MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, I find her a bit sensationalist to be honest.

Maybe one of them was found with a meth pipe. Or had drug paraphernalia on them. Maybe one of them had a needle in his arm. Maybe all of them were drunk, sweating, not wearing appropriate clothing. Maybe evidence they fell asleep with a lit cigarette and had burns on their clothes.
But there is always an investigation as to who supplied the drugs which killed. There was a case in the UK where a woman was found dead, and as you hypothesized above, she really did have a needle in her arm. The 2 men she’d partied with were criminally investigated and charged with homicide.

LE saying they are not investigating this incident as a homicide does not mean they have ruled out homicide. There was apparently no evidence of foul play so they could not charge anyone. LE more than likely waiting on toxicology report to determine if there was criminal liability by another.

Is the person that hosted the party the homeowner then? I though I read he was renting the place.

As I said in my other post, they are allowed to make false statements and do so frequently.
Do you think the police would be so cruel to lie in a case like this? Think of the families who would be hearing that lie. I would think the lies might be saved for other kinds of cases, like when they have someone in custody and questioning them as one example or if they're doing a Mr. Big investigation, those sorts of cases. MOO.

Last edited:
LE saying they are not investigating this incident as a homicide does not mean they have ruled out homicide. There was apparently no evidence of foul play so they could not charge anyone. LE more than likely waiting on toxicology report to determine if there was criminal liability by another.

Is the person that hosted the party the homeowner then? I though I read he was renting the place.

He was a renter

There may have been signs that their deaths were accidental drug toxicity most commonly fentanyl related. Note please, we don't know if any drugs were actually involved, but it's not too wild to consider a fast acting toxic fentanyl-laced drug.

I have read about this foam around the mouth when it's fentanyl or opioids, and wondered if there was any signs of that on the found frozen bodies. There's so many indicators. That, I would think, would be considered not a sign of foul play, and make LE surmise possible drug-related. Just because they said initially that it isn't a Homicide Investigation then, IMO, that could change

All just my own thoughts & MOO.

"In opioid fatalities, there is often a variable amount of foamy fluid about the mouth and/or nose (“foam cone”), resulting from the marked pulmonary edema..."
When some family members were interviewed for articles, at least two of them mentioned that drugs could be a factor. This tells me they suspect drugs could have been involved because they would never say that if they felt certain their loved one did not do drugs. MOO.

Wait, those people in your article were inside a house. Right? Carbon Monoxide happens from a gas leak inside a room, house, or car, but since when can it happen outside? I'm seriously asking why people keep considering that. Is it because you think they were dragged outside? Why didn't the "dragger" die too?
I didn't say it can happen outside; my point is that LE do break in if nobody answers the door. Responding to a request for a welfare check, they wouldn't know there were three dead men in the back yard.

JMO

I've been wanting to ask what I hope nobody thinks are stupid questions about the funerals. Did they actually bury or cremate them already then? I guess the bodies thawed and all the testing was done, and then the remains were released to the families without any CoD conclusion yet? IMO, not having answers yet, and holding a funeral would be somehow harder on the loved ones.

Acceptance is what they're all struggling to reach, but first they need answers and belief in those answers. I guess they may not be willing to believe in the answers from LE. Is there something to the accusations we're hearing about?

The Five or Seven Stages of Grief -- Shock or Disbelief, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Guilt *, Depression *, Acceptance and Hope
Did they actually bury or cremate them already then?

Of course not.

But there is always an investigation as to who supplied the drugs which killed. There was a case in the UK where a woman was found dead, and as you hypothesized above, she really did have a needle in her arm. The 2 men she’d partied with were criminally investigated and charged with homicide.
I think that's true even when the drug is alcohol. But there are very few criminal cases where party hosts are charged if their guests drink to much and the harm comes only to the guest (some states have laws that allow a party host to be charged if their guests harm someone through drunk driving).

One aspect of this case could be that three inebriated men wanted to sober up, so went into the backyard, not realizing the combined effects of severe alcohol intoxication and the cold. People think "cold" will sober them up. Alcohol continues to rise in the bloodstream after initial ingestion.

IMO.

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding of the law is that in the case of accidental death, there would have to be evidence of negligence or reckless action to support even an involuntary manslaughter charge. If someone unknowingly provided bad drugs to his friends and they died from an ingesting it, there would need to be evidence that the individual mislead his friends about what they were taking, had reason to believe that the drugs may be dangerous or abandoned them when they were in distress. Otherwise I'm not sure what he could be charged with.

Is the person that hosted the party the homeowner then? I thought I read he was renting the place.
It’s the residence he was living in so he would be held responsible depending on the circumstances. As I mentioned in a prior post, a woman in the UK overdosed at a party and the 2 guys living in the apartment were criminally charged. It actually struck me as wrong because she was a grown woman and made her own choices.

It’s the residence he was living in so he would be held responsible depending on the circumstances. As I mentioned in a prior post, a woman in the UK overdosed at a party and the 2 guys living in the apartment were criminally charged. It actually struck me as wrong because she was a grown woman and made her own choices.
'Did she overdose on alcohol or something else? I think that's relevant here.

Overdosing on an illicit drug is different (a criminal supplied it, by definition).

I don't think the law has a lot of consideration for criminal drug transactions - a person who is transmitting an illicit drug to someone else is already breaking the law (and the laws are in place for a reason). Saying, for example, that all the fentanyl death people "made their own choices" is a bit of a sidestepping of the issue.

Transferring a deadly illicit substance to someone else should be a crime, IMO. If the woman in your example died from fentanyl - did she really make her own decision? Did she know what it was and could do?

OTOH, if it was alcohol (that is sold broadly and is legal) and she knew that's what it was - yes, she made her own decision.

Too few details for me to know how to frame this.

I didn't say it can happen outside; my point is that LE do break in if nobody answers the door. Responding to a request for a welfare check, they wouldn't know there were three dead men in the back yard.

JMO
But in the Kansas City CO2 case cited, it's been reported friends had called in (presumably to 911 but we don't know that) and said there was “potential” carbon monoxide in the home and so the Fire Dept responded. https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article283129958.html

We don't know if the friends who called in were on the scene or why they said they thought CO2 was in the home. But it seems to me that's not quite the same as police breaking into a home because a woman stated her boyfriend didn't come home after partying in that house & she couldn't reach the party host.
MOO

But why, when liquor is so readily available?
It's just close to pure alcohol (I have no facts right now)
It's easily added to soft drinks, cocktails, punch, etc
It's fun to light on fire
It's illicit in some places, therefore it heightens the mood
Homemade so potential for tainted product

I really don't think it's a pure alcohol related issue, but if it is this would explain it for me.

But in the Kansas City CO2 case cited, it's been reported friends had called in (presumably to 911 but we don't know that) and said there was “potential” carbon monoxide in the home and so the Fire Dept responded. https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article283129958.html

We don't know if the friends who called in were on the scene or why they said they thought CO2 was in the home. But it seems to me that's not quite the same as police breaking into a home because a woman stated her boyfriend didn't come home after partying in that house & she couldn't reach the party host.
MOO
The police did not need to make that decision since the resident came to the door when they knocked, so this information has no relevance to this case.

The police did not need to make that decision since the resident came to the door when they knocked, so this information has no relevance to this case.
The CO2 case is not parallel, I agree. I didn't initially present it. The link I provided was merely to show there likely was probable cause for the Fire Dept to go into that home based on the call specifying concerns over "potential" CO2. But so far as I know, no one ever asked LE for a welfare check in the current case or provided probable cause for LE to enter. And by the time LE was knocking on the door, the deaths were known. MOO.

The CO2 case is not parallel, I agree. I didn't initially present it. The link I provided was merely to show there likely was probable cause for the Fire Dept to go into that home based on the call specifying concerns over "potential" CO2. But so far as I know, no one ever asked LE for a welfare check in the current case or provided probable cause for LE to enter. And by the time LE was knocking on the door, the deaths were known. MOO.
Could this be because they didn’t want a welfare check to lead to finding drugs?

Did they actually bury or cremate them already then?
Of course not.
Well, three obituaries, someone said they had three funerals already, so the questions in my post are valid. Your answer has no basis in facts, nor did you take time to explain your view. Link please.
Here's one I found for Clayton McGeeney--
https://obits.syracuse.com/us/obituaries/kansascity/name/clayton-mcgeeney-obituary?id=54106695

Here's one for David Harrington, a Celebration of Life will be held in February. David Harrington – Northland resident 01.09.2024
meyersfuneralchapel.com
meyersfuneralchapel.com

Third obituary is for Ricky Johnson. Ricky A. Johnson – Riverside, MO 01.09.2024
meyersfuneralchapel.com
meyersfuneralchapel.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads