MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong passionategray - I looked up the blog and that didn't make sense so I went another direction with my thoughts with it and it did...

WELL- after seeing AB and her friend's sites I started searching for my niece's name...

Holy cow - I was astonished, horrified... I was every word you can think of. I found a secret internet life - Immature ramblings, pics similar to AB's, I couldn't sleep after seeing this stuff. I have "reported" her to my sister who (frown) wasn't nearly as shocked as I. I'm searching for the right way to extend my help.......

MEF, I feel for you. Some options: what is your relationship with your niece? Are you in a place where you can have an honest talk about running across the online stuff and how you are worried and even why? If you're the "cool aunt" this may be a good first step. What about your brother-in-law, if he is around?

We didn't have the internet when I was that age, thank god. But my live-in gma found my diary once and read it (must be said, after I fell asleep on top of it, my bad). My family was disturbed by my writings and tried to intervene. They were right. At the time, I absolutely hated them for "butting in." But I knew they cared, and as many bad choices as I still made, it was sort of an emotional leash. I tested the leash, for sure, I hated them for having a leash... but when I got myself in over my head I knew I could go to them for help, that they cared. Don't hesitate to stick your nose in with your niece!

but when you have a particularly damaged individual who responds to the glorification of killing, of mutilation, who doesn't understand that at the end of the show these guys take off the make-up and go home, that's when the real problems arise.

Well said.

Great advice, ynotdivein. I will stick my nose in when I get an appropriate opportunity. I texted with her tonight to start the process. I'm torn between pressing too much and not pressing enough...it is SO hard to be an adult sometimes, LOL.

I also have a 13 YO son - I make it VERY clear to him that he should have no expectation of privacy when it comes to Internet usage and texting privledges. I think there is a fine line between trusting your kids (he is a great one) and being naive to their creative ways. I'm trying to instill an appropriate amount of fear in him now hoping he will stick to the straight and narrow. :)

(Yikes @ the diary, I bet that was a fun day!)

I wonder how much AB's grandparents knew of her Internet usage?? I SO feel for these families right now...

All I saw when I googled the guy and wordpress was multilevel marketing sites. He slipped through the cracks, unless I really missed something . . .

All I saw when I googled the guy and wordpress was multilevel marketing sites. He slipped through the cracks, unless I really missed something . . .

google wordpress site plus alleged perp's name and look around the results.

I know. It's very scary. I'm glad that my daughter, at 23, is past this phase, but she's pregnant with my grandson, so soon my worries will begin anew.

I have a daughter that is 25 and pregnant with my first grandchild and it is a boy also. when is your daughter due? Congrat......

How exciting! Congrats to both of you!! I can't even imagine what this world will be like for a teenager 15 years from now... ugh.

Thanks! She's due March 5. I can't believe I'm going to be a gma. If y'all knew me, you wouldn't think so either. All my friends are teasing me. But we will be just fine!

Thanks! She's due March 5. I can't believe I'm going to be a gma. If y'all knew me, you wouldn't think so either. All my friends are teasing me. But we will be just fine!

...and I'm sure it will end up being one of the BEST things that has ever "happened" to you!

One thing that is taking so long for them to have the hearing on whether to try her as an adult is they want to make sure they have all of the facts so they don't loose out on trying her. Can someone answer this....IF the judge rules that she has to be tried as a juvenile, is there an appeal or is that verdict finial? Would double jeopordy apply to a hearing?

I do not believe the juvenile judge's order is appealable, whichever way it goes (certified to be tried as an adult or not). It seems there may be very narrow exceptions to this, but generally the matter is left to the discretion of the juvenile judge once he/she has reviewed the matter and held the mandatory hearing.

The certification hearing would not be the kind of proceeding that would result in double jeopardy.

In her blog she mentions being upstairs locked in her room with no intentions of watching the 3 youngest, and that Mom/Gma was fully aware of it (paraphrased). She didn't mention having to watch AB, but alluded to not liking her much (paraphrased).

