MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I see where you are going with this. AB could have had E out in the woods and started this whole thing well before 6:15 - if those calls were in fact text messages. That could very well be the case!

SO TRUE, that def makes sense. maybe if the calls were text messages, that could be the other "written evidence" the police have referred to in addition to the "anonymous letter" leading them to AB?

(this is my first time posting so i hope i am doing this right.)

I agree, Bibliophile. I think they already knew there was virtually no chance of stranger abduction, so they were checking locals. I'd say that once AB's family was questioned (and if AB wasn't there it might have been a red flag), they narrowed it down

I think I read or saw something a little more official say that AB played with Elizabeth or was at the house. Maybe AB was acting strange that night and then said she was going to visit a friend or something? Am I breaking the rules writing this? If so, I will delete it. Thanks.

Hi SDW...the gps are 53 and 62. (Both on second or third marriage). The bio mother is 30, and bio father is 35. That means the mother had AB at around 15.

yes, AB was a bossy little 13 year old...with a slightly sadistic side. I still do not see a neglected, or underpriveledged child here.

Her gps had some nice horse property both in CA and MO. I am pretty sure they moved to MO about 5 years ago, and I am somewhat sure they have been involved in their grandchildren's lives since they were born.

Thanks for the info. I wonder what kind of people the GPs were? Easy going with the kids? Did they spoil the kids? Where they involved in the kids activites? Where do they get their money from? Where could they have gone to? The lawyer is hired right? By them? Again where is all the money coming from. They had two homes. Horses/Property Who is caring for the horses while they are away? Did they know the Olten family?

Thanks for the info. I wonder what kind of people the GPs were? Easy going with the kids? Did they spoil the kids? Where they involved in the kids activites? Where do they get their money from? Where could they have gone to? The lawyer is hired right? By them? Again where is all the money coming from. They had two homes. Horses/Property Who is caring for the horses while they are away? Did they know the Olten family?

I think I read on an official report that she was going to revert back to a public defender--that she didn't have money, but yeah--it looks like she had a financially comfortable life.

In looking at the Google map, that looks like a heck of a lot more that 1000 feet between houses.

In looking at the Google map, that looks like a heck of a lot more that 1000 feet between houses.

If you actually map it with the points, it is really only 2/10 of a mile, which is 1056 feet from one drive way to the next.

which 352 yards, only three and a half football fields between the two.

The map is linked just above your post. It shows .2 miles (1,056 feet).

Problem is though, the house she was visiting is not on that map. It's a new house just north of house A that you can only see in Google street view. So it's a little closer than house A on the map.

I've wondered a lot about the specific time that Elizabeth left the friends house. I know it said her Mom called her on the cell and told her she needed to come home. Why the cell? Why not call the friend's house? Was the cell call an actual call or a text message? If she sent Elizabeth a text to come home, and Elizabeth replied, there's no telling for sure that it was Elizabeth or AB that replied back.

See where I'm going with this?

I do see where you are going with this, and I am thinking that AB had a much larger time frame ...for the murder, too.

However, I am not sure I have seen anything published on her Mom calling her and telling her to come home. Does anyone have a link?

I guess I believe this scenario.

Maybe Elizabeth's mother around 7 pm called the cell and got no answer, so she called the gps who told her that they sent Elizabeth home around 6:15.
(I thought I remembered a credible source stating that the gps sent Elizabeth home, as I thought that odd at the time....Why would they have not called Elizabeth's mother to say she was walking home? I can't find it)

Anyway, this scenario would provide hours... I still cannot understand why a 9 year old wants to play with a 6 year old...

Anyone have any links?

The map is linked just above your post. It shows .2 miles (1,056 feet).

Problem is though, the house she was visiting is not on that map. It's a new house just north of house A that you can only see in Google street view. So it's a little closer than house A on the map.

I actually think the new white house is to the West of A on that map. At least the parcel info looks that way - it sits further back from Lomo.

Do Grandparents get money from the state of Missouri to help raise grandchildren that are in Guardian ship?

I do see where you are going with this, and I am thinking that AB had a much larger time frame ...for the murder, too.

However, I am not sure I have seen anything published on her Mom calling her and telling her to come home. Does anyone have a link?

I guess I believe this scenario.

Maybe Elizabeth's mother around 7 pm called the cell and got no answer, so she called the gps who told her that they sent Elizabeth home around 6:15.
(I thought I remembered a credible source stating that the gps sent Elizabeth home, as I thought that odd at the time....Why would they have not called Elizabeth's mother to say she was walking home? I can't find it)

Anyway, this scenario would provide hours... I still cannot understand why a 9 year old wants to play with a 6 year old...

Anyone have any links?

Did anyone see Nancy Grace the last night she covered this? I thought the producer said AB was at the house when E was visiting. And also I thought I read on some of the info they were giving at the time, that Elizabeth left and AB called her back to invite her back.

Elizabeth loved horses. Maybe she was over at the neighbors' house more to see the horses than to play with the 6-year-old girl. I would have done the same thing when I was a horse-crazy kid.

Do Grandparents get money from the state of Missouri to help raise grandchildren that are in Guardian ship?

I don't know that they get money if they get guardianship, but if either grandparent in the home was on Social Security Disability then yes they would have gotten money for the children.

ETA: I just found this.

What is Adoption Subsidy & Subsidized Guardianship?
Subsidy is a collaborative agreement between the Children's Division staff and the adoptive/guardianship family to assist in meeting the needs of the child. Financial, medical and support services may be available to the adopting/guardianship family through subsidy until the child is 18.
Child Eligibility
Children must have been in the custody of the Children's Division, Division of Youth Services, Department of Mental Health, or a licensed child placing agency. This is the minimum requirement, other requirements also apply.

Children who have been adopted internationally are not eligible for adoption subsidy, as well as children adopted by a step-parent.

Guardian Eligibility
Only qualified relatives are eligible to receive subsidized guardianship services for their relative children. By Missouri statute, qualified relatives include grandparents, aunts, uncles, adult siblings and first cousins to the child.

More can be found at: http://www.dss.mo.gov/cd/adopt/masp.htm

Anyone have any links?

Above snipped and bolded by me;
Just throwing in my own experience here - I lived in a neighborhood where we were all very close and all of our kids would play together sun up to sun down. Even the parents would! The kids were ages 1 1/2 to 14 at the time. It was great! My now 9 year old daughter still plays dollies, Barbies and Polly so I'm not surprised that E would play with someone 6 years old at all.

I thought it was odd too that a 9 year old and a 6 year old were friends. But given the area, they might have been the only other kids in the neighborhood. That, plus the horses, the pool and that the boys were friends, it makes sense they would spend time together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan