MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. I'm trying to follow the rules. I thought that exact info was already on here buried somewhere.

You did fine. I just wanted to be clear that we aren't going past that middle initial.

:blowkiss:

Hoppy

Do we know what crimes the parents were convicted and how long are their sentences?

Dad-1st degree assault 10 years, 2nd degree assault 7 years, 2nd degree assault 7 years all terms will run concurrently and he will serve 10 years total.

Mom- is on two years unsupervised probation for DWI and two years unsupervised probation for possession of marijuana

Is Mom here, too?

no mom is not currently incarcerated.

ETA: I should have said I did not find mom in any offender searches as being incarcerated.

hope the way I pointed to it was alright. If not I'll redo it. Please let me know....:waitasec:

I didn't see a problem. Though once, a very long time ago, one tiny thing did get past me.....:crazy::crazy: hehehehe

Hoppy
mini-mod
know all, see all parent of three teens :crazy::crazy:

Two things he did tell me were that Elizabeth was well concealed, in that he said he probably walked past the location a couple of times himself, (he is over 6 ft, and the brush was over his head) and that there was sufficient evidence to warrant the 1st degree charge, including a diary.

This is what I heard as well. A rumor has popped up that there was a note given to LE. No matter what, I think its safe to say that AB had written something that supported premeditated murder.

Along with the written evidence, they also found other physical evidence that led them to AB and she then led them to the body.

To the locals, I'm pretty sure you can post what adults in the area have told you about the crime. I think we're just steering away from nasty rumors about 3rd parties- like the rumors about ABs boyfriend, etc. But if you know someone in LE there, that's the same as reporters who publish stories from an "unauthorized source." As long as you're not making it up, I think its fine. (That's why we avoid repeating rumors from anonymous commentators on news sites, since we don't know if they even live in MO!)

From the court records, the mom was evicted from her apartment the month before grandma got custody - not sure where she's living.

This is what I heard as well. A rumor has popped up that there was a note given to LE. No matter what, I think its safe to say that AB had written something that supported premeditated murder.

Along with the written evidence, they also found other physical evidence that led them to AB and she then led them to the body.

Hi Bib and everyone,
Bib iirc you are local to the area. I am wondering if you might know/or direct me to where I might find AB's DOB and place of birth (especially DOB). We need this for the astro thread in order to do a chart on her r/t EO's murder.

Or if anyone might know or be able to sleuth this out it would be greatly appreciated. A look at her chart by our astros here my help find other pertinant info.

Thank you all so very much for any assistance you can give. If anyone can find this info It will be you guys...U the bestesttttt...TIA again....sweets

Luke Valentine is the name of the lawyer in the hearing the other day. He is not a public defender, but that doesn't mean the gps hired him or he is doing pro bono for the juvie hearings.

It's Kurt Valentine, not Luke. Here's his website. Kurt Valentine

State police: Harrington seen during concert with facial injury
Friday, October 30, 2009
<snipped>
State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said investigators didn't disclose the fact earlier because the injury was consistent with what a person would sustain after falling and doesn't appear to be related to her disappearance.

"Many of those we've spoken to during the course of this investigation recalled seeing a minor scrape or cut on the face of the young woman they saw fitting Miss Harrington's description," Geller said. "This injury would be consistent with a slip or fall. In no way would such a minor abrasion be associated with an assault."

See a map documenting the timeline of sightings of Harrington in the hour before she was last seen:
http://www.roanoke.com/datasphere/wb/xp-224154

Article:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/224441
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/10/30/ng.coed.sighting.cnn
Morgan Search Continues
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 6:13 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 30, 2009 6:18 PM EDT
<snipped>
It is day 13 and there is still no sign of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington. Friday her parents came to Charlottesville to get an update on the investigation and to pay tribute to their daughter.

Dan and Gil Harrington say they needed to be here for emotional reasons: to walk the area where Morgan was last seen and to make sure everything that can be done is being done. Living in Roanoke the Harrington&#8217;s say they feel disconnected from the epicenter of all the searching for their daughter.

Video: Hope Continues For Missing Student's Parents
http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4259596&autostart=true

Article:
http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11417263
Search for Morgan Harrington Continues in Charlottesville
There are several new developments in the case of the missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student.
Posted: 6:05 PM Oct 30, 2009
<snipped>
Flowers, poems and other mementos are being left at the Copeley Street Bridge.

Morgan's parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, were in town Friday in an effort to continuously bring attention to their daughter's disappearance.

They hung missing person signs and placed flowers to remind people they are still looking for Morgan, and they won't stop searching.

The Harringtons also put flowers in front of the police station. They are thankful to the efforts of the police and the people who have been calling in tips.

Article:
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/67766332.html

:angel:

I know there were people earlier asking why it appeared someone had longed on to AB's MS page...I'm guessing it was her attorney, just making sure it was clear of anything that could perhaps serve as evidence for the prosecution to maybe prove something about her character...her fixation with violence...etc.
The reason I think this is because, and forgive me if someone has pointed this out already, but all of her "tweets" on Twitter have been erased. Some of them pointed to how troubled she apparently is.
Another reason the tweets could have been deleted is...AB now has over 100 Twitter followers. People are starting to realize who this girl is, and the public gawking at her social networking pages could be bad for her and the case.

1999 would make her 10 years old? Where did you read this?

I believe the member mis-read the inquiry and posted Elizabeth Olten's birthdate which was on her Missing poster as well as in her obituary.

The last I've known of her is Crocker, MO...

Just wondering if you have heard anything about what the grandparents to Jeff City from CA. Is either one or both of the grandparents from Jeff city originally? And were they attending church anywhere?

That sentence was suppose to say "what brought the grandparents to Jeff City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member