MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in regards to my comment earlier about area/local teens and their parents checking up on them via fb ms twitter accounts etc.
Unfourtanely needing pw's to each and everyone of these sites would be a nightmare.

Does anyone know if there is a progam to install on the computer that will let you know what is being posted? Something that will alert you if certain words are used?

I know the pw issue can make it dificult but IMOO any parent who has a teen and does not have access to ALL their child's pw's should not be allowing teen access to computer. Gone are the days when anyone can give me ANY good argument for a teen's privacy. Sorry, not the teens I don't trust, its the predators and sicko out there trolling the net I don't trust.

Or perhaps just email or call the reporter. I followed the Coleman murder case very closely. The reporter for the St. Louis Post Dispatch who covers that case has always answered emails from readers that had questions..

I think the KRCG13 reporter had the papers from the grand jury in her hands when she reported on the verdict of the grand jury. Maybe it is something that was testimony to the grand jury.

When the unthinkable is happening, family members can go into shock. Years ago, a family member related to my ex did something shocking. This person denied it and we believed him. It was after the shock wore off that I was able to start adding up the facts and realized it could be true. I went to this person one-on-one and they admitted it was true and they were crushed by their own behavior.

So, whatever AB's family did in the immediate hours that Elizabeth went missing are understandable to me. I hope that if something like that ever happened to me again, I would handle the shock period better, but I don't know. At least once that period was over with, they were cooperative with LE.

If she was hysterical and threatening suicide, I could see that. And we really don't know how soon they contacted LE if they really went to St Louis. It could have been very soon after they arrived, which would explain the lack of an Amber Alert. We just don't know.

I would call 911 in that case. I certainly would not put her in a car and drive away. If they feared she was suicidal what would have prevented her from jumping from the moving car or something else.

When the unthinkable is happening, family members can go into shock. Years ago, a family member related to my ex did something shocking. This person denied it and we believed him. It was after the shock wore off that I was able to start adding up the facts and realized it could be true. I went to this person one-on-one and they admitted it was true and they were crushed by their own behavior.

So, whatever AB's family did in the immediate hours that Elizabeth went missing are understandable to me. I hope that if something like that ever happened to me again, I would handle the shock period better, but I don't know. At least once that period was over with, they were cooperative with LE.

I agree about shock periods. But as far as gps go, I would think LE was on their doorstep pretty quickly. But LE and GPs would be focused on the little girl. Trying to get answers from a 6yr old isn't easy either. So it would take awhile to get focused on the 15yr old. jmo

I would call 911 in that case. I certainly would not put her in a car and drive away. If they feared she was suicidal what would have prevented her from jumping from the moving car or something else.

She was already a mental case. If they called pathways, maybe that is where they told the gps to take her.

It is the EXACT same person. If you go look at "CR" myspace today her name is now TR! image that. She is seen on tv as TR and now her myspace reflects the same thing! Same one that had some pretty "odd" (to say the lease) pictures of herself on myspace.

Good lord! With the cached CR Facebook status as "Hiding Something", could she have known all along??? Shouldn't she be charged if this is the case?!

I agree. Dont get me wrong i think shes evil and she has to be punished for her crime but...i have a stepdaughter who is just 15 also. She is a "Scene" kid and wears the blue varnish AB does and the same sort of clothes. She also has had a lot of problems and i think lives in a world of her own to blot out reality. I cant help looking at her and her friends..and imagine them in prison for the rest of there lives. Allyssas life is over before its really begun. Like Elizabeths i guess :(

The thing is though with all the problems mystep- daughter has had..i know she could never do anything to hurt anyone else let alone a child. She just loves them way too much.

Its all so senseless :(

i hate to sound rude,and i might be wrong,,but i imagin alyssa's Gps thot the same thing last month:(

I have yet to hear the audio or see TR's dad on the video.... and now the link isn't working. Does anyone having another link, or can someone type out what all was said (doesn't need to be exact)?

TIA!

NM.... I found it. Yep, dad looks like a winner.

Maybe they flipped the child safety locks so she couldn't get out, like I do to my two year old. I don't know.

in regards to my comment earlier about area/local teens and their parents checking up on them via fb ms twitter accounts etc.

I know the pw issue can make it dificult but IMOO any parent who has a teen and does not have access to ALL their child's pw's should not be allowing teen access to computer. Gone are the days when anyone can give me ANY good argument for a teen's privacy. Sorry, not the teens I don't trust, its the predators and sicko out there trolling the net I don't trust.

ITA. My child is just year shy of being old enough to have a Facebook or MySpace account. He does, however, have an email account and has 2 accounts for online games. It is a very strict rule that I know the passwords. I made it known that I reserve the right to check his accounts periodically. He also knows that if there is ever a time that I cannot access an account because of a password change, the privilege will be taken away. Period.

I paid for the computer and I pay for the Internet service. He gets to use it as a privilege and there are no rights to privacy.

I have yet to hear the audio or see TR's dad on the video.... and now the link isn't working. Does anyone having another link, or can someone type out what all was said (doesn't need to be exact)?

TIA!

NM.... I found it. Yep, dad looks like a winner.

They make Jefferson City look like a pleasant place to raise a couple kids don't they? :sarcastic:

Hmm.. "we were supposed to do it together" Two holes dug ... I wonder if TR and Alyssa had a suicide pact and TR backed out, making Alyssa mad and EO did something to Alyssa to set her off? TOTALLY off the top of my head, but with this case, you never know.

It is the EXACT same person. If you go look at "CR" myspace today her name is now TR! image that. She is seen on tv as TR and now her myspace reflects the same thing! Same one that had some pretty "odd" (to say the lease) pictures of herself on myspace.

Hope this hasn't been posted but it has some interesting reading

http://www.abc17news.com/news/story.php?id=15503

Yikes! FYI.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.abc17news.com

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 171 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-11-18, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-11-18.

Malicious software includes 185 scripting exploit(s), 3 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

http://safebrowsing.clients.google....refox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.abc17news.com/

She was already a mental case. If they called pathways, maybe that is where they told the gps to take her.

I have had some experience with a friends child and we were instructed to call 911. It is not safe to have any delay. After emergency services have ressponded the situation would be assessed and go from there. They would most likely take her into the area hospital and then Pathways would make arrangements for transfers and such after the party was secured.

I am not from the area but I don't think the protocol would differ that much. Eliminating risk is the first priority and a 2 hour car ride is a high risk situation for harm as well as a flight risk. Even with the child safety locks on as someone suggested there are other ways. Think of how quickly the steering wheel could be grabbed and slammed into a wall or another vehicle. The driver attacked and distracted even momentarily. Unless she was tied up and had two-three people watching her every move exclusively it would not be safe.

Hope this hasn't been posted but it has some interesting reading

http://www.abc17news.com/news/story.php?id=15503

Hmm.. I'm getting a lot of warnings from that link.

What is the current listing status for www.abc17news.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 171 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 5 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-11-18, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-11-18.

Malicious software includes 185 scripting exploit(s), 3 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Good lord! With the cached CR Facebook status as "Hiding Something", could she have known all along??? Shouldn't she be charged if this is the case?!

Obviously she (CR/TR) knew SOMETHING. Her father was on camera talking about how she knew Alyssa wanted the experience of killing someone to know what it felt like but never thought she would ACTUALLY do it. I mean HELLO. If my daughter came to me and said Mom so and so wants to know what it feels like to kill someone/something. I would be calling the cops forget talking to the GPs. At the VERY least since I am sure everyone knew she was going through the counseling through Pathways I would have contacted someone from there and let them in on the "secret"! I think this girl should have been locked up A LONG TIME AGO. Ultimatly I think she would have killed at some point in her life no matter what if she was not locked up for the rest of her life.

This all brings me back to the question did no one that was coming in and talking to her on a regular basis not check her networking sites? I mean these kids didn't just become this way over night. The one girl (can't remember if it was CR/TR or another girl) had the photos of her holding the gun to her head, and the pictures of her with "blood" all over her while standing in the shower with nothing but a bra and underware on for at least a year.

I know when I was about 12 years old I ran away from home, then had a person from DFS coming to my house twice a week to "observe" the way our house hold was ran and giving my mother pointers on things she could do. One time she told my mom if we didn't like what she chose to cook for dinner we could go to bed hungry! We would eat breakfast the next morning. This woman knew EVERYTHING I did for a span of about three months. All because I ran away and in the process made a false alligation (I said that she told me if I didn't like it at her house she would ship me off to live with the homeless!) against my mother. I was stupid, young and pi##$d off at my mother when I did it, biggest mistake of my life and really there was nothing wrong with me other than I was a stupid kid. lol

How could this stuff have "slipped through the cracks"?

oh no! I hope I didn't infect my work pc. I didn't have any problems, and my virus software hasn't started acting crazy trying to rid the system of anything~

I let my daughter take off school for the hearing.

Honestly, she doesn't learn *that much* in a typical day in public school. I think she learned more yesterday at court.

She is currently also in a business and criminal law class, so I don't have a problem with her being in the courtroom.

Real life experience is the best teacher. We wanted to see a court proceeding first hand. (I had been to other court proceedings before, but nothing like this.) It was educational for both of us.

Jodibug, I can certainly see that this would be a valuable learning experience for your daughter.

As for "Trisha", I have a hunch she'll have her own first-hand knowledge of the legal system soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay