MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that these three men were drunk. Drunk people often react and do things differently than sober people in the way of "rational" or non-dangerous thinking. They also wouldn't notice the cold or how cold they actually were like sober people would.

That's why we have laws about not drinking and driving etc.

Intoxication absolutely has the power to "hinder someone's abilities" with ZERO outside influence from other people necessary or required.

One doesn't tend to scream they are dying or make a fuss when one's intoxication levels make it such that they may not even realize that they are slowly freezing to death because they are so drunk they can't even feel it. IMO.
3 men 36 37 and 38 yrs old outside in the cold drunk would probably have been very noisy and neighbors would have heard something especially the first few minutes that they were outside.

Well, they had three funerals already, so my questions are valid. Your answer has no basis in facts, nor did you take time to explain your view. Link please.

Your question was a good one and we do need a link. I assume that once the samples were taken at autopsy, the bodies were released to whatever funerary rituals the families preferred. I'm surprised no one has posted obituaries - maybe that will come later.

Three funerals usually means that three bodies have been released to mortuaries for mortuary action.

IMO

BBM. I know for a fact LE will do it, especially when there are extreme weather conditions. Carbon Monoxide poisoning happens in frigid weather. JMO
I didn't say it can happen outside; my point is that LE do break in if nobody answers the door. Responding to a request for a welfare check, they wouldn't know there were three dead men in the back yard. JMO
See what I mean. You didn't make your point clear that you were talking about a welfare check in your first post. Oh well, now I understand.

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding of the law is that in the case of accidental death, there would have to be evidence of negligence or reckless action to support even an involuntary manslaughter charge. If someone unknowingly provided bad drugs to his friends and they died from an ingesting it, there would need to be evidence that the individual mislead his friends about what they were taking, had reason to believe that the drugs may be dangerous or abandoned them when they were in distress. Otherwise I'm not sure what he could be charged with.
IDK, a VERY good prosecutor may argue that in light of all the deaths from fentanyl contamination in the news etc, that he SHOULD have known there was a risk the drugs could be tainted with fentanyl. That is manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter at leas?? And that is IF there turns out to be an OD and he supplied the drugs. As of now, we don't know that, or anything really. I'm not a lawyer either, just postulating.

... I'm surprised no one has posted obituaries - maybe that will come later....
I believe I did see two of the three obituaries posted way back in another thread. Let's see if I or someone can find them again.

Here's one I found for Clayton McGeeney--

https://obits.syracuse.com/us/obituaries/kansascity/name/clayton-mcgeeney-obituary?id=54106695

Here's one for David Harrington, a Celebration of Life will be held in February.
Third obituary is for Ricky Johnson.

Last edited:
Your question was a good one and we do need a link. I assume that once the samples were taken at autopsy, the bodies were released to whatever funerary rituals the families preferred. I'm surprised no one has posted obituaries - maybe that will come later.

Three funerals usually means that three bodies have been released to mortuaries for mortuary action.

IMO
Maybe they were just celebrations of life rather than funerals. Maybe the bodies weren't released to the families yet but with the certainty of LE to say there is no foul play I presume they were released. That could bite LE in the *advertiser censored* if tox suggests lethal levels of intoxicant, especially if bodies were cremated.

Maybe they were just celebrations of life rather than funerals. Maybe the bodies weren't released to the families yet but with the certainty of LE to say there is no foul play I presume they were released. That could bite LE in the *advertiser censored* if tox suggests lethal levels of intoxicant, especially if bodies were cremated.

I'm sure that the coroner would have the necessary blood and tissue samples before releasing the body for burial.

All three obituaries, please note I am not confirming anything about whether their bodies were buried or cremated or even released to the families yet.

https://obits.syracuse.com/us/obituaries/kansascity/name/clayton-mcgeeney-obituary?id=54106695

Here's one for David Harrington, a Celebration of Life will be held in February.

Possibly. But the evidence wasn't getting any younger nor would aging cadavers provide a better metric for toxicology.

According to family members, the bodies were frozen (this is good for toxicology). They were taken to autopsy and as far as LE knows, no evidence of foul play has yet emerged. LE is not required to follow bodies around for years, taking more samples - the ME does this upon initial autopsy and the results come in.

Lethal levels of intoxicants? Possibly - the most likely being alcohol. I don't see how burial or cremation is going to bite LE in the *advertiser censored*. They have done what is expected by law and protocol. No one expects LE to follow bodies around and try to ban funeral arrangements (the opposite).

If what you mean is that a robust criminal case could have been based on...which intoxicant it is? Well, that data is already away at the lab. No further LE work on determining the cause of death can be done. LE do not determine cause of death - that's the ME.

If it turns out there was fentanyl in the mix, how does that necessitate that the bodies not be buried/cremated? It is what it is. Holding onto the bodies isn't going to do much for the case. Sure, the defense can say there was no fentanyl, but most modern juries are going to listen to the ME as an expert. As they should. If juries don't want to do this, then families are going to have to wait years for burials. I think it's only honorable and kind for the ME (part of LE) to release the bodies to the families after standard autopsy procedures are followed.

IMO.

All three obituaries:

Here's one I found for Clayton--

Clayton's shows that a funeral home/mortuary has been engaged, but whether this is a bodyless procedure (which I doubt) we don't know. Usually a funeral home has legal release of the dead, once ME is done with their work (which is no easy work).

True, I do think there would be reminisce, paraphernalia that could quickly be tested. "Something" at the scene lead this investigation to 100% exclude homicide.

I know several of our LE have "drops" and test strips available, and use to test incidents in our schools, quickly. Moo

Moo ...
if they were so frozen that they had to be thawed before an autopsy...they would be very difficult to get blood from. I have had to draw blood from deceased patients and it is very difficult when they are deceased...never mind when they are frozen and hypothermic

All three obituaries, please note I am not confirming anything about whether their bodies were buried or cremated or even released to the families yet.

I hate when the wrong info gets assumed then spreads, so I want to clarify the situation. Someone mistakenly said all three were buried, but please take note that all three obituaries say the services are a "Celebration of Life", so it's quite possible not burials yet. Whether the bodies have been released to the Families is unknown.

3 men 36 37 and 38 yrs old outside in the cold drunk would probably have been very noisy and neighbors would have heard something especially the first few minutes that they were outside.
That's a very good point you make. I wonder if the neighbours heard anything, saw anything, smelled anything? It was in the middle of the night after all. Even light noise travels loudly in quiet surroundings when people are trying to sleep. MOO.
ETA: Well, as far as we know, it was after 02:00 on a Sunday night/Monday morning that they were out back.

Last edited:
That's a very good point you make. I wonder if the neighbours heard anything, saw anything, smelled anything? It was in the middle of the night after all. Even light noise travels loudly in quiet surroundings when people are trying to sleep. MOO.
ETA: Well, as far as we know, it was after 02:00 on a Sunday night/Monday morning that they were out back.
That house looks very well insulated. Kansas City can have extreme winter weather, so I doubt next-door neighbors heard anything. They may also have been celebrating the Chiefs win.

JMO

That house looks very well insulated. Kansas City can have extreme winter weather, so I doubt next-door neighbors heard anything. They may also have been celebrating the Chiefs win.

JMO
I'm in Canada so even in a well insulated house you will hear people outside especially after midnight. It bothers me that the 3 men were only discovered after 3 days outside near the house?!? The guy living there ?!? What's up with him?

I'm in Canada so even in a well insulated house you will hear people outside especially after midnight. It bothers me that the 3 men were only discovered after 3 days outside near the house?!? The guy living there ?!? What's up with him?
The 3 men were not outside for 3 days. I consider the guy living there to be a victim.

JMO

JMO
I was referring to when the 3 were in the back yard where it's easy for people in neighbouring houses to hear night noises, like the original poster pointed out. I wonder if the police spoke to neighbours.

I did read in MSM that at least one of the deceased was cremated. I will try to find the article and post the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18