MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Kimster, I noticed one recent comment that claimed the state learned AB was homicidal and suicidal at the time she and her brothers were placed with the grandparents. :eek:

I know we've heard from some of the suspect's friends and acquaintances who claim she was basically a normal but depressed kid, but I think this girl was a time bomb sending up red flags by the truckload.

This is what my feeling is (The BBM part) - I bet if she did not kill now, we would of been reading about her abusing her own children someday if she ever had any.

But I also know from my own experience you can not force a 15 year old to counseling. I could not pick up my son and take him like if he was younger. Thank goodness we stayed on top of things and OJ is doing good now, But at some points in life it was obvious he was depressed. But I felt totally unable to do anything. I talked to LE, dr's etc... but then what?

That's what I'm wondering--about the turtles. Not so much about the networking sites.

I saw the comment and the myspace of the girl who wrote this. I don't understand what the phrase means? I guess it is best I don't know.It is just a weird statement. "I like turtles?"

I saw the comment and the myspace of the girl who wrote this. I don't understand what the phrase means? I guess it is best I don't know.It is just a weird statement. "I like turtles?"

I don't think it means anything. I just wondered if the person that posted that comment on the article was the same person who wrote that exact phrase in the blog.

Wellll what does it mean and what makes it a weird comment? lol, I am slow sometimes!!:waitasec:

I don't think it means anything. I just wondered if the person that posted that comment on the article was the same person who wrote that exact phrase in the blog.

it would be hard to say unless we were LE and could hack into things. The ISP would be what we need.

I just looked at the MS account of her again and she has added and taken away pics. I find it strange for the album of AB she has moved away:( as the title like she left the area. Not sent to juvi. Then in a couple pics she wrote A why did u do it??

She would be a good candidate for counseling. But again how do u force it? :waitasec:

Wellll what does it mean and what makes it a weird comment? lol, I am slow sometimes!!:waitasec:

That is just it....what does it mean? I saw it on 2 MS pages of friends. Go through the one friend that is not private and you will see her friends and I saw it on another one. So what does it mean?

LOL I just asked my 15 yo nephew that is living with us and he has no clue. Looked at me like I was nuts. I said no I just wanted to know if it was a secret lango of teens now.

Aimee the comments on almost all of her pics have been changed in the last day. The stuff before was sad. Now they are scary. The whole feel of her page has changed.

That is just it....what does it mean? I saw it on 2 MS pages of friends. Go through the one friend that is not private and you will see her friends and I saw it on another one. So what does it mean?

LOL I just asked my 15 yo nephew that is living with us and he has no clue. Looked at me like I was nuts. I said no I just wanted to know if it was a secret lango of teens now.

Hmm..I guess it is a "thing": I googled "I like turtles"
I think it started with this: a video of a zombie kid that says "I like turtles"
then it caught on?:
video of celebrities and a guy dressed as zombie kid
found this too:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:I_Like_Turtles/My_Chemical_Romance

Aimee the comments on almost all of her pics have been changed in the last day. The stuff before was sad. Now they are scary. The whole feel of her page has changed.

I agree.

And she is making it public for a reason. She wants others to see. All but 2 of the MS friends of hers and her own (trying to word it LOL Ugh ...meaning her own and one other) were private. She sees the # of times her page is viewed.

I hate how work gets in the way of life! I am lost now lol. Dunno who is saying what and what has changed on their myspaces and facebooks. Guess Ive got some reading to do tonight.

Maybe tomorrow will brings some answers in all these cases!!

Not sure if this has anything to do with the " I Like Turtles".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/29/AR2007072901386.html

But thanks to the Internet, Jonathon Ware is a 10-year-old living in the golden age of inanity, when the most random of utterances is celebrated and memorialized. And so anyone can savor Ware's rendezvous with YouTube destiny, a 17-second masterpiece of comic triviality that has turned him into that most peculiar of media creatures: the viral-video celebrity

It is pretty far down the article where he states " I like Turtles"

could turtles meaning be the shells? So they hide behind the shell?

But yet if your emo does that meaning your emotional? That is what the teens here at my house told me. Goth = blank dark feeling Emo = depressed emotional mess? Is this right?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/29/AR2007072901386.html

But thanks to the Internet, Jonathon Ware is a 10-year-old living in the golden age of inanity, when the most random of utterances is celebrated and memorialized. And so anyone can savor Ware's rendezvous with YouTube destiny, a 17-second masterpiece of comic triviality that has turned him into that most peculiar of media creatures: the viral-video celebrity

Whaha. Funny stuff.

Kids spend hours online looking at random videos online, wouldnt surprise me if this is where they got it.
Nice to know my son which is not much older than this little guy isnt alone in the randomness category. Hes such a dork most of the time.

I bet anything that this is what it is. I guess we are all *losers* to not be a part of the turtle movement. LOL

But I also know from my own experience you can not force a 15 year old to counseling. I could not pick up my son and take him like if he was younger. Thank goodness we stayed on top of things and OJ is doing good now, But at some points in life it was obvious he was depressed. But I felt totally unable to do anything. I talked to LE, dr's etc... but then what?

Aimee, as one mom to another, I'm so glad your persistence paid off. :) I suffered from depression as a teen, and while I managed to get through it without any serious repercussions, I wish there had been more awareness of the problem when I was growing up.

I am looking at them right now as I type this. I mean really, the one has a comment of I just killed (name) and she has blood on her mouth, blood on a key around her neck, blood on her arm/sholder, and if you look close, there is blood on the other hand that is not holding the camera. Then there is the one that says I will slit your motherfu23in throat, and another "imma kill u".

Seriously, what will it take to wake some people up? You'd think the parents of this friend, or any child remotely associated with AB would be checking their kid's cell phone and computer activity like a Homeland Security agent! This isn't just kids being kids - it's sick.

Aimee, as one mom to another, I'm so glad your persistence paid off. :) I suffered from depression as a teen, and while I managed to get through it without any serious repercussions, I wish there had been more awareness of the problem when I was growing up.

I do agree that back in the day (early 80's) - if you mentioned you were depressed it was like being outcast.

OJ had a bad year his 15th and then the beginging of this year he came to me after he broke-up with a girl and told me he needed help because he was feeling that way again. We went to the dr and he was on meds for a short time. Then he started hanging with his buddies like he used to.

I try to keep a open channel between all 3 of my kids. (now all in early 20's) It is hard but yet You have to let them know your there no matter what. If any of my kids did wrong I would be first to say something but yet try to be there for them.

Thanks for your post {{hugs}}

Thanks for the links friends! I've been reading up and was wondering where the "Lighthouse" place is that so many friends list at their school. I'm local and have never heard of it. I think it's worth checking out...

http://lpajc.com/index.htm

There seems something not right here....

"MISSION
Lighthouse Preparatory Academy’s mission is to strengthen families by
partnering with parents to develop witnesses for Christ through academic
excellence and character development."

Umm, why are so many kids from this school her friends? It has to very small....

So, I'm reading that some of you are have been looking at some ms photos and whatnot. I've gone back and reread like the last 4 pages and don't see any hints or clues on how to go about doing this. Since her (AB's) page is private, how are you all able to see her friends' pages and pics? Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member