MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously some of the locals will know who this girl is, just from that information. It's amazing her name hasn't been posted on comment boards at news websites or anything.

The cat is so totally out of the bag. I mean, the cat has been out of the bag so long that if you asked the cat about the bag, the cat would be like, "Oh, the BAG? That was forever ago." And then the cat would roll its eyes and go back to being out of the bag.

capoly - thanks for the article about Elizabeth's murderer and the Mo. process for deciding to charge as an adult and what happens after. Very interesting. I may have to add it to my files for future reference. I really like the dual jurisdiction process. Also, I may have to spend a little time looking up the rehab process for juveniles. I'm interested in how states handle those types of things (and I have very little faith in true rehab.J)

Everyneeds advice - I am quoting you because it makes a nice jumping off point for something that I wanted to share. It is on topic, I believe, but not directly related to Elizabeth. And WELCOME Danni!
Thanks and welcome to WS. I haven't read the article or comments you linked yet but I sure hope they grandparents don't get the blame either, from other comments on here, it sounds like they were trying to do the best they could. Hopefully we will know more about the suspect tomorrow.

I also hope the grandparents will not be blamed. It is my opinion, after reading Dr. Bruce Perry's book The Boy Who Was Raised As A Dog that the damage done to the 15-year old was done well before the Grandparents came into his/her life. Dr. Perry works with traumatized children and the book tells some of their stories and describes therapies that worked/didn't work and also gives a great deal of layman's term education on the brain and how it grows and develops. Very interesting stuff, especially given some of the stories we follow on this board.

Anyway - just wanted to share. A book well worth reading, in my opinion. And pretty easy reading compared to some of the psychology books you see on the market.

Salem

The cat is so totally out of the bag. I mean, the cat has been out of the bag so long that if you asked the cat about the bag, the cat would be like, "Oh, the BAG? That was forever ago." And then the cat would roll its eyes and go back to being out of the bag.

Okay - I laughed out loud and that is not an easy thing for me to do on a Monday morning, only one cup of coffee so far, and in the middle of WS catching up on all the things that happened while I slept.

Salem

Something I just noticed... Jodibug take note...

On CaseNet, the case for KB guardianship of the 3 children is gone. The case for guardianship of the 1 child is still there, and the case vs the father of the 3 children is still there.

But the case with AB's name has disappeared.

Gone are the names of the brothers also. If you search the "B" surname, all that shows is the father vs KB. I believe that was a child support hearing.

Can anyone confirm if MySpace, FaceBook and Twitter links are still accessible?

It says here that a 15yr old girl from Elizabeth's neighborhood was arrested:

Confidential law enforcement sources and St. Martin's residents continue to tell KRCG the suspect to be charged in Elizabeth Olten's death is a 15-year-old girl from Elizabeth's neighborhood
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367283

Just want to point out though, that OFFICIAL LE will not confirm the information. How frustrating! I hope they have that hearing today. If some of the rumors we have heard are true, I think the decision to try the teen as an adult could come today. That's only if some of the unconfirmed rumors are true.

Salem

I wonder if we will hear something by this afternoon. Surely, kids at school must have the same idea we have about who this girl is. When she isn't in class today I think it will confirm it for them. I plan on checking twitter this afternoon & searching for her name to see what comes up.

This is exactly why I am not letting my daughter go to her friends house when she is older unless I know she will supervised, I drop her, and I pick her up, and I know the parents and children. Of course I am sure Elizabeth's mom probably thought she was safe going to the home only a couple hours away. Last month my 9 year old neice went to her friends house down the street. She came home crying. Apparently the brother of her friend came outside with another child and threw her down on the ground in dog poop kicking her in the stomach and the head. My sister made remarks, but made no attempt to do something about it. I on the other hand was furious. Not only because I now have a daughter and would not accept something like this happening to her, but because this was my neice who I cared for as well. I got up and told her you may not do something but I will. I jumped in my car and went down to the childrens home. I knocked on the door and told the mother. She called the boy in there and he said he was just "playing". She said, "Well you know how little boys are". I responded by saying, "well if that is how your son likes to play, he is no longer welcome at my parents and she is not to go there, if you see her there please tell her to go home". My neice plays in my parents fenced in backyard where she also lives. If another child comes over she is always quick to sneek away with them when she knows nobody is looking. Most of the times she asks first and usually it's right nextdoor or a couple houses down and she is watched as she walks, but if she is told no she will sneek. She has never been disciplined for her actions, so she will more then likely continue to do so even as unsafe as it is. My daughter on the other hand will be taught to listen to us when we tell her no. She is already does so. I don't believe in spankings but there will be an alternate punishment if she chose not to listen to us. Kids are cruel these days and you never know what they can be capable of.

When was the 15 year old taken into custody.

The psychological testing will be first which may take up to 5 to 7 business days. After the rec's and diagnosis (which I guarantee she'll have something) are made then I think we'll know more about this.

On CaseNet, the case for KB guardianship of the 3 children is gone. The case for guardianship of the 1 child is still there, and the case vs the father of the 3 children is still there.

Gone are the names of the brothers also. If you search the "B" surname, all that shows is the father vs KB. I believe that was a child support hearing.

I noticed when searching her ms name to find comments she has posted on friends pages - they do not show, shows just a red x. Not sure if they were removed by LE or its just coincidence.

This is exactly why I didn't let my boys spend the night at their friend's houses when they were little. They asked almost every weekend and couldn't understand why I was so "mean". I didn't know who lived there, what was going on, and the RSO information was worse then than it is now.

When they have grandchildren, I'm going to be all over them about it, too.

I live two miles from Elizabeth's house. I have a 15 year old son and I am sure he will know more by the end of the day when he gets home from school.

You are going to have to PM me with your son's info. I'm reading initials on this board and i'm lost, I keep going back and can't find anything.

I also just read on www.KOMU.com That the friends house is on Lo Mo drive. Did we know this? lol.... My head is spinning ( and the cat/bag post didn't help. LOL)

According to this article there will not be a hearing to determine if she will be tried as an adult until next week and if she is to be tried as an adult, only then will her identity be released.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367283

"Because this is a juvenile, we will be, next week, by law filing for a certification hearing," said Couty.

The certification hearing will determine if the 15-year-old will be tried as an adult or as a juvenile. If a judge determines that the 15-year-old should be tried as an adult, more details will be made available to the public.

There is not a date set yet for that hearing.

Kimster, I agree. I've probably got my kids so scared that they dont even bother to ask. I dont have a problem if kids come to our house but I certainly aint sending mine to anyone elses. Uh uh, no way!

I live in a small town & I am stunned at how people take their kids safety for granted here. I cant even tell you how often I see tiny kids (3 or 4 yrs) playing by the street with no supervision. If someone were to grab one of these kids they could be out of town on the highway in under 3 minutes. They can be out of state in about 20-25 mins. Every time I see this I would love to find the parents & smack some sense into them.

Lqqkout, the bottom part of that article was written right after the girl was charged. I'm pretty sure that the "next week" in the article is actually this week. Hope so, anyway.

Kimster, I agree. I've probably got my kids so scared that they dont even bother to ask. I dont have a problem if kids come to our house but I certainly aint sending mine to anyone elses. Uh uh, no way!

I live in a small town & I am stunned at how people take their kids safety for granted here. I cant even tell you how often I see tiny kids (3 or 4 yrs) playing by the street with no supervision. If someone were to grab one of these kids they could be out of town on the highway in under 3 minutes. They can be out of state in about 20-25 mins. Every time I see this I would love to find the parents & smack some sense into them.

I also live in a small town and it is the same. In fact, even I had a false sense of security here about letting my kids walk to the local convenience store and that kind of thing. The sleep overs were too much for me, tho. I did let kids stay here all the time.

After Lindsey Baum's case, in a town about the size of my own, I no longer feel secure for our kids here anymore either.

I noticed when searching her ms name to find comments she has posted on friends pages - they do not show, shows just a red x. Not sure if they were removed by LE or its just coincidence.

If you google her MS "name" up above her picture, then click on the cached link under each result, you can still see comments(I can) some she attached pictures I'm assuming it is from a photobucket or similar account that has been deleted--that is why you cannot see a picture in the comment box..

The cached pages show a lot of public pages at that time, so I'm thinking people all went in to make their pages private and some deleted her as a friend?? (That's when an x comes up)

I would hope all the parents are monitoring their kids MS's (I do) to make sure they are private.

I was looking at friends of friends of her last night and one boy made a comment on someone's page "me and my mom are growing 10 plants in the closet".. can you believe?? I hope that mom gets caught!!!

Jodibug, is you child in high school. Believe this 15yr old went there if she wasn't held back. People on this forum were discussing and looking up google maps on thurs and fri. So maybe if you go back to some of those pages of this forum, there will be links there, the names may be removed from there too. That may be a sign in itself that is who it is. Otherwise, there would be no reason to remove that info. Otherwise, we are not allowed, on this website to give out the names addresses etc.

Twitter still works. I finally found the name today using goolge search and a comment/post she made. Funny when I searched at home I had no luck but at work it hit right away. I wonder if it has something to do with which version of explorer you use. I know my browser at home has not been updated but work one is current. FWIW for those that have yet to be sucessfull in finding a name.

I am sorry if I missed this...have they released her cause of death yet?

I am sorry if I missed this...have they released her cause of death yet?

Has there been a rumor thread set up? I read about a possible COD under comments on a newspaper article but am reluctant to post as it is not official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member