The reason for mentioning it at all was to show that the children were often unsupervised.

Amanda, this has been discussed in previous threads, this blog that is :) Just an fyi

Mine is due dec 23 what a great Christmas present this will be

Amanda, this has been discussed in previous threads, this blog that is :) Just an fyi

UH, I hate missing all the good stuff. :banghead: Nothing like needy kids to interupt your internet addiction...

(I AM KIDDING)

I think the fact that she could function just fine the next day indicates that there is absolutely no conscience. If she hadn't been caught for this, I am totally convinced that she would have to go on to other kills.

The fact that she said that killing was one of her hobbies I think indicates that she had been killing animals. Like what?

AT any rate, killing animals is a sign of a serial killer. I bet she would love the thrill of not getting caught.

Human, I couldn't agree more! I have experience working with juveniles myself and have a 14 yr. old daughter. I have always told her that I would stand by her side and work with her to fix whatever problems she may experience during the teen yrs...except any form of cruelty to animals. She has known since she was a small child that I consider that sick, twisted and most definitely a deal breaker. She would find herself in a residential psychiatric facility so fast her head would spin. I hate to say that some things are beyond repair, but AFAIK that is a defect (a hole in the soul IMO) that cannot be fixed. There is just no way to deal with a child who has crossed that line IMO. There is absolute truth in the statement that cruelty to animals is a warning sign that you have a serial killer in the making! IMO anyone who has a history of cruelty to animals is a danger to everyone around them. She had no business being left unsupervised with children, even her own siblings.

MY BOLD

Initially when this began there was speculation that she may have been into the "jugalo/juggalette" subculture of ICP (Insane Clown Posse). The most recent picture, IMHO, indicates she may have been. And there are frequent mentions of "wooot wooot," the juggalo call, on AB's pages and those of her friends. I am in no way an expert on this subculture, but I have known kids who identified with it. For most it was just a phase of their alienated adolescence, but a son of a friend of mine who was into it heavily later killed himself. The mom was a very strict parent - not in a good way - and had him taken off to one of those boot camp-like training programs out of the country. He hanged himself years later, not as a (direct) result of that, or of the juggalo scene.

I think that she did identify with the horrorcore music, and the movies, and maybe because she had a bad early upbringing, it contributed to where she now is.

This is yet another persona of AB. As I see more of her internet footprint my theory of multiple personalities seem likely. Here is what I wrote about my theory of that:

1. Depressed- from her web postings and what she was being treated for with meds; cutting
2. sociopath- also from her postings as well as her KNP blog entry; the narcissism may have kept her from killing herself
3 psychopath- the academic report, her writings, most of her writings are from a year to a year and a half ago and they are well written for a girl her age at the time; also the threats of suicide without ever actually attempting

I think that some of the deep dark depression was an defensive mechanism to cover her more sinister thoughts and feelings. She used it so that is what people would focus on. She was being fixed and working on it yet she wasn't getting better.

From the psychological standpoint there is not one diagnosis that fits her. That is why I suspect there may be more than one personality in there. She may have developed them in order to deal with everything she had to as a young child.

We have seen Emo, scene, gothic and juggalo and average teen girl. Which AB is the real one? The different pics and sites I have seen support one of the "styles" but have clues to the others. Unless you are familiar with all the subcultures of today you don't see them. I am not familiar with any of them but as I see and read what others say and research the lifestyle of each group I can see the clues then. There is more going on in that girl that it is going to take a whole team of psychiatrists to figure her out. I am beginning to think that AB will not be fit to stand trial.

She had no business being left unsupervised with children, even her own siblings.

Respectfully snipped

Bingo! And you've hit precisely on the very thing that troubles me most about the reports that AB was treated at a local hospital for suicidal and homicidal ideation prior to her transfer to the custody of the GP. She continued to have unfettered access to the internet, not to mention unsupervised time with her brothers and other children. :eek:

Didn't ILC say that the daycare had ceased operation a few months ago? I wonder if there could be a correlation there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en