MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that "600 block" information is correct. That is a looooong walk from those 5 houses.

I'm questioning a business at 224 Lomo Drive.

The RSO with the same last name is Lawrence B. He lives one hour away in the same state.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Good catch!

I wonder if he was in the area?

On the 600 block Lomo Dr.it is the only reference I saw to where the friend lived. And I agree it looks more than 1/4 of a mile, but KMIZ.com is reporting it was a half mile. Who knows? I just don't see the so called "yard" she would have cut through. Those look like fields to me.

Walking directions to 202 Lomo Dr, St Martins, MO 65109
0.4 mi – about 8 mins

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...3776,-92.325459&spn=0.001168,0.00284&t=h&z=19

Posted by Matt LeBlanc on Thu Oct 22, 2009
Last updated 16 hrs ago

Emergency crews in Cole County still are searching for a girl reported missing Wednesday from St. Martins.

Elizabeth K. Olten, 9, was reported missing just before 7 p.m. Wednesday. Family members said she had left a friend's home in the 600 block of Route D and was walking home.

She's described as white, 5-feet 2-inches tall and about 102 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Elizabeth was last seen wearing a pink scarf, pink shirt and sweater, blue jeans and white sneakers.

Cole County Sheriff Greg White is scheduled to speak to reporters about the search for the girl at 1 p.m. in St. Martins.

bottom of the page http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=15293

Sorry to quote myself, but found more info. I found an obituary for a man who's sons are the RSO I mentioned, and the owner of the business at the address I mentioned. There were also 2 daughters... one who lives in the city where the RSO is registered as living.

Am I the only one who thinks this might be important?

You can call it in A 24-hour manned tipline 1-866-362-6422.

IMO, this family has some problems, past or present with LE, and ya, they are just not as concerned as they would be if it was Family X. This is jmo from reading around about them/the father, etc. I imagine the family is well known and not well liked.
I am appalled to think that LE would treat a missing CHILD that way because of what her parents/family have done...but IDK.
The link up there to the story with all the comments, there is plenty mention of a "sick" background, and hints that dad has SO "friends" from what I'm reading.
Poor baby, why is she so different from Angel Somer?

I so agree.

Here is an page about the father's girlfriend who also vanished:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haslag_jasmine.html

What exactly do they think happened to this girl??? LE is driving me crazy! I highly doubt she decided to go for a walk in the woods that she was said to be AFRAID of!!! So, what's left? She didn't run away...no evidence of abduction...I really don't get it. Regardless of what they think happened the fact doesn't change that a 9 year old girl is missing & is in danger. I'm so sad over all of this. :(

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/7f2e673e-80ce-0971-01cf-bae15c87f75b

White says searchers covered a wide area on Thursday, the Friday search is more contained to specific areas. White did not give any more details. He did say an abduction is the least likely possibility in Elizabeth's disappearance. He plans to speak to the media again at 3 p.m.

What is he saying here? If she wasn't abducted, then where is she?

I find this outrageous. Evidently this Sheriff thinks she is playing in the woods. At once the link states there is very little evidence, and then it states that "an abduction is the least likely possiblity."

Why is abduction the least likely possiblity? Because of statistics? Because of the lack of evidence? Often there is no evidence that a child has been abducted except for the fact that the child is missing! What evidence of abduction does he need? She's not home. :(

He thinks she's in the woods, he says ""Well, I think the woods are a possibility (where the girl may be). Kids in this area play in the woods and farm areas." This is speculation! Why can he not speculate to benefit the child and the search? Why can he not speculate that she may have been abducted into those woods? Why not speculate in a way that would call in the FBI and additional help? Is he being territorial? Does he really think that a 9 year old girl is going to go off and play in the woods at dusk, at dinner time, alone? grrrr sorry, just venting

He thinks she's in the woods, he says ""Well, I think the woods are a possibility (where the girl may be). Kids in this area play in the woods and farm areas." This is speculation! Why can he not speculate to benefit the child and the search? Why can he not speculate that she may have been abducted into those woods? Why not speculate in a way that would call in the FBI and additional help? Is he being territorial? Does he really think that a 9 year old girl is going to go off and play in the woods at dusk, at dinner time, alone? grrrr sorry, just venting

Snipped & BBM

Also, what exactly does he think she's doing in the woods? She isn't having a tea party! It's been cold & rainy & as far as we know she has no food or water. There are probably dangerous animals in the woods. If he really thought she was there then does he honestly think she's alive? If so, wouldn't he have kept the searches up all night long? And if he thinks she is dead doesn't he realize the importance or forensics in solving a crime? :banghead:

Sorry, I am very frustrated today.

Makes ya just wanna shake em! Least likely? Really! Then could they just give us a small indication of what they think she might have done. Cuz I'm thinking that she didnt go into the woods to play. She's not Rumplestilkin and I dont think she is napping under a tree!

Sorry to quote myself, but found more info. I found an obituary for a man who's sons are the RSO I mentioned, and the owner of the business at the address I mentioned. There were also 2 daughters... one who lives in the city where the RSO is registered as living.

Am I the only one who thinks this might be important?

I'm interested yet can't find who you're talking about (computer keeps locking up) could you PM me this name etc so that I can skip that part that locks my computer up? thanks)

I am glad to see they are using dogs today. I wonder what kind of dogs they are using. I'm crossing my fingers that the weather will clear so they can send up that helicopter.

Cole County Sheriff Greg White said Friday that about 70 investigators are checking leads and another 70 people are scouring woody, uneven terrain west of Jefferson City. White says he's not sure if Elizabeth Olten is still in the area.

http://www.bnd.com/336/story/978046.html

I can only hope this is poor reporting. They don't think she's been abducted, but she's left the area. *rolls eyes* Her mom reported her missing within 30 minutes!

Cole County Sheriff Greg White said Friday that about 70 investigators are checking leads and another 70 people are scouring woody, uneven terrain west of Jefferson City. White says he's not sure if Elizabeth Olten is still in the area.

http://www.bnd.com/336/story/978046.html

I can only hope this is poor reporting. They don't think she's been abducted, but she's left the area. *rolls eyes* Her mom reported her missing within 30 minutes!

who are they trying to confuse -- the perp or the public? :banghead:

I hope at the 3pm presser we learn from the Sheriff himself why he doesn't think this was a "random abduction". Please let a reporter ask him, if he doesn't address it himself!

Just a thought...If she got in trouble at her friends house and sent home, is there a chance of suicide? I am running out of ideas here..

Just a thought...If she got in trouble at her friends house and sent home, is there a chance of suicide? I am running out of ideas here..
I really wouldn't think so - highly unlikely. Although the way the local LE is acting - maybe that's what they think!

Have they ever given a reason that is logical as to why an Amber Alert was not issued, I mean other that the thing that they have no evidence that it was an abduction. Thier reasoning isnt making scence to me.

I would think if she killed herself she would be with her phone. Sure would be nice if they released a few more details! Any possibility that she ran away? Was afraid her mom found out about her getting in trouble? Still does not explain the phone in the woods. Any possibility she was attacked, and he disposed of her body else where? Then heard the news about the cell phone and went out there to retreive it? Sorry...grasping at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper