MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like her address might be 222 Lomo Dr if they are in her driveway in this pic.

Attachments

• olten missing 2.jpg
    olten missing 2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 62
What the hell? This is a posting from the webmaster of the News Tribune:

" No more volunteers please. They are overwhelmed by the response. No Amber alert has been issued at this time. "

What. is. going. on???
<snipped> Sheriff White talked with some of those who offered to volunteer, thanking them but saying authorities needed to control the number of searchers so they could be monitored on the infra-red equipment.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/22/breaking_news/doc4adfc3af00522694256245.txt

It looks like her address might be 222 Lomo Dr if they are in her driveway in this pic.

If that is her driveway, it's the 4th house south of the Highway. It could be the driveway of the home she was leaving though.

Ok so what is the big difference between Elizabeths dissapearance off of the side walk versus Sommers off of the side walk? Why would Sommers get an Amber alert but not Elizabeth? Look at the difference in the media coverage and how the police are dealing with it. Wow.

Ok so what is the big difference between Elizabeths dissapearance off of the side walk versus Sommers off of the side walk? Why would Sommers get an Amber alert but not Elizabeth? Look at the difference in the media coverage and how the police are dealing with it. Wow.

I was just saying the same thing to my SIL on the phone! Its crazy!

If that is her driveway, it's the 4th house south of the Highway. It could be the driveway of the home she was leaving though.

I think that's the VFW where the searchers are meeting up. See the flag?

It says they don't think she ran away and that there's been no foul play. All I can think of is they think she wandered off and got lost?

I seriously doubt that,given the time of evening and it being such a short distance. Plus, darkness was falling,she was by herself,I can't see her frolicking off into the woods and getting lost for so long just for the heck of it.

I hope that's what happened and that she's ok,I pray for it,but it's not sounding right IMO.

Not another missing little girl-I can't take this anymore! :banghead:

Maybe it's just me being nitpicky and I don't mean to be but IMO it is very important to have an accurate description of your child.

Media outlets are stating that Elizabeth is 5'2" and weighs a bit over 100 lbs. and she is 9-does that sound accurate? That sounds like a description of my 14 yr. old daughter.

Also, I noticed Somer's height was 3' 5" later changed to 3' 7" which still does not sound accurate. My almost 5 yr. old is 44 inches tall which equals
3' 8" and Somer is well over 7.

My 12 year old daughter is 5'7" and about 130. She towers over her classmates. So it is possible.

Not another missing little girl-I can't take this anymore! :banghead:

Maybe it's just me being nitpicky and I don't mean to be but IMO it is very important to have an accurate description of your child.

Media outlets are stating that Elizabeth is 5'2" and weighs a bit over 100 lbs. and she is 9-does that sound accurate? That sounds like a description of my 14 yr. old daughter.

Also, I noticed Somer's height was 3' 5" later changed to 3' 7" which still does not sound accurate. My almost 5 yr. old is 44 inches tall which equals
3' 8" and Somer is well over 7.

could very well be accurate, my 8 yr old who will be 9 in November is about 90lbs and 5'

my neice is 9, she is as tall as I am, Im 5'3 I know she weighs a good 115.

I have a nine year old stepdaughter in Poplar Bluff, 5 hours away.
Elizabeth was walking home about 6 pm., her cell was found in the woods, and PD is saying no foul play and turning away searchers (if I understand, I'm playing catch up again)...I certainly hope that she is just lost in the woods, but I don't see that being the case.
Here we go again.
An update on the finer points i may have missed would be very welcome.

ST. MARTINS -- UPDATE: Thursday 3:04 p.m.:

Cole County Sheriff Greg White tells KRCG News that no body has been found and that any rumors are untrue.

Police say they are turning away volunteers because they have too many.

The command post says there are still volunteers searching the woods.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=366189

I apologize in advance because I haven't read all of the articles yet. But this is sooooo similar sounding to Lindsey Baum's case. Going missing while walking home from her friend's house. No AMBER Alert. FBI involved very early.

I hope they find her soon.

I have a nine year old stepdaughter in Poplar Bluff, 5 hours away.
Elizabeth was walking home about 6 pm., her cell was found in the woods, and PD is saying no foul play and turning away searchers (if I understand, I'm playing catch up again)...I certainly hope that she is just lost in the woods, but I don't see that being the case.
Here we go again.
An update on the finer points i may have missed would be very welcome.

Cell company said they pinged her phone in the middle of the woods, but that's probably where the tower is. I don't think they've actually found the phone. They have also requested her cell phone records.

I apologize in advance because I haven't read all of the articles yet. But this is sooooo similar sounding to Lindsey Baum's case. Going missing while walking home from her friend's house. No AMBER Alert. FBI involved very early.

I hope they find her soon.

Good point. I wonder if Elizabeth has a MS or FB? Or into Twilight.

Onna Adrian, whose daughter-in-law is Elizabeth's older sister, said Elizabeth generally walked home from the friend's house through neighbors' yards rather than along the two-lane county highway that runs past their houses.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/22/news_local/070local00oltengirl09.txt

I hope they are checking out all the neighbors' home & outbuilding, etc *very* thoroughly!!

Has anybody heard if K9 teams were brought in??

I can find no indication that she has a Myspace. I looked, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper