MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, a VERY good prosecutor may argue that in light of all the deaths from fentanyl contamination in the news etc, that he SHOULD have known there was a risk the drugs could be tainted with fentanyl. That is manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter at leas?? And that is IF there turns out to be an OD and he supplied the drugs. As of now, we don't know that, or anything really. I'm not a lawyer either, just postulating.
It depends on the state. Many states already have fentanyl-related homicide laws in place. It appears that MO currently does not.

While lawmakers approved a version of the legislation this year, it failed when Republican Gov. Mike Parson vetoed a sweeping public safety package in July.

The massive bill, which also included money for those wrongfully convicted and workers compensation for first responders, received support from both parties, but some Democrats and health care professionals question whether new charges for those who sell drugs will help alleviate the problem.

The bill would have made it a felonypunishable by three to ten years in prison to knowingly deliver a controlled substance that’s mixed with another controlled substance if it results in “serious physical injury.” If the delivery of the controlled substance results in death, a person could face ten to thirty years or life in prison — a Class A felony, the most severe felony classification in Missouri.

I was referring to when the 3 were in the back yard where it's easy for people in neighbouring houses to hear night noises, like the original poster pointed out. I wonder if the police spoke to neighbours.
That house has a large lot that backs to a very busy street. I think noise from cars, trucks, snowplows would be much louder than three drunk guys. I would be shocked if LE did NOT talk to the neighbors to at least ask for any security camera videos.

JMO

The 3 men were not outside for 3 days. I consider the guy living there to be a victim.

JMO
I feel so bad for JW, can you imagine losing 3 of your lifelong friends all at once? Then to make matters worse they died at your home and you didn’t know for a couple of days, worse yet being accused of somehow being involved in their deaths.

This is an interesting article.

"The KCPD also added that there were “no specific threats or concerns” to the surrounding community, and characterized the case as a “death investigation.”"

That sentence in particular with "no specific threats or concerns" to the surrounding community stands out to me. This might not be a popular thought, but it makes me think of a pact suicide situation. Why would LE say no specific threats if it was an OD from an illicit drug?

"Johnson, Harrington and McGeeney were three close friends who often posted with each other on their social media before their deaths in early January 2024. Johnson's brother told PEOPLE that he would see Johnson post with Harrington and McGeeney..."

It seems like they did everything together.

Speculation and in my opinion only.

ETA: I was researching about statements made by the police and came across this article:

"There are times when police issue news releases as a result of responding to a call for service and include the phrase, “Foul play not suspected” when someone has died," he explained.

"What this means generally is that the initial investigation indicates that the person that died did not die as a result of the criminal actions of another person, i.e.) another person did not murder/kill the person that has died."

Another line that often appears in police news releases is, "There is no threat to public safety."

It often means that the perp has committed suicide, but police don't like to use that word so it's couched in softer terms.

Last edited:
Asked to Make Welfare Check? Prob. Cause to Force Entry?
We will have to agree to disagree. 4 men MIA for 48 hours with all vehicles and phones at their last known location would seem reasonable that something catastrophic happened.
But I’m sure I’m wrong since the wives, fiancés, parents, etc didn’t report them missing or ask for a welfare check so apparently I’m the only one that assumes horrible things when someone doesn’t show up.
Edit: except the fiancé clearly was concerned 2 days later when she broke into the house.
@iamnotagolem
Respectfully, I have not seen as FACT based on LE's info release --- - if there was a request for welfare check (one or more).
- transcript(s) or audio of call(s).
- what was said on any call(s) asking for welfare check.
Anyone have a link available on ^? TiA.

AFTER bodies were found, MSM reported ~ "4 men MIA for 48 hours with all vehicles and phones at their last known location." ^ post.
Easy enough to presume caller told told dispatcher, who relayed info to LEO on patrol. Maybe, maybe not, IDK.

I realize a call requesting welfare check may have occurred but have missed any MSM on it. Entirely possible I skimmed past.

BTW, a friend told me yrs ago, about her husband, When Harry is 10 min. later than expected getting home, I automatically think something catastrophic happened, something awful.
I get the instant panic reaction.

Last edited:
That scenario doesn't explain why they were outside though? And I don't believe it was cold enough for hypothermia to set in after only being outside for a few minutes. Something prompted them to be outside in the back yard. Did they exit through the front door and then all of them decided to go sleep it off in the back yard? That's a possibility I suppose. Were the keys to someone's car still in the coat left behind inside and they couldn't get into their car? Did it snow before they went into the yard? Footsteps would still be visible to some degree even after a snowstorm. Depressions in/under the snow. I"m sure the police checked that during their initial investigation. MOO.
I agree if they were going outside for a smoke how could hypothermia set in so quickly, there must have been something else involved.

... and also synthetic marijuana. They may have gone out to the backyard to smoke some marijuana before leaving, not wanting to smoke in the house or in one of their cars. If one of the men left his coat in the house, then maybe he planned to go back to get it after they finished in the backyard, or else he was already inebriated from the alcohol consumption and just forgot to grab his coat when he left, not planning to be outside for very long.
I think the existence of the coat inside shows it was a “quick trip outside”, not leaving or hanging out for extended periods.

This might not be a popular thought, but it makes me think of a pact suicide situation. Why would LE say no specific threats if it was an OD from an illicit drug?

Of course we don’t know anything for sure at this point, but IMO this is unlikely.
Not because they wouldn’t do it, since I don’t know them or their thoughts.

Simply because in a suicide, by definition the means of death has to be close at hand.

A gun, a rope, a knife, poison, a pillow or bag to suffocate—whatever it may be, after a suicide of course it would have to fall nearby or be found on the body. Or bodies.

We haven’t heard from LE that any such items were found. I suppose it is possible and therefore LE is saying there’s no threat to the public, but if means of death were found near the bodies, IMO LE would still be investigating whether one turned on the others.

I imagine it would be POSSIBLE for them to take an intentional OD of prescription medication without a pill bottle and just swallow them, but I still think it is unlikely for three middle-aged men to make such a pact.

Last edited:
Timeline question: we know from guy #5's claims that they were all still indoors when he left around midnight.

But what is the source of assuming it was *after 2am* when they went outside?

Was it because a family member said they knew he (one of the three) was still alive at 2am?

What does that mean? Does it mean they texted with or spoke to each other on the phone at 2am? And if that is what it means, we don't know if that took place indoors or outside, do we? Do we know the three didn't have their phones with them once outside?

Last edited:
Timeline question: we know from guy #5's claims that they were all still indoors when he left around midnight.

But what is the source of assuming it was *after 2am* when they went outside?

Was it because a family member said they knew he (one of the three) was still alive at 2am?

What does that mean? Does it mean they texted with or spoke to each other on the phone at 2am? And if that is what it means, we don't know if that took place indoors or outside, do we? Do we know the three didn't have their phones with them once outside?
A family member mentioned they knew it was after 02:00, as well as JW's lawyer stated that timeline at some point also. When the family member mentioned it, I assumed it meant that someone had been in contact with him (text/phone?) to be able to pinpoint the timing.

The families must know the COD. Moo
Missouri requires a death certificate within 5 days and prior to burial.
I'm wondering what the COD is on the death certificates.

A certificate of death for each death which occurs in this state shall be filed with the local registrar, or as otherwise directed by the state registrar, within five days after death and shall be registered if such certificate has been completed and filed pursuant to this section.
[...]
7. If the circumstances suggest that the death was caused by other than natural causes, the medical examiner or coroner shall determine the cause of death and shall, either by signature or an approved electronic process, complete and attest to the accuracy of the medical certification within seventy-two hours after taking charge of the case.
I noticed it said above " if such certificate has been completed and filed pursuant to this section." How do we know it's been completed?

We will have to agree to disagree. 4 men MIA for 48 hours with all vehicles and phones at their last known location would seem reasonable that something catastrophic happened.

But I’m sure I’m wrong since the wives, fiancés, parents, etc didn’t report them missing or ask for a welfare check so apparently I’m the only one that assumes horrible things when someone doesn’t show up.

Edit: except the fiancé clearly was concerned 2 days later when she broke into the house
I'm with you. I'd be concerned the following morning if my loved one couldn't be reached. 2 of these men were fathers. They were employed with steady jobs. They had close family ties. I would have been worried sick.

This is an interesting article.

"The KCPD also added that there were “no specific threats or concerns” to the surrounding community, and characterized the case as a “death investigation.”"

That sentence in particular with "no specific threats or concerns" to the surrounding community stands out to me. This might not be a popular thought, but it makes me think of a pact suicide situation. Why would LE say no specific threats if it was an OD from an illicit drug?

"Johnson, Harrington and McGeeney were three close friends who often posted with each other on their social media before their deaths in early January 2024. Johnson's brother told PEOPLE that he would see Johnson post with Harrington and McGeeney..."

It seems like they did everything together.

Speculation and in my opinion only.

ETA: I was researching about statements made by the police and came across this article:

"There are times when police issue news releases as a result of responding to a call for service and include the phrase, “Foul play not suspected” when someone has died," he explained.

"What this means generally is that the initial investigation indicates that the person that died did not die as a result of the criminal actions of another person, i.e.) another person did not murder/kill the person that has died."

Another line that often appears in police news releases is, "There is no threat to public safety."

It often means that the perp has committed suicide, but police don't like to use that word so it's couched in softer terms.
I get what you're saying that LE might use those terms when there's one deceased person. But I don't think that's what they meant with these 3. jmoo

Neighbors had noticed they hadn't seen her in a while and called police for a welfare check. The police came out and looked around, but said they were not legally able to break down the door, but the fire department could.
A few years ago a friend called the police to do a welfare check on me when my phone and internet weren't working and she couldn't reach me. The police came in through a window, and broke the locking mechanism when they did. I sleep in the daytime with earplugs and white noise, so I hadn't heard them pounding on my door. It's quite startling to be woken by a strange man's voice calling your name from inside your house.

However, an anonymous source close to the 38-year-old HIV scientist's family has revealed that he is 'devastated' that he did not get to say goodbye or go his friend's funerals - and is concerned about unfounded suspicion he believes he is facing.
1706438215381.jpeg
Speaking to The New York Post, Willis' father said he would 'never in a million years' hurt his friends.

When pressed on inconsistencies in Willis' story, notably the fact that one of the bodies did not have a jacket on when apparently leaving his home, despite the icy cold January weather on the night, he said:

'They could've [gone] out there, it was icy and cold that night. I don't know how many cars they came in; there were three of them, and there were only two cars left on the street.

'They could've decided they wanted to go back inside his house for some reason, people leave the house all the time without coats, it doesn't matter how cold it is, so I can't answer to that statement.

'[Jordan] doesn't know what happened to them, and he never saw them again at the point that they were walking towards the front door and leaving his house.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18