MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sentence was suppose to say "what brought the grandparents to Jeff City?

I have not been able to figure that out. Possibly trying to save kids? I wish I knew. They (he) appears to have $... The amount of times they were both married is also curious...

Still searching.
Would a birthdate of Nov 29, 1993 be in the right range for AB?

Yes, it would be the right range.... She would be 15 almost 16 which would explain why I have seen 16 on some sites. Do you know the state of her birth? That would also make her mother 15 at the time of AB's birth. On an earlier thread, one of the sleuths mentioned her mother was married in NV. Good work if you have found it!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2333070/elizabeth_olten_case_15yearold_girl.html?cat=17

The quote is from thw second page of the article. I am really wondering what the extenuating "circumstances are. Any ideas?

The 15-year-old who killed or caused the death of 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten, according to her lawyer, has extenuating "circumstances." Barring the 15-year-old being mentally challenged to the point of not knowing right from wrong, however, it would be difficult to see what kind of
Elizabeth Olten Case: 15-Year-Old Girl Kills 9-Year-Old Girl, Police Suspect
Date: October 28, 2009
St. Martens, MO
United States of America "circumstances" could exist that would not have the judge render the decision to have the girl tried as an adult. That the 15-year-old suspect had the wherewithal to secrete the body in the woods implies mental presence of knowledge of right and wrong, which means that Valentine might be looking toward a non-nurturing environment as a defense for his client.

Just wondering if you have heard anything about what the grandparents to Jeff City from CA. Is either one or both of the grandparents from Jeff city originally? And were they attending church anywhere?

I am fairly sure that they moved to MO within the last five years, and that would coincide with both the mother of AB's eviction that shows up as her first court record, and the gps' custodial hearing for AB and her brothers. I am pretty sure the gf is from CA originally. He has a large family, and an ex-wife in California. I think the gm might be from TX, where she was first married to the bio father of AB's mother. I do not know the gm's maiden name. I do not know the gps' line of work. We do know that they recently built a new house, and I did see a testimonial by the couple on a local home coating and insulation site.

....this case really blows my mind.....I read a lot of posts earlier in the thread where people talked about blaming kids not learning consequences from their parents now which a lot of posters attributed to kids becoming more and more prone to commit violence....it's so sad,I think it's that there are just so many more parents now that did not want there children and just want to be left alone.....even the posters that said their parents spanked them,they knew their parents loved them and wanted the best for them.....I don't believe in spankings ( my dad spanked me once and I'm still mad about that :) )....and I really don't think kids are spoiled now,yes they are spoiled with material things,I live in a low income neighborhood yet every kid has a i-pod,cell phone,tv,laptop and brand name clothes....but there's hardly a kid whose parents have time for them and many kids where its obvious they weren't even wanted and are just a nuisance to the parents.....and it's not just in low income neighborhoods...I work in ahotel in a rich neighborhood and I constantly see kids running around while their parents are at the galas with $100 bills shopping in the gift shop but the parents don't care where they are...it's just sad.I really think even though ab had a lot of material stuff,she knew her mom didn't care what was going on with her.
How are kids that are not cared about supposed to cre about others?

Yes, it would be the right range.... She would be 15 almost 16 which would explain why I have seen 16 on some sites. Do you know the state of her birth? That would also make her mother 15 at the time of AB's birth. On an earlier thread, one of the sleuths mentioned her mother was married in NV. Good work if you have found it!

This birth was in TX, but it is probably not the right one since I don't know her mother's name.

I really think even though ab had a lot of material stuff,she knew her mom didn't care what was going on with her.
How are kids that are not cared about supposed to cre about others?

Thinking this way, PLEASE, explain to me how ANY child that came from foster care or an orphanage ever became a productive member of society?

Yes I will admit that for a portion of her life I am sure she has had parents that didn't give two sh!%s as to where she was at, who she was with, what she was doing, that she had food in her belly, a roof over her head, clothes on her back, or shoes on her feet! BUT people have had WAYYYYY worse backgrounds then AB and they have NOT killed.

Thinking this way, PLEASE, explain to me how ANY child that came from foster care or an orphanage ever became a productive member of society?

Yes I will admit that for a portion of her life I am sure she has had parents that didn't give two sh!%s as to where she was at, who she was with, what she was doing, that she had food in her belly, a roof over her head, clothes on her back, or shoes on her feet! BUT people have had WAYYYYY worse backgrounds then AB and they have NOT killed.

I agree Danni and its why I posted earlier about the "blame the parents" mentality, how its hurt society much more than its helped and how it simply can't account for human behavior.

I was horribly neglected as an infant and have been on my own since I was 14. I've never intentionally hurt anyone in my life and certainly have no desire whatsoever to commit a brutal murder.

I know that kids with challenging backgrounds have it harder but what AB did was not simply an "acting out." It goes way beyond the delinquency level of most neglected and unloved kids. Her parents certainly didn't help - but they are not to blame.

This birth was in TX, but it is probably not the right one since I don't know her mother's name.

A. B. has a parent currently incarcerated for a felony. You can browse to: Search for: Missouri Department of Corrections Offender Search Search by the name Caesar B. to get a better idea of the type of family we are talking about here.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...yearold_girl.html?cat=17&com=2&com=1#comments

Money Girl and all seems like you all are doing a great job researching this. Maybe this tidbit of info can lead u in the right direction. I am not a good sleuth at all so what I do find I will bring here. TYIA for all the assistance..

jmo ..sweets

From the guardianship records (before they were pulled), there were 2 addresses listed for the grandparents house. One 600something, one 200something. I thought it was weird, but I checked the property records and they own 2 parcels of land. One had the house & lake, the other was just land. I believe from reading here the new house was built technically on the other parcel of land so it would have different numbering.

I wonder what bank holds the mortgage to the property. Someone is going to be out big money. I can't see the family moving back in, and no one would ever buy the property with it's history. Would it go into foreclosure?

Do you think the family was told to leave the house? It would seem it's possibly part of a crime scene and LE is probably going through it with a fine tooth comb.

Frankly, from what we've seen with respect to how high feelings in the community are running, LE may have advised them to leave at least temporarily for their own safety, and more so for the other children.

I have been measuring and trying to determine her route as well. I also saw the clearing/path area along the pond. I am torn -don't know the exact area where they found Elizabeth. Do you?

No I don't. That's the prob. :(

I wonder what bank holds the mortgage to the property. Someone is going to be out big money. I can't see the family moving back in, and no one would ever buy the property with it's history. Would it go into foreclosure?

Do you think the family was told to leave the house? It would seem it's possibly part of a crime scene and LE is probably going through it with a fine tooth comb.

I dunno, but this property is valued at over 1/2 mil... In this area? WOW

Have you used google earth to look at the area? It zooms in closer that just google maps. You have to download the program, but it's fun to play around with. It even lets you look at different aspects of the terrain.
http://earth.google.com/intl/en/

In regards to the questions about the grandparents and where they came from. A quick look on Net Detective has a GB and a KB at an address in Hollister, CA. I don't know if it is them for sure but it would be a long shot for two people with the same names and ages as the POI GP's to be married and share an address. It doesn't give the dates or if they owned the property. I am not feeling up to par so haven't looked further. I will later or am willing to pass the info I have along if someone else wants to research it.

In regards to the questions about the grandparents and where they came from. A quick look on Net Detective has a GB and a KB at an address in Hollister, CA. I don't know if it is them for sure but it would be a long shot for two people with the same names and ages as the POI GP's to be married and share an address. It doesn't give the dates or if they owned the property. I am not feeling up to par so haven't looked further. I will later or am willing to pass the info I have along if someone else wants to research it.

I read somewhere on one of the blogger sites that the family came from Hollister (and lived in a couple of other Calif. cities). I remember Hollister because I have a family member who was raised there....

I did find confirmation of it being the same couple as well as GB having a La Jolla address.

I did find confirmation of it being the same couple as well as GB having a La Jolla address.

Yes, that was the other city that I saw listed somewhere. They are quite far from each other. Hollister is near Monterey, which is considered No. Calif (more like central coast, tho) and La Jolla is just north of San Diego.

There have been no court filings about their mortgage, so they have been paying it on time. But I am going to see if I can search the deeds through lexisnexis at work- all mortgages have to be recorded. I've been trying to think of a good reason to do all of these searches (since technically I'm not allowed to), but luckily a case came up where we have to check real property records. I think "to be safe" I should also check to see if our NY client has a...vacation house in Cole County, MO. :angel::angel:

It's 100% the same people in MO and La Jolla AND Hollister, CA.

I searched the MO property tax/transaction records, and GB and KB are listed as owners- along with their DMV information for MO and CA.

GB had a computer company in San Diego, incorporated in 1988. The corporation filing is listed as "suspended" now- which could just mean he didn't re-file, not a "bad" suspension. "Registered Agent" for the company is GB, with a La Jolla address.

Next, GB had a consulting company in Hollister, incorporation filed in 2000. Listed as "dissolved" meaning he totally closed the business. Doesn't say when it was dissolved, but I think I can get that from the CA Secretary of State website. Home address is in Hollister too - seems like the business was run out of the home.

I'm going to pull up the deed to their MO house. Makes me think they moved to MO specifically to watch the kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member