MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did hear from one neighbor about an old grey mazda truck on the side of Bittersweet the night of the abduction. The hood was up, no lights or flashers on, and the guy standing beside it had a hood up over his head/face.

The weather on Wednesday night was warm and clear. No reason for a hood. The neighbor thought it was strange that he didn't have any lights on.

The MHP officer I was with talked to the lady about it for awhile and gave her a number to call the same info in to. Hopefully they will be checking into that.

Also, several neighbors came out to ask why we were tromping through their yards as they had no idea what had happened.

and IMO, it was definitely an abduction. No question for me.

I stood right between the house she left from and her own home. You can stand there on Rt D and see both of them (without even turning your head.). There was absolutely no reason for her to get near the woods.

Jodi, I have sent you a PM with some questions, but one that everyone here would like to know... do you know the house number she left from, and the house number she was going to? Or, in the group of 5 houses, was she going... say... from the one 2nd from the bottom to first one at the top?

Just rumors....

While dad and brother are in prison in Bowling Green, apparently Grandpa just got released from prison recently. Some are wondering if Grandpa picked her up.

Jodibug, could this be a real possiblity? Grandpa? What do the people around there know about him?

Yes I think it is just searching any body of water in the area near where she went missing. The news had video of searchers using boats. I do not know about divers though.

Because of the tremendous dangers in diving, let alone the expense, my thought(s) would be that there has been no specific reason for divers to go in. That is, no evidence that Elizabeth is in the different bodies of water.

If there was a trail, for example, to the water, or evidence at the edge, etc., then this would be different.

We did hear from one neighbor about an old grey mazda truck on the side of Bittersweet the night of the abduction. The hood was up, no lights or flashers on, and the guy standing beside it had a hood up over his head/face.

The weather on Wednesday night was warm and clear. No reason for a hood. The neighbor thought it was strange that he didn't have any lights on.

The MHP officer I was with talked to the lady about it for awhile and gave her a number to call the same info in to. Hopefully they will be checking into that.

Also, several neighbors came out to ask why we were tromping through their yards as they had no idea what had happened.

and IMO, it was definitely an abduction. No question for me.

I stood right between the house she left from and her own home. You can stand there on Rt D and see both of them (without even turning your head.). There was absolutely no reason for her to get near the woods.
Thank you for talking to us Jodibug.

Do you know if the neighbors whose house she left was out searching?

This is ALL we have to go on this morning? What in the world is LE doing?!

Please remember Mom-of-Five, that the public only knows a small percentage of what LE does during their investigation(s). They can't let the public know, because remember, the bad person or persons out there who did the bad deed, can read too!

The neighbors were out searching on Wed night I know for sure.

Two of the women in my group had searched on Wed night also. They know Elizabeth's family and they showed us the house she left from.

Elizabeth's house is on the corner of Bittersweet and Rt D. There are 3 or four houses in a row there, and if you are heading South on Rt D, the house she left from is the first house that is set back from road. It is less than 1300 feet from Elizabeth's house. It has a long driveway and sets back behind a small pond. Same side of Rt D as Elizabeth's house.

I have to tell you, I am not sure when the pic on Google maps was taken. I am very farmiliar with Rt D, drove it to my babysitter's house every day for years and years.

The friend's house is newer though, and I am not sure it is on the picture on Google maps. So much was going on yesterday the picture in my mind may not be quite right. I remember it being right by the pond and next to a large shed building.

I think it is possible that is was built after the Google maps picture. But I will pay more attention next time I drive by. It is a newer, large white house (mini-mansion type). I will take a pic if I get a chance.

I am just SOOOOO frustrated with this case. Get off your @ss and do somthing about this little girl who is missing. Stop the search because it is dark? Would you want to be left out there alone?? No. Time is SO of the essence here. I wonder what kind of dogs they are using. Are they HRD? Or tracking?

mtrooper, let's hope scent-specific trailing dogs!

Thanx Jodi

That sounds like house #6 south from the highway. Makes it a little further walking than I thought.

There were search dogs out yesterday.

My lunch break is over now and I have to get back to work! After taking off yesterday I am swamped. I will be back when I can.

Thanx Jodi

That sounds like house #6 south from the highway. Makes it a little further walking than I thought.

The reason I think it might have been built after the pic is because it was NOT that far. Also, the house behind the pond in the pic does not look as large to me.

But you know how your mind "captures" a picture quickly and you might not remember it exactly as it looked. I will have to pay more attention next time.

Back to work for now...

This is the friend's house, or a new one has been built by the pond that is not on Google Maps yet.

friendshouse.png

My search team was led my some MHP officers yesterday.

{{{Bless you, Jodibug!}}}}

Thank you, Thank you, for being our eyes, and doing what so many of us want desperately to do, but are too far away to do so !!!

(I realize St Louis is not that far away, however it *is w/you're down w/H1N1.:yuck: I wouldn't want to give it to anyone...except mayhaps the perp!!! :furious:)

Sending many many prayers that Elizabeth will be found, and soon - this cold, wet, windy rainy weather we're having can't be helping much!

There were search dogs out yesterday.

My lunch break is over now and I have to get back to work! After taking off yesterday I am swamped. I will be back when I can.

But what KIND of search dogs Jodibug. There are differences. Like if you wanted to drive up a steep road on a mountain, you wouldn't use a sports car but an SUV-type vehicle; and if you were going to race someone on a flat oval track, you would bring out the sports car and not use the SUV. The term, a dog-is-a-dog-is-a-dog, just isn't correct (meaning what they are trained to do and their uses).

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 12:56 p.m.

The highway patrol is using a helicopter at his hour to search for missing 9 year-old Elizabeth Olten.

The helicopter is using infrared scanners to look for heat on the ground.

Besides looking from the sky, about 70 searchers are on foot.

Even so, Cole County Sheriff Greg White said he is not sure if Elizabeth is still in the area.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=366995

This is the friend's house, or a new one has been built by the pond that is not on Google Maps yet.

friendshouse.png

I am supposed to be working, but you guys are sucking me back in!

In my mind's eye..... the house is larger than that one, and not parallel to the highway, but offset, the direction of the top, long side of the pond.

I am going to drive by ASAP and check again. I will take a pic if possible. Yesterday there was a road block up there though, and if it is still there (probably not, but I don't know) then the officers may not appreciate my photography.

I am thinking that maybe this newer house is between the last in the row of houses and the pond. I remember the pond being in front of the house, but it might not have been.

But it seriously was not that far away. I don't think it is the house above.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/7f2e673e-80ce-0971-01cf-bae15c87f75b

White says searchers covered a wide area on Thursday, the Friday search is more contained to specific areas. White did not give any more details. He did say an abduction is the least likely possibility in Elizabeth's disappearance. He plans to speak to the media again at 3 p.m.

What is he saying here? If she wasn't abducted, then where is she?

In one of the other articles above they said that ATT gave them her phone records
and LE was going over those.
Is it possible that they found information in those records that lead them to believe
she met someone and went with them…. thus no abduction?

I am thinking that maybe this newer house is between the last in the row of houses and the pond. I remember the pond being in front of the house, but it might not have been.

But it seriously was not that far away. I don't think it is the house above.

I am *more sure* of the house being offset then I am the placement of the pond. I know there was a house, pond and storage building together, so I think that is the right area, but it wasn't that far of a walk from Elisabeth's house. I think this is a newer house built where the open space is in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly