MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can narrow the time frame down to somewhere between 12:00-12:45 ish.... near the end of my search time but we were not competely done searching yet.

I remember thinking it was strange that there was no cars and no commotion at the house. It looked like no one was home at all. I remember thinking that the people in that house should have been outside looking, or like many of the other people in the neighborhood, offering refreshments/shelter to the searchers. (It was pouring rain and several people offered to let us dry off in their garages for awhile, or asked if we needed something to drink. We declined all offers and kept searching)

Well it would be my guess, some were trying to find AB as LE was wanting to talk to her and she was no where to be found.

wonder if the GP's had a tractor? We have one and both my of my older children 10 and 13 know how to operate it. they love driving it, mowing, and digging.

I just don't see a 15 yr old girl digging by shovel. It would take forever here.

At one point they had a tractor up for sale. I don't know if they sold it or not.

wonder if the GP's had a tractor? We have one and both my of my older children 10 and 13 know how to operate it. they love driving it, mowing, and digging.

I just don't see a 15 yr old girl digging by shovel. It would take forever here.

It rained A LOT almost the entire month of October. I think all the rainfall set a record for the wettest October on record. The ground was (and is still) very soggy, making it much easier to dig a hole. Also, a tractor would have left deep ruts in the mud.

Well it would be my guess, some were trying to find AB as LE was wanting to talk to her and she was no where to be found.

They very well could have been. For that matter some of them may have been in the woods searching, and I would not have known.

I just remember thinking that it was "strange". All the other nearby houses had commotion and people going in/out. AB's house, which is set back from the road looked quiet and empty. Like it was immune from the searching going on all over the neighborhood.

I just know 100% for sure, without a doubt, that they were NOT physically blocked in the driveway. That just did not happen. The driveway was clear.

I went there wed night to pick up my friend (of my own accord he never asked me to), but I couldn't even get a third of the way into the driveway due to the 2 sheriffs department cars sitting in the driveway, and I saw one other car that clearly was parked directly behind the aunt and her husband making it quite hard (not impossible) to get out without tearing up the yard. I also SAW my friend talking to LE with the grandparents and twins next to him (outside of the house). What they were discussing I have no idea.

Did they let your friend leave with you?

I've been lurking for the past two weeks here and trying to keep up on what's been going on, just to try to make some sort of sense of this crime. I found these comments on Nancy Grace's facebook page from a girl who claimed to be friends with AB. I apologize if this was already posted, but I hadn't seen it yet. These are responses to others who were asking if she knew AB and the bf.

That 15 year old is my friend. I heard that she was drugged by her boyfriend and they both were drunk. He had a part in it. In fact I very much believe he did it.
October 31 at 1:42am

No I think he did it and she helped. I know her and I kinda know her ex and he isnt a good guy. He has always kinda creeped me out. And he was arrested on drug charges because they wanted to get him on something.
October 31 at 11:13am

I know who he is. I never really wanted to get to know him. Something about him creeps me out. I dont know how to explain it. But I heard he got arrested on drug charges. They dont want him running off.
Sun at 3:11pm

I always thought I was being judgemental because he looked like a creep. He looked like a druggie. I kinda felt bad cuz I was judging him. But now I know I was very right. All the kids here are young adults. And A LOT of the kids foot act like it.
Sun at 6:17pm

(I don't understand that last sentence, maybe a typo in there).

If you can sleuth your way over to Nancy Grace's FB, this girl also talks about how hard it's been for her and how some guy ditched her because she had been friends with AB. Just thought it was interesting to hear these theories about the boyfriend from someone local who knew them both.

MsWinter,

Welcome. I am so glad you decided to come out of hiding. No need to be shy we love new people:)

Thank you for the update from Nancy's page. The only problem I have with it is this person writing to Nancy might actually be a 56 year old man named Bubba and not a young person. That's why I take postings from other sites or Facebook with a bit of a grain of salt BUT, you can glean some valuable info sometimes from other postings. It is just so hard to tell.

I am not trying to discourage you at all. I am thrilled you are here with us. Keep on posting because that is what it is about.

I assume the 2 boys and the little sister were the kids.

To follow up on this. If the entire family is going over the Olten's to help out. Wouldn't they wonder where AB was? I understand the aunt was at work and couldn't go. However, this should bring up red flags when AB was not available to go help. It is likely that she wasn't available because she was either on her way back from the woods or cleaning up from the murder. I guess I wouldn's suspect AB if I was her grandparents. But I am sure I would want to know anything she might now about the disappearance (sounds, sights etc.).

From previous thread -
BBM

May I ask how you know this?

Because I saw it, copied a portion and have a cached copy of the page before it was converted to private.

I went there wed night to pick up my friend (of my own accord he never asked me to), but I couldn't even get a third of the way into the driveway due to the 2 sheriffs department cars sitting in the driveway, and I saw one other car that clearly was parked directly behind the aunt and her husband making it quite hard (not impossible) to get out without tearing up the yard. I also SAW my friend talking to LE with the grandparents and twins next to him (outside of the house). What they were discussing I have no idea.

I am not trying to poke holes in your story, but I feel the timeline of events really helps one understand the crime. The aunt was not home when the family went over to the Olten's, but she was home when you arrived. How much later were you there.

Wonder why it is taking so long to decided if they are going to try her as an adult.

In the case of 4yr old Alex (found in the dryer last week) the perp was 14 yrs old been in custody since friday i think. monday or Tuesday they made the decision to try him as an adult. that was in Cali..come on MO get with the program.

that's a really sad case...i read this morning he's been charged with a whole bunch of sexual offenses too..wtf, 14...

ILC,
How are the grandparents doing right now? I am sure they are devastated, but are they angry? Are they making excuses? Are they even able to get out of the bed knowing AB done all of this?
I can't imagine being in their shoes and knowing that being a few doors down, they will have to look at EO's family..

Mister Cookies,
I just want to say that I thank you for coming here and posting what you know. It is very helpful. I am sure you get frustrated answering the same questions over and over.. I am sure it is not easy but we do thank you for being patient and contributing to this discussion!

To follow up on this. If the entire family is going over the Olten's to help out. Wouldn't they wonder where AB was? I understand the aunt was at work and couldn't go. However, this should bring up red flags when AB was not available to go help. It is likely that she wasn't available because she was either on her way back from the woods or cleaning up from the murder. I guess I wouldn's suspect AB if I was her grandparents. But I am sure I would want to know anything she might now about the disappearance (sounds, sights etc.).

I'm wondering where AB was supposed to be. I mean, I know she's a teenager and everything, but she couldn't drive, right? Had a friend or bf picked her up, or was she just "missing" for all that time?

i wonder if by saying she didn't like the first grave if she meant she didn't like where it was at. if she planned this out she had to have "walked" the grid a few times to figure out how long it would take, if other people could see or hear. imo if she sent the lil sister home and she was back in the woods with EO by 6:15, she had maybe 20-30 minutes before people were out looking for EO (i realize LE didn't arrive til 7 but i would hope her parents were knocking on neighbors doors and were in the area before then), at this point she would have either had to have been in the house cleaning up (perhaps going in a back door while the GP were talking on the phone with EO parents) or hiding in the woods way before 7! It would have been difficult for the AB to just "walk" past everyone searching covered in mud and god only knows what else! She had to have had a well thought out plan which just sickens me to the core!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member