MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to respectfully disagree about your assessment of what a "scene" kid is.

This is my understanding of the differences between Goth, Emo and Scene. Of course NOT everyone fits the bill.

Goth - like to dress dark, into alternative music/rock/metal. They usually are not depressed, harmful, etc. That's typically a misconception about them.

Emo - Dress dark, think dark, emotional, often self mutilate and are also often depressed, suicidal, etc.

Scene
- they like the same style of hair as Emo's (usually they also add some color streaks in) but do NOT partake in the same dark, depressing attitude that many Emo's typically do. They often listen to tech, punk, rock, indie type music. They also tend to dress more trendy and more colorful. Like wearing colored scarves, hats, striped gloves, Hello Kitty attire, tight pants, etc. Scene kids often HATE being compared to Emos.

To me, while AB's attitude may be Emo, she dresses and looks more like a scene kid (i.e., the Hello Kitty shirt in her Twitter profile pics, hat in her MS pic) IMO. BUT, regardless of how she dressed or what she was into, she was old enough TO KNOW BETTER!

I completely agree with your points on Goth and EMO. I have never heard of SCENE. I'm begining to think EMO means different things in differnet areas.

But hear these kids are emotionally disturbed, cut themselves, and think the whole world is against them. JMO

I've been wondering a few things. LE was called around 7p.m., of course they prob went to the friends house to question the residents. I wonder how the grandparents reacted, I wonder if AB was at home at this time, I wonder if possibly they may have realized she was gone too and told LE that she was gone too? I don't know why I wonder this, I guess becaue of what was said earlier about why LE didn't put out the Amber Alert. There had to have been something to immediately tip them off right?

Just wanted to say that just because someone is considered "emo", doesn't mean they are depressed, dark, or cut. For many, it's just a style or way to dress, or the type of music they listen to.

Please don't generalize.

And Urban Dictionary is by NO means an authority on anything. Very offensive.

We need a rumor thread sooooooooooooo bad! :(
Are NONE of the Mods able to be bribed??? ;)

Like another poster said I dont care about her name being released just release the info!

I understand how sad and stuff it is to hear about a child living under those circumstances and feeling the way she did.

HOWEVER, there are sooooooooooo many programs out there now-a-days to help kids like her and sooooooooo many people out there who are willing to help people like her. I'm guessing that she could have easily reached out to a teacher, counselor, someone and received the help she needed. She did NOT have to resort to killing. I don't care what she was going through, how she was living, etc. She was definitely old enough to know better. And I'm sure she knew that the feelings she was feeling were not normal (i.e., wanting to kill). She should have sought help. JMO

this is sooo IMO, but when I 1st heard about a letter(note) given to LE, I thought it was a tip from someone, orginally, I was thinking someone in her own family, now i'm think "maybe" a friend etc. Then there was a search warrant which gave even more imfo. I have to take a second ( and this hurts to do) but I have read this 15 yr olds tweeters page (or whatever you call it) this girl was disturbed, unhappy, her parents are not around, they're trouble, she is living where she doesnt want to be, her family is broken up. Her last tweeter said" sitting in class bored, wishes she had her cell phone" (and If i recall correctly, this was the same day that Elizabeth went missing), this girl had serious signs, I"m not making excuses by far but the thought of this girl so unhappy, disturbed and then doing this. I'm not one to place blame on parents or family, but this girl seems to be crying for help. AGAIN, not making excuses. Very sad here in PA

I agree. And, as I was writing it I was thinking the same thing. That these things probably mean slightly something different depending on what area you are in and who you talk to.

I completely agree with your points on Goth and EMO. I have never heard of SCENE. I'm begining to think EMO means different things in differnet areas.

But hear these kids are emotionally disturbed, cut themselves, and think the whole world is against them. JMO

I've been wondering a few things. LE was called around 7p.m., of course they prob went to the friends house to question the residents. I wonder how the grandparents reacted, I wonder if AB was at home at this time, I wonder if possibly they may have realized she was gone too and told LE that she was gone too? I don't know why I wonder this, I guess becaue of what was said earlier about why LE didn't put out the Amber Alert. There had to have been something to immediately tip them off right?

I think so & from what are other (local)posters have alluded to (it seems) LE figured out VERY quickly AB was somehow involved and what happened happened either INSIDE the house (moo) or VERY near it.I think theres a "tipster" who possibly showed LE the purported diary or "writings" or SOMETHING of AB's that they discovered very soon after the murder that either spelled it out or was suspicious enough to be given to LE the minute they came calling.I wouldnt be surprised if the "tipster" was a family member(I read theres another teenager,AB's sibling,also living in the house?A 13 year old?Any confirmation on this?).I also wouldnt be surprised if the rumors about AB being a well known very troubled girl & bully put her on the short "poi" list as well even without the tipster's info(but this is again all MOO!)

This is true. That's why I said in my post that, not everyone fits the bill of what each of these things are supposed to mean.

I don't care if she dressed conservative, like a punk, a rapper, a rocker, etc. Listened to Christian music, rap, rock, punk, etc. I believe she knew better and should have NEVER did what she did.

Just wanted to say that just because someone is considered "emo", doesn't mean they are depressed, dark, or cut. For many, it's just a style or way to dress, or the type of music they listen to.

Please don't generalize.

And Urban Dictionary is by NO means an authority on anything. Very offensive.

Does anyone know if AB went to school on Thursday or Friday? I wonder how she behaved in school if she did go. Maybe that tipped off LE?

Well I my computer is a real mess right now so if someone would want to try to check on KRCG 13 news, I think I heard them say at 6p that Judge Jon Betem (i am not sure on that spelling) has already ruled that the hearing in the morning will be open. I think that just means we will know what the lawyers and judge say. I am sure we will not be able to see the perp. Also, I haven't been able to check out the lawyer. I don't know if he is from here or somewhere else. Sorry no links. Interesting comments from everyone.

Well I my computer is a real mess right now so if someone would want to try to check on KRCG 13 news, I think I heard them say at 6p that Judge Jon Betem (i am not sure on that spelling) has already ruled that the hearing in the morning will be open. I think that just means we will know what the lawyers and judge say. I am sure we will not be able to see the perp. Also, I haven't been able to check out the lawyer. I don't know if he is from here or somewhere else. Sorry no links. Interesting comments from everyone.

Kurt Valentine - Jeff City - former assistant prosecutor I believe - for the suspect.

Samatha Green will be presenting for the juvi office the presentation to keep the suspect in custody.

I understand how sad and stuff it is to hear about a child living under those circumstances and feeling the way she did.

HOWEVER, there are sooooooooooo many programs out there now-a-days to help kids like her and sooooooooo many people out there who are willing to help people like her. I'm guessing that she could have easily reached out to a teacher, counselor, someone and received the help she needed. She did NOT have to resort to killing. I don't care what she was going through, how she was living, etc. She was definitely old enough to know better. And I'm sure she knew that the feelings she was feeling were not normal (i.e., wanting to kill). She should have sought help. JMO

See again here, playing devils advocate, I AM IN NO WAY STANDING UP FOR THIS GIRL. However, to learn, change things etc etc. We are talking about a girl who is already "disturbed" she is supposed to GO find help? Hmmm, I'm mad, depressed, angry, hmmm, let me talk to someone? Who's to say she wasn't embarrassed/ashamed/hurt that she was forced to live with people she doesnt want to and that she already had mental issues that were never addressed. Don't get me wrong, she WILL PAY. I just find it hard in this case to ask "how did it get this far" I am not one to place blame on parents but to expect a 15 year old dealing with what she had to deal with to find her "own help" just disturbs me. She will and should pay for what she did, evil is evil. I'm just saying others need to step up to the plate. I don't know, trying to make sense of such a disaster.

The Twitters ,if I didnt know what happened,wouldnt seem seem extraordinary but knowing shes a murder suspect......wow.No doubt they will be entered as evidence(just as the M.S likely would be).

Oh I hear you. And I know how you feel, where you are coming from, etc. And I agree that it needs to start with the parents. They need to take responsibility and TAKE CARE of their dang kids. Then maybe their kids wouldn't turn out like AB. Yes, with that I agree.

But, I honestly still do believe that she knew better and it should have been clear to her that she could easily seek out a counselor in school to talk to/for help/etc.

See again here, playing devils advocate, I AM IN NO WAY STANDING UP FOR THIS GIRL. However, to learn, change things etc etc. We are talking about a girl who is already "disturbed" she is supposed to GO find help? Hmmm, I'm mad, depressed, angry, hmmm, let me talk to someone? Who's to say she wasn't embarrassed/ashamed/hurt that she was forced to live with people she doesnt want to and that she already had mental issues that were never addressed. Don't get me wrong, she WILL PAY. I just find it hard in this case to ask "how did it get this far" I am not one to place blame on parents but to expect a 15 year old dealing with what she had to deal with to find her "own help" just disturbs me. She will and should pay for what she did, evil is evil. I'm just saying others need to step up to the plate. I don't know, trying to make sense of such a disaster.

So far I haven't heard anything about who wrote the letter. Another thought - maybe a teacher or someone at her house found a letter (suicide/murder note?) that AB wrote and handed it over?

I'm still not sure the teacher/advisor who committed suicide has no bearing on all this. Timing a little too close for comfort.

This article says hearing will be closed...it was written at 2pm though, so maybe it was premature????

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/s...een-accused-killing-9-year-old-missouri-girl/

Judge Jon Beetem decided to close the hearing, which is being held to determine if the 15-year-old suspect should continue to be detained.

She was living with her grandparents. I saw her mention it either on MS or Twitter...can't remember which.

It was twitter, something about grandma making her some eggs.

First we've heard about the diary! This is the first time in a long while that Nancy scooped us on something.

I bet its because Tricia and Mark Klaas are supposed to be in that area, according to what Tricia said a few days ago. Maybe Mark found out some info and shared it with Nancy. He seems to be a regular on her show lately.

Please note that these are ONLY MY OPINIONS, THEORIES and THOUGHTS. Nothing that I have said is based on actual knowledge or fact.

We need a rumor thread sooooooooooooo bad! :(
Are NONE of the Mods able to be bribed??? ;)

Like another poster said I dont care about her name being released just release the info!

Try this...It works on JBean! :crazy:

themaDesMonatsLeitartikelSchokolade.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads