MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no proof in Somer's case that an abduction had taken place. Some kids saw her playing in a yard of an abandoned house. WTH>?

Thats what I 'm talkin about Mtrooper, what do they know that makes this different.

If this were my child I would outraged she is nine for Gosh sakes. She may be tall for her age and have criminals in her family but she is a very young child. I just do not understand. Has anyone spoken out for her besides her sister?

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/7f2e673e-80ce-0971-01cf-bae15c87f75b

White says searchers covered a wide area on Thursday, the Friday search is more contained to specific areas. White did not give any more details. He did say an abduction is the least likely possibility in Elizabeth's disappearance. He plans to speak to the media again at 3 p.m.

What is he saying here? If she wasn't abducted, then where is she?

what's left? Alien abduction, er well, I guess that's still considered abduction. So back to square one. Geesh, what is wrong with these people. The first sign of a missing child should be considered worst possible scenario until ruled out!

This case is driving me absolutely crazy. I pray to God Elizabeth is found safe because if I were her family, I would be livid at police right about now.

Just watched the local station in STL at noon. One of the major channels never even brought up her name and the other two gave very little info (and none of it new news). Its not a wonder Im lookin like my avitar today!

All I can say is I hope LE knows a lot more than they are letting on because they sure as hell aren't following the Missing Child 101 LE Instruction Manual.

Have they ever given a reason that is logical as to why an Amber Alert was not issued, I mean other that the thing that they have no evidence that it was an abduction. Thier reasoning isnt making scence to me.

exactly, do they have evidence to prove it WASN'T an abduction!?

And why would it hurt to put one out anyway?

Cole County Sheriff Greg White said Friday that about 70 investigators are checking leads and another 70 people are scouring woody, uneven terrain west of Jefferson City. White says he's not sure if Elizabeth Olten is still in the area.

http://www.bnd.com/336/story/978046.html

I can only hope this is poor reporting. They don't think she's been abducted, but she's left the area. *rolls eyes* Her mom reported her missing within 30 minutes!

This is starting to sound like another Haleigh Cummings case. I hope not, but in my opinion LE sure isn't any more forthcoming than they were in Satsuma and look where that case is now, eight months later.

This is less than two miles from my home.

I was on a search team in the woods yesterday from 8:30-1:00. It was cold and pouring rain. The weather was just miserable and with the very dense forest it was very hard to see.

When Jasmine went missing (presumably the work of Dale Olten Sr), her mother Peggy set up Missouri Missing. Peggy and MM are now searching for Dale's missing daughter. How ironic is that?

I read in one of the comments today what would be a good idea. Have an "Olten alert" that is issued just for cases like this....missing children that don't "meet the criteria" for an Amber Alert.
I wonder if the mom would push for something like that....haven't seen her much :(

I was on a search team in the woods yesterday from 8:30-1:00. It was cold and pouring rain. The weather was just miserable and with the very dense forest it was very hard to see.

When Jasmine went missing (presumably the work of Dale Olten Sr), her mother Peggy set up Missouri Missing. Peggy and MM are now searching for Dale's missing daughter. How ironic is that?

Thanks Jodibug. Very ironic!

What are the locals saying about Elizabeth? Any ideas what happened to her?

Thank you for searching. You are an :angel:

Thanks Jodibug. Very ironic!

What are the locals saying about Elizabeth? Any ideas what happened to her?

Just rumors....

While dad and brother are in prison in Bowling Green, apparently Grandpa just got released from prison recently. Some are wondering if Grandpa picked her up.

Thanks Jodibug irony is a very strange thing isnt it!
Other than the police saying that they dont believe it was an abduction is there anyother reason this child does not fit the criteria for an AA? Or are they just not releasing one based on how LE feels?:

Thank you for searching. You are an :angel:

I lost my favorite pair of glasses in the woods. :( They were on top of my head because I couldn't see through the rain in them. At one point I fell and didn't think to check for them when I got up. I noticed a few miles later and one of the other searchers asked if I wanted us to all go back and look for them. LOL Umm, that's ok. I will just order another pair!

I wish I weren't at work today, but I guess they aren't really letting too many people search today anyway. I have a class tomorrow but will be searching on Sunday if possible/needed.

I was really shocked at how many cabins/sheds/shacks are out in those woods. Along with several abandoned cars, a semi cab, school bus, and a few tractor trailers.

One of the little cabins I searched was just really creepy to me. From the doorway you could see a chair sitting right in and facing the corner, just like some would put a child in "time out". That just freaked me out. There was a small cot in there, some orange netting and several old liscense plates nailed up on the wall.

The chair in the corner thing really bugged me though. Just didn't look right.

Thanks Jodibug irony is a very strange thing isnt it!
Other than the police saying that they dont believe it was an abduction is there anyother reason this child does not fit the criteria for an AA? Or are they just not releasing one based on how LE feels?:

They only issue AA's when there is a description of an abductor or car. The reason is that if they issue one for every child who runs off/hides/ect.... eventually no one will pay any attention to them.

I do agree and understand why they have to limit their issuance. It does suck. I don't like it.... but you don't want a "boy who cried wolf" situation either.

Thank you again Jodibug. There was no car in Somers case is it different from State to State?

Can I assume from your screen name you are experienced with search dogs? If so, what do you think about bringing cell phone trained scent dogs in? TIA.

I am assuming that you mean for a dog to find Elizabeth's cell phone? This above would be unnecessary SuziQ. All you would need to do is to have an 'article-trained' K9 to work this.

I know of a case where a cell phone was trying to be located and not only was the K9 trained for articles, but also specific articles, with a cell phone being one of the specific articles taught. (This comes in handy if the handler loses their cell phone! But the dog also specifically knows keys, pager, telephone, TV remote, etc.!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper