. It's an educational meeting, it sounds like. She also says there will be a "major announcement" about Ebony's case.

Murder leaves suddenly single father searching for answers (Ozaukee [WI] Press)
---
The next day, Saturday, Jan. 5, [Craig] Prom and his brother John, who lives in Princeton, Okla., drove to Breckenridge Hills to pick up his son.
---
He and his brother returned on Jan. 7 and stayed in the area for a week until the test confirmed he was the boy’s father and a court hearing to grant custody was held. By then, Jackson’s body had been found.
---
The boy’s guardian objected to releasing Donavon to his father, saying Prom was a person of interest in the mother’s murder.

But the judge granted Prom custody.
---
Rumors that their relationship was rocky and Jackson was leaving him are not true, he said.

“She left a note saying she was leaving to visit her family,” he said. “She didn’t say anything that would lead me to believe she was leaving me.”

At 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 2, Prom said, he received a text message from Jackson, his last communication with her, saying, “Good night. We both love you.”
---
more at the link

I'm not sure what to make of that p.o.i. reference, whether it's official or something Prom or his mother said off-handedly to the reporter. The Ozaukee Press might not be the NY Times (or the Post-Dispatch), yet they seem to have given us tons more than we knew. I stumbled on that article accidentally when googling for info about a double-homicide/suicide in Colorado.

In my experience, if the baby was in protective custody, then the "guardian" who objected to releasing the baby to Craig Prom would have likely been the county, and the objection would have been presented formally in a petition to the court. This seems to me like a plausible scenerio.

I tried to post a picture of the flyer for the domestic violence meeting being held Monday night in E. St. Louis. However, I'm an idiot and couldn't figure out how to do it right.

Therefore, here's the information:

There will be a meeting held at the E. St. Louis City Hall in honor of Ebony Jackson on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 6 PM.

There will be representatives from all local fraternities and sororities present, as well as other officials. The purpose is to educate the community on the dangers of violence against women, and the ongoing epidemic of black women fallen victim to homicide. The event is open to the public.

I plan to attend, and I will be bringing my 14 year old daughter with me. I figure as a beautiful black-woman-in-training, she'll be getting involved with men sooner rather than later, and I want her armed with knowledge when she does. It may not be a fun evening for her, but I want her empowered, and refuse to sugar-coat the truth just to make her feel comfortable.

In IM conversations on FB between Jackie's aunt and myself, she has stated a major announcement about Ebony's case will be made at this time. I don't know if this announcement is in lieu of the announcement that was supposed to have been made yesterday and never came, or what.

So we shall see.

I tried to post a picture of the flyer for the domestic violence meeting being held Monday night in E. St. Louis. However, I'm an idiot and couldn't figure out how to do it right.

Therefore, here's the information:

There will be a meeting held at the E. St. Louis City Hall in honor of Ebony Jackson on Monday, Feb 11, 2013 at 6 PM.

There will be representatives from all local fraternities and sororities present, as well as other officials. The purpose is to educate the community on the dangers of violence against women, and the ongoing epidemic of black women fallen victim to homicide. The event is open to the public.

I plan to attend, and I will be bringing my 14 year old daughter with me. I figure as a beautiful black-woman-in-training, she'll be getting involved with men sooner rather than later, and I want her armed with knowledge when she does. It may not be a fun evening for her, but I want her empowered, and refuse to sugar-coat the truth just to make her feel comfortable.

In IM conversations on FB between Jackie's aunt and myself, she has stated a major announcement about Ebony's case will be made at this time. I don't know if this announcement is in lieu of the announcement that was supposed to have been made yesterday and never came, or what.

So we shall see.

BBM. VERY interested to see what this is!

BBM. VERY interested to see what this is!

My guess is that they'll announce a scholarship or foundation or something similar that's been established in Ebony's name. I have nothing to base this on, though! Just that the nature of the meeting itself seems like it would be good timing.

Back from the event... it was AWESOME. The announcement in this case is that a local restaurant (Gulf Shores) is donating 100% of their proceeds on 2/25 to Ebony Jackson's case.

At the Women United Against Violence event last night East St. Louis mayor Alvin Parks spoke, pledging to address violence against women in his city. The Chief of Police also spoke, in addition to many survivors who shared their personal stories- some were victims of random violence (one lady was robbed at gunpoint in her own yard), some were victims of domestic violence (one lady was stabbed by her then-boyfriend FIVE TIMES, but lived, thankfully), and victims of sexual assault.

They also had a US Attorney there who represents the Southern Illinois District (where E. St. Louis is located, technically) who spoke about Human Trafficking, and what to look for in spotting potential victims. He said the largest problem in this area isn't so much young children and teens (though it does happen) like most of us think. It's immigrants, here in this country LEGALLY who trust the wrong people. A lot of victims are Mexican/Latino immigrants who find what they believe to be legitimate work- landscaping, roofing, etc- but their "employers" take their papers (they say it's for safekeeping), and also keep their wages as part of some fake "debt" system they've made up. The workers can't complain because their bosses have their papers- without them, they can't even prove they're here legally. Plus, many come from nations where LE is not to be trusted anyway. Riveting.

Many of us remember the horrible hail storm from a few years back- there were roofing companies- literally operating on the side of the road out of tents- set up throughout the entire area. Many of those laborers were victims of human trafficking. That's how those "fly by night" roofing companies kept up with their work load, as thousands and thousands of home owners/property owners sustained serious damage to their roofs and siding of their homes. I was shocked. I'll never see a sign advertising a roofing company the same way again.

They had some wonderful ladies from a local Rape Crises help center speak. They gave common-sense tips to women that may decrease our likelihood of being the targets of random crime (be aware of your surroundings, carry a whistle at all times, if in trouble don't yell, "Help!" or "Rape!", yell, "Fire!" because people are nosy and will run to look if there's a fire).

They had a chief prosecutor speak about teen violence. 1 in 5 teens, ages 12-19 will suffer violence at the hand of a boyfriend or girlfriend. 1 in 4 women will be sexually assaulted during their college years. She spoke about the date rape drug, how you should never drink or do drugs on a date, as it clouds your judgment. She also talked about the warning signs of a potentially abusive relationship, and how those signs can seem endearing at first ("I don't want you to go out with your friends tonight, I just love spending time with you. Can you please come hang out with me instead?"). She also spoke about being there for someone you suspect is a victim. Victims have been told repeatedly in many different ways that they are worthless, useless. Every time a friend or member of the general public turns their backs on that person, or chooses not to get involved, it reinforces that they're useless and they're less likely to see help.

They had members of the E. St. Louis police department do self-defense demonstrations- little tricks to drop an assailant to the ground (knee to the groin, hip/thigh area, or a punch to the adams apple), buying just enough time to run. If you're in a situation where you cannot run away, run circles- over and over again- around your car instead. It will make an assailant think you're crazy and they're likely to leave you alone when you try to play a game of ring around the rosy with your car :)

OMG- there was sooooo much more, but that's the gist of it!

I'm local and I haven't heard or see anything on the news/etc regarding Ebony. :-(

Since you're local, PLEASE come to Gulf Shores Restaurant (on Olive, in Creve Coeur) on 2/25 and eat lots in support of Ebony! It would mean the world to her family.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Since you're local, PLEASE come to Gulf Shores Restaurant (on Olive, in Creve Coeur) on 2/25 and eat lots in support of Ebony! It would mean the world to her family.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Is it all day or certain time frame?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay