MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be what was relayed to ILC, but it doesn't mean it is accurate. I bet you dimes to donuts they read it once they got back to the station, but not necessarily at AB's house in front of her family.

I think that was what ILC was saying - they took the diary, did not read it at the house.... my question is if they did read it back at the station - why didn't they then go back to get AB that night, not wait until their meeting the next day? She could have run away or killed herself.

IIRC didnt ILC say that when everything comes out we will see why he(ILC)feels LE hasnt done the best job ? LE is VERY lucky AB is too naive or dumb or too cocky to have tried to run away!

Yes, I do believe he did say that.

I don't understand why they would wait to speak to AB. Elizabeth was still just missing at this point. You would think that there would be a sense of urgency to maybe find her alive. I would think that every minute would count. That confuses me. What am I missing about that?

Unless they had reason to believe that E was already gone...

That could be what was relayed to ILC, but it doesn't mean it is accurate. I bet you dimes to donuts they read it once they got back to the station, but not necessarily at AB's house in front of her family.

I'm thinking someone in that house read it then gave it to LE telling them what was in it.

I also think the grandparents didn't want the minor questioned without an attorney present so they had to wait til the next business day.

And I'm sure LE was watching that house during the night and warned AB not to leave.

I just wonder what it was that made LE want to talk to AB on Thursday morning (before they had the diary). ???

A lot of this explains why they were turning searchers away. They knew the general area to search and knew they didn't need an onslaught of people out there looking.

Well they would have known she was dead once they read the diary, since ILC said AB wrote in it about what she had already done.
Which is why there would have been no urgency... They let her stay home on Thursday--and she led them to the body on Friday.

I just wonder what it was that made LE want to talk to AB on Thursday morning (before they had the diary). ???

I think the fact she skipped school and couldn't be found tipped them off.

So the crime happened Wed night
AB skipped school Thurs
LE got the diary Thurs night
LE met with AB Fri morning
found body just before 3 pm Fri.

AB skipped school Thurs

MAYBE, the school called gparents Thurs morning to say AB was absent. That made gp's suspicious so they looked in AB's room, found and read the diary, and then gave it to LE that night.

AB skipped school Thurs

And, AB wasn't with LE until 10ish. Plenty of time to talk with an attorney and retain them before questioning. Could explain why everything is so hush hush.

MAYBE, the school called gparents Thurs morning to say AB was absent. That made gp's suspicious so they looked in AB's room, found and read the diary, and then gave it to LE that night.

I don't know why but I have a feeling she bolted from that house and the gp's noticed she wasn't getting ready for school.

Wonder why she was hanging around the school and why was the BF hanging around outside with her?

Wonder why she was hanging around the school and why was the BF hanging around outside with her?

Not everyone can skip school. She probably waited for him to get out of school and that's when they found her.

I believe ILC said the counselor found her outside of school thursday. Probably after school let out.

Sorry, but I am skeptical about this latest bit of information. I would not think that Law Enforcement would take what was written in a 15 year old's diary as hard enough evidence to call off a search and wait until the next day to wrap things up. My hinky meter is going off with this one.

No.

LE wanted to talk to AB on thursday, but she couldn't be found, and a school counselor found her outside the school with her bf. Thats when LE suspected something. Then that night the grandparents allowed them in to search and the LE took AB's diary and before they read it they asked to speak with her at 10 on friday morning.

bump bump

Not everyone can skip school. She probably waited for him to get out of school and that's when they found her.

I believe ILC said the counselor found her outside of school thursday. Probably after school let out.

I was thinking she went to the school to see her bf, needed to talk to him - she still didn't have her cell phone maybe.

Just to clarify, my last post was not directed at you, Jules. I was too quick to hit the quote function.

She was probably frantic all day. Didn't know what to do so waited til he got out of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside