MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW never left the house between Sunday and Tuesday … he was sleeping, and he left his bedroom sporadically?

What actual adult does that....
Major hangover?, and if he had ingested a dodgy substance, not recovering as he normally would.
IIRC he worked from home too. ICBW.

JMO maybe the fact that he was inside saved his life. Seems to be the one obvious difference.
MOO

1706443817982.jpeg
The source reportedly said Willis is so “depressed” and he “didn’t even get to say goodbye” to his three “close friends.”

"No one seems to be willing to wait for the results of the toxicology report or wait for any other facts from the police department from a case that is still under investigation to make these speculations,” the source said.

The source also disputed that Willis claimed the three men froze to death on his property.

“What was missing from that story was context. He never once said that his friends froze to death to anyone,” they said.

The source also added that Willis didn’t know his friends were still on his property and needed help that day. Willis’ lawyer previously said that the homeowner had gone to bed and assumed his friends would leave after the game finished.

Last edited:
I recall someone back in the thread mentioning that they may have thought they were dozing off when they were actually drifting of to eternal sleep.

They may have simply been drunk. Maybe they like hung around outside the dude's house to talk or hang out in the cold air to sober up enough to drive. There was a lull in the conversation, then that last guy realized something was wrong and tried to go back in, which is why he was on the porch.

I know many lifelong functional drunks, some of which have already died from it. They don't seem to fully realize they have a problem because they're functional, but they are often in a state where they don't know what's going on.

Just speculating. Like everyone else, I'm eager to find out what happened to the poor guys.

Well, three obituaries, someone said they had three funerals already, so the questions in my post are valid. Your answer has no basis in facts, nor did you take time to explain your view. Link please.
Here's one I found for Clayton McGeeney--
https://obits.syracuse.com/us/obituaries/kansascity/name/clayton-mcgeeney-obituary?id=54106695

Here's one for David Harrington, a Celebration of Life will be held in February. David Harrington – Northland resident 01.09.2024
meyersfuneralchapel.com
meyersfuneralchapel.com

Third obituary is for Ricky Johnson. Ricky A. Johnson – Riverside, MO 01.09.2024
meyersfuneralchapel.com
meyersfuneralchapel.com
People hold these events even when bodies have not been released. They are all saying there will be “a gathering for a celebration of life” rather than a viewing , and this can be done without the release of the body.

I recall in the case of missing mom Shantina Smiley her fiancé held a celebration of life gathering for her when she was still listed as a missing person. To this day she’s never been found.

Last edited:
Homebodies?
JW never left the house between Sunday and Tuesday … he was sleeping, and he left his bedroom sporadically?
@CrimeDawg123
What adult does not leave home for 2 - 3 days?
Not going to try to quantify w number, but lots. Not saying majority.
Numerous posters have said they do that sometimes.I know some ppl who do that.

And for adults who work from home, as JW did at least part time, a higher percentage.

A lot of us. I like my house and all the people and pets I love are here. My husband leaves the house even less. He maybe leaves the house 2 times a week.

Homebodies?

@CrimeDawg123
What adult does not leave home for 2 - 3 days?
Not going to try to quantify w number, but lots. Not saying majority.
Numerous posters have said they do that sometimes.I know some ppl who do that.

And for adults who work from home, as JW did at least part time, a higher percentage.
Yes, I’m one of them. After my beloved dog died, between internet, work from home, and food delivery services I could go literally weeks on end without stepping outside. I finally got a puppy so I would be forced to do 2-3 x daily walks.

I'm currently on day 14 of having not left the house at all. Anything could be going on in my back garden I wouldn't have a clue (goes to check just in case) ;)

Me.

I shop big once a month and only go out for milk, bread in between, and will ever text hubby to stop so I don’t have to leave.

Meanwhile my neighbor will go out just about everyday for this that or the other.

I’m a homebody.

I'm in Canada so even in a well insulated house you will hear people outside especially after midnight. It bothers me that the 3 men were only discovered after 3 days outside near the house?!? The guy living there ?!? What's up with him?
If the timeline is accurate, they were outside for less than 2 days (after midnight on Sun night/Mon morning until around 21:00 (9pm) Tues night = no more than 45 hrs). Still, that's a long time. I believe the guy living there had no reason to believe his three close buddies had died in his back yard. MOO.

Shift workers who need to catch up on their sleep/rest, people who work from home and don't have to commute, people during snowstorms or poor visibility who don't want to risk collisions, people with no children to get to school, hungover people, sick people, homebodies who prefer to stay comfy inside, people who don't enjoy being outside to walk or exercise ...the reasons are endless for people who might stay indoors for 2 days.

They may have simply been drunk. Maybe they like hung around outside the dude's house to talk or hang out in the cold air to sober up enough to drive. There was a lull in the conversation, then that last guy realized something was wrong and tried to go back in, which is why he was on the porch.
I would be interested to know if the man at the porch area was the one with no coat? Maybe he tried to go back to get it when he realized he forgot it. Maybe his car/house keys were in the coat and they were waiting for him to retrieve it. What if they smoked one more "for the road" when they left through the front door, then he realized his coat/keys were still inside the house. Maybe they tried to re-enter though the front door and it did lock, so they went through the back gate (not that hard to do when you're familiar with it) and tried to get back inside the back door, and they all succumbed within minutes. Just speculation. MOO.

Last edited:
Do you think the police would be so cruel to lie in a case like this? Think of the families who would be hearing that lie. I would think the lies might be saved for other kinds of cases, like when they have someone in custody and questioning them as one example or if they're doing a Mr. Big investigation, those sorts of cases. MOO.
@Forest_Wood
Seen from families' viewpoint, LE PUBLICLY downplaying or denying homicide investigation (if false) may seem cruel.

As others have posted, it's not illegal for LE to withhold info re investigation from the public.

What about LE PRIVATELY disclosing info to families? In doing this LE must be cautious, because some ppl are just plain BLABBERMOUTHS & the next thing ya know, the privately disclosed info is all over soc. media & MSM in a NY min.

The moment it's publicly known to be a homicide investigation (and if someone did cause the death), the killer is on heightened alert, to dispose of evidence, to flee, etc. to avoid apprehension & arrest.

OTOH if LE simply says death investigation, the perp may be less wary, so a better chance for LE to arrest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member