MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, this "creative writing" theory was mine based on something a local posted on another board. There is NOTHING corroborating this.
The whole thing about the note, imo, was bad semantics. I never understood if they were HANDED a note DURING the pc, ie from LE with new info....or if they had the note before...iirc, the wording is funny in how it was said.

Mistivon, I agree that this "note" thing has taken on a life of its own. The most important thing to remember is that written evidence was the basis for the first degree murder charge - therefore, it had to be something authored by AB prior to the murder. If another person, juvenile or adult, would have given LE a note simply asking them to question her, it would have not been enough.

In the press conference, LE clearly said that written and physical evidence led them to AB. She then admitted it and led them to the body.

Someone in the home must have found her diary on Thurs and called LE.
My guess is that her not being at school set off the LE's hinky meters, and when the FBI got there later they decided it was enough to want to search her room. I was told she was getting high with her bf instead of being in class, so LE wanted to talk to her when there were no drugs in her system.. But that is just what my friend told me.

I wish I had been a fly in AB's home Thursday night.

My guess is that her not being at school set off the LE's hinky meters, and when the FBI got there later they decided it was enough to want to search her room. I was told she was getting high with her bf instead of being in class, so LE wanted to talk to her when there were no drugs in her system.. But that is just what my friend told me.

Sorry, but I don't understand. They thought she was under the influence of drugs and wanted to wait until the drugs wore off? You'd think they would arrest her for possession or use or whatever, put her in jail, then talking to her when she wasn't twerked out anymore.

If your source is correct, then perhaps LE couldn't believe she did this and that it was just an emo kid's ramblings. I can't believe it either!

Why was there no urgency between this intense search, and then the questioning? That's what I don't get. I'm just thinking if they were that gung-ho on her from right off, then why not question her right then at the station? That's not illegal, esp if one of the grandparents was present.
Why the delay in finding E?

It was my understanding that there were investigators that wanted to question AB and her siblings more thoroughly from the beginning and others who wanted to focus energies on the actual search. Perhaps it was a jurisdictional issue.

Sorry, but I don't understand. They thought she was under the influence of drugs and wanted to wait until the drugs wore off? You'd think they would arrest her for possession or use or whatever, put her in jail, then talking to her when she wasn't twerked out anymore.

LE can't arrest people for being under the influence very easily anymore. Even a MIP (minor in possession) is just a ticket. That's how it is in Oregon, anyway, and it sucks.

If I get the all clear, I will post the initials.

What's the point of posting the initials? Convince me that it's vital to name (by initials) the other one or two adults possibly living in the house.

All the best,

Hoppy

I wonder if we didn't get a visit yesterday from the "Aunt" who lives there, and this male could possibly be her bf or husband. I believe it is possible he was the one to give the letter to LE which led them to AB. If he knew something, or suspected something - it would kind of make sense for him to go to the O house with his cell phone video camera.

Hey, guys!

We don't sleuth each other here at WS. If you do have a legit concern about another poster, let a mod know about it privately. TY!

Hoppy, just up from a 3 1/2 hour nap and feelin' groovy

:woohoo:

I do know a little about LE because I want to be LE at one point, and I'd bet they waited to read the diary until after it was back at headquarters, because they would want to make sure she actually wrote.

Also, my friend wanted to leave friday morning (around 3 am) to come visit me, but couldn't because LE wouldn't let him leave the property, so maybe they were expecting AB to run and were watching for it. The also still had a helicopter overhead and people in the woods at this time (no volunteers though).

There are still lots of posts that contain quotes of ILC's post where he inadvertently named AB.

I don't want to see anyone get a time out, so maybe everyone should go back several pages and check their own posts and do a self-edit before a mod comes in. ILC's post was at #187, so that will give you a starting point.

I'm not trying to be mean, nor am I a mod here, I just would hate to see us lose valuable posters due to not paying attention.

ETA: Sorry, hoppy. I didn't know you were back. Just trying to help out a bit. :)

There are still lots of posts that contain quotes of ILC's post where he inadvertently named AB.

I don't want to see anyone get a time out, so maybe everyone should go back several pages and check their own posts and do a self-edit before a mod comes in. ILC's post was at #187, so that will give you a starting point.

I'm not trying to be mean, nor am I a mod here, I just would hate to see us lose valuable posters due to not paying attention.

Hoppyfrog is a mod! I'm sure she'd love the help with the corrections, tho. I think many did make corrections already. ILC, I know you left for awhile, so please go back and fix them. I know if it were me and I were used to calling someone by name, using initials would be hard to remember to do.

I just wonder what it was that made LE want to talk to AB on Thursday morning (before they had the diary). ???

Maybe they knew her history.

Think about it - doing a records ck of anyone in the immediate area is SOP. They have access to juvenile records.

I made the correction, but it didn't change the people that quoted it. Also, I'm sorry for using the name. It honestly just slipped

I think I just cleaned them all up, but it's not a bad idea for everyone to go back and check.

Hoppy, about to make dinner.....how does meatloaf, baked potatoes and steamed carrots sound?

My understanding is that LE was questioning everyone in the house, because someone might have seen EO, not because they suspected anything, and AB was the only person that wasn't questioned.

I do know a little about LE because I want to be LE at one point, and I'd bet they waited to read the diary until after it was back at headquarters, because they would want to make sure she actually wrote.

Also, my friend wanted to leave friday morning (around 3 am) to come visit me, but couldn't because LE wouldn't let him leave the property, so maybe they were expecting AB to run and were watching for it. The also still had a helicopter overhead and people in the woods at this time (no volunteers though).

If LE would not let your friend leave, that leads me to believe LE did read the diary Thursday night and was watching AB. This is all disturbing. How could they keep your friend from leaving? What if AB had gone further off the deep end that night and killed people in the house. Something still doesn't sit right with me where LE is concerned.

I think I just cleaned them all up, but it's not a bad idea for everyone to go back and check.

Hoppy, about to make dinner.....how does meatloaf, baked potatoes and steamed carrots sound?

YUM! Sounds great!!

We'll be there!!! Get out the leaf to the table!!!

groupwavesmiley.gif

My understanding is that LE was questioning everyone in the house, because someone might have seen EO, not because they suspected anything, and AB was the only person that wasn't questioned.

Did she go missing sooner than Thurs morning (not being in school)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member