MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is to say she won't go to Mid MO in Columbia vs Fulton? And the only place I can think of in Morgan County is the place in Versailles... I could picture them sending her there

They may have consulted an attorney for options, and decided that she will end up where she needs to be. AS was said above, they do have other children to take care of.

I suspect you are right. These don't seem to be people who have a ton of money, they only just built their home 2 years ago, they've still got 3 young kids to support, they've probably spent quite a bit to get Alyssa the help she's gotten, and grandpa is getting near retirement age. Paying for a real defense attorney in this kind of case would probably put them in a financial hole they could never get out of. Looking at it realistically, whether it is to jail or a mental hospital, Alyssa will be put away for life and the best lawyer in the world will probably not be able to change that. Why throw away the future of the whole family in a futile exercise?

This would be my guess, Fulton. Atleast untill she turns 18..or 17,according to what someone said,they take teens at 17 in MO. prisons..I would doubt they send her to moberly tho,being that's where elizabeths dad is...too risky IMO.
But it isn't up to me. :waitasec: .dec/7/ is thwe next court date, I think.

What is to say she won't go to Mid MO in Columbia vs Fulton? And the only place I can think of in Morgan County is the place in Versailles... I could picture them sending her there

I heard on the news yesterday,she's in the county jail in morgan county. awaiting the next hearing.

Apparently, Alyssa confessed in the presence of her grandmother. There is only so much that even a high profile defense attorney can do with that. Even if the grandparents did have a lot of money, I am not sure I would spend a lot for an expensive attorney, anyway.

I do have a question though, for any legal eagles out there. I was following the quintuple murder in Beeson, Ill. There was a person involved that was charged with obstruction in that case who was denied a public defender, because of their income. Can Alyssa be denied a public defender for future court proceeding if her grandparents are not considered to be indigent?

Apparently, Alyssa confessed in the presence of her grandmother. There is only so much that even a high profile defense attorney can do with that. Even if the grandparents did have a lot of money, I am not sure I would spend a lot for an expensive attorney, anyway.

I do have a question though, for any legal eagles out there. I was following the quintuple murder in Beeson, Ill. There was a person involved that was charged with obstruction in that case who was denied a public defender, because of their income. Can Alyssa be denied a public defender for future court proceeding if her grandparents are not considered to be indigent?

Hi larjr56, Central IL over here. As this case is close to home, I have also been following that one but there is not much news coverage on it and LE is being very closed lipped.

I do not believe the grandparents can be help liable for hiring an attorney. If the facts, as I know them, are correct and grandparents have custodial rights but are not her adoptive legal parents.

Some of the legal eagles may have a different answer for you (I am not a lawyer, I just type for one, lol) so anything I say in here is IMOO :)

Regarding the timeline. I'm beginning to wonder how long they were out in the woods. I'd assumed around 45 minutes given that a call was supposedly made at 6:15. But if that call went to voicemail or was an unanswered text, we don't know that Elizebeth was alive even then. And it would explain why her mom made the call at 7:00...if I got my daughter's voicemail and she still wasn't home 45 minutes later, I'd be right freaked out.

Then there's the issue of the two graves. Killing a person and filling in TWO graves and then concealing them with leaves, brush, etc. takes some time. Especially given the fact that it seems like it was exactly a 'quick kill'.

i'm not "possitive" but i think i seen on TV that since AB was declaired an adult,,her granparents are no longer liable for her,,so she will be ellagble;; :waitasec: ;(might check that spelling) for public defender.

i'm not "possitive" but i think i seen on TV that since AB was declaired an adult,,her granparents are no longer liable for her,,so she will be ellagble;; :waitasec: ;(might check that spelling) for public defender.

p.s. also,i seen today,the PD alreadfy came to the court and petitioned for her case.

Ahh, your right. That makes perfect sense. Thanks!

This would be my guess, Fulton. Atleast untill she turns 18..or 17,according to what someone said,they take teens at 17 in MO. prisons..I would doubt they send her to moberly tho,being that's where elizabeths dad is...too risky IMO.

Why would they send a JUVENILE FEMALE to MCC (Moberly Correctional Center) an ADULT MALE prison that only houses C-3 criminals, first degree murder I am guessing is going to get her a C-5 status, in the first place. Furthermore, Elizabeth's dad and brother are both housed at NECC (Northeast Correctional Center in Bowling Green). Even if Alyssa plead guilty tomorrow and was sentanced prison she would be sent to/stay at WERDCC (Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center) in Vandalia until at least her 18th birthday and then at that time they can either keep her at WERDCC or they could transfer her to CCC (Chillicothe Correctional Center)
No matter where she goes she will never see the inside of a MALE prison!

Off to see what docs we can see. Anyone else struck by the difference between the AB she portrayed in the photos we've seen, and the no-makeup, no-shocking-props mug shot?

I know that when her identity started to leak onto the web as locals made comments, I recall someone mentioning that she had "gotten fat." I thought it was odd because I had seen all of her social networking sites and she looked to be a reasonable weight. (It was a comment from a local on a site somewhere. I don't recall where, but since this isn't really a "rumor" I think it's okay to mention.)

She does look different in the mugshot and I don't think that it's just the makeup and clothing. Her face looks puffy. She doesn't look "fat." We don't see her body, but I wonder if she had put on weight as a result of her anti-depressants. I believe that does happen to some people. If you had shown me the new photo I would not have guessed that it was her.

Regarding the timeline. I'm beginning to wonder how long they were out in the woods. I'd assumed around 45 minutes given that a call was supposedly made at 6:15. But if that call went to voicemail or was an unanswered text, we don't know that Elizebeth was alive even then. And it would explain why her mom made the call at 7:00...if I got my daughter's voicemail and she still wasn't home 45 minutes later, I'd be right freaked out.

Then there's the issue of the two graves. Killing a person and filling in TWO graves and then concealing them with leaves, brush, etc. takes some time. Especially given the fact that it seems like it was exactly a 'quick kill'.

i been thinkin on the "time line" too,,i just cant help to think,,if EO left the house at 6:15,and the 911 call went out at 7:00,that gives AB 45 minutes to do everything she had to do,,which IMO would be,,lure EO back,get her to the woods,,(dont know how far ir was) choke her,cut her throat,and stab her,,(admittedly,it don't take that long to cut and stab someone) but it been raining for days,there would be mud all over,,the graves would be full of water. plus ya gotta look at EOs size, in comparison to AB.,..about the same size, i think,, what i wonder is.. is AB strong enough physacly,,to do everything in that time period?that's alot of work for someone even my own size,,let alone a (runt) the size of AB..she looks pretty small.

I know that when her identity started to leak onto the web as locals made comments, I recall someone mentioning that she had "gotten fat." I thought it was odd because I had seen all of her social networking sites and she looked to be a reasonable weight. (It was a comment from a local on a site somewhere. I don't recall where, but since this isn't really a "rumor" I think it's okay to mention.)

She does look different in the mugshot and I don't think that it's just the makeup and clothing. Her face looks puffy. She doesn't look "fat." We don't see her body, but I wonder if she had put on weight as a result of her anti-depressants. I believe that does happen to some people. If you had shown me the new photo I would not have guessed that it was her.

mycroft;

That was on topix I think. Someone saw a girl in one of AB's videos and thought the girl in the vid was AB. It was not AB, it was a friend, AB was the narrator not seen on film, only heard.

Why would they send a JUVENILE FEMALE to MCC (Moberly Correctional Center) an ADULT MALE prison that only houses C-3 criminals, first degree murder I am guessing is going to get her a C-5 status, in the first place. Furthermore, Elizabeth's dad and brother are both housed at NECC (Northeast Correctional Center in Bowling Green). Even if Alyssa plead guilty tomorrow and was sentanced prison she would be sent to/stay at WERDCC (Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center) in Vandalia until at least her 18th birthday and then at that time they can either keep her at WERDCC or they could transfer her to CCC (Chillicothe Correctional Center)
No matter where she goes she will never see the inside of a MALE prison!

my appoligies for a stupid mistake.

Dale Olten Sr and Jr are both in Bowling Greene per the DOC website. They are not in Moberly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne