MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not seen this article. It's about what the three men did for a living. Learned some new facts. Posting it here for anyone else who hasn't read it. I think about their families and know it must be very hard to accept losing their loved ones.

Updated on January 29, 2024 12:12PM EST

Newsweek is on it... inquiring minds want to know!

“On Thursday, Newsweek sought email comment from IAVI about Willis' employment status.”

According to this article, Willis' attorney says that Willis has taken a leave of absence from his job. I wonder if Newsweek will get much of a response from their email to Willis' employer. I would think that they would not comment on human resources issues like medical leave, etc.

So for that role, they don't have to take a program of study in order to learn about medications and such? I just did a search online and it says a 2-3 year college program is necessary for it. So, I'm not sure. I assume they don't just hire anybody for the role. That would be scary. MOO.

"Pharmacy technicians usually require a two-year pharmacy technician college program or completion of a two- to three-year college program in pharmaceutics and supervised practical training. Completion of the Pharmacy Examining Board certification exams is required for pharmacy technicians."
I think an online college program is sufficient for certification. Many years ago, there was a death here because a pharmacist mistakenly provided the wrong drug.

The pharmacy tech certification program is to prevent such deaths from happening.

JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to opinion stated as fact>

It seems phone records could be extremely beneficial here. My phone knows how long I sleep, what times I scroll, what times I walk etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can they not narrow it down? How large a TOD window would you think?

I think it's going to be difficult because thawing out dead bodies takes time. It's a fine line to thaw but at the same time allay decomposition. The size of the individuals would be a factor as well. The largest of the three men might be able to give an indication since it's possible his body, due to its size, did not reach the ambient temperature of the environment. When bodies are found in freezers narrowing down time of death become problematic. It must have been very difficult removing the bodies. It's hard moving bodies that are in complete rigor so moving a 200+ pound plus person frozen in a sitting position would be hard.

I think an online college program is sufficient for certification. Many years ago, there was a death here because a pharmacist mistakenly provided the wrong drug.

The pharmacy tech certification program is to prevent such deaths from happening.

JMO

All the pharmacists that we have gone to have PhDs. A pharmacy tech just needs a high school degree in our state and to pass a state exam after one year of on the job training or after earning a community college certificate from a program that prepares pharm techs.

I think the guys in the yard might be an indication of time. Did they look like they fell down or laid down. Laying down might indicate they had a minute when they knew they were not okay and didn't want to fall down (it would be a desperate move). Falling down would mean they had no time to do anything at all.

Exactly. The Chiefs game was the late game, begiinning at 7:00 pm Central time. The Brown/Texans game began 3.5 hours earlier. Most football fans start drinking at or before the first game, so add 4-5 hours drinking before the KC game even started. So, after 4 hours of drinking, these guys show up for this game with 30 more beers each.
That weekend the Chiefs played at 3:30. They were the late game the next weekend, against the Dolphins. Not to say they didn't drink before hand still. Just clarifying.

Last edited:
All the pharmacists that we have gone to have PhDs. A pharmacy tech just needs a high school degree in our state and to pass a state exam after one year of on the job training or after earning a community college certificate from a program that prepares pharm techs.
My reference is to the Pharmacy TECH license. My SIL was a pharmacy tech at Costco when he was in college. He moved on after graduation.

No one has suggested that the victim or JW was a pharmacist with a PhD.

I truly hope that all this speculation about the host and the victims subsides.

JMO

Agreed about the victim in the chair. They were overcome quickly, and couldn't manage to make their way back into the house. They froze to death where they collapsed/sat. JW survived because he didn't go outside, and he is very lucky to be alive. IMO.
Which would be a great reason to count your blessings and realize you need rehab. I'm leaning more and more toward this being a very sad circumstance, and hopefully JW will have this wake up call to stop using because he lost his friends, and it easily could have been him.

• JANUARY 8, 12:30 A.M. Willis goes to bed while the three friends are still at his home, according to Picerno.
  • JANUARY 9, 9 A.M. McGeeney's fiancée, April Mahoney, and Johnson's mother, Norma Chester, both text Weamer-Lee to ask if he knows the whereabouts of the three friends, according to Talge. Weamer-Lee then texts Willis but does not get a response, says Talge.
  • JANUARY 9, 7:00 P.M. Dakota La Tier, a close friend of the men, bangs on the door at Willis' home for 20 minutes but gets no response, according to his wife, Kaylee.
RSBM
Now, what bothers me is the gap between very late Sunday night/ Monday morning on January 7/8 and the fiancee and Johnson's mother reaching out to Weamer-Lee, over 24 hours later, on Tuesday.

I assume that the fiancee/mother/ and Harrington's loved ones would have noticed they didn't come home Sunday night/Monday morning. Why were there absolutely no calls to the police within this time? Let's assume the earliest a family member or loved one noticed they were missing was Monday morning January 8th, Maybe they assumed they had missed them and they had gone to work? Maybe they were used to not seeing them in the morning because of schedules. So it gets to dinner time on Monday, and they are not home. If not noticed missing in the morning, they would be missing at dinner, phone calls to them start, either morning or evening, no answer, so calls to immediate family and close friends. No one has seen them.
So they do nothing for the next 12 to 18 hours, nothing as in, they don't call the police. Did the three men's families talk to each other at this time? Why did no one call the police?
9. AM, the NEXT morning, the fiancee and mother contact Weamer-Lee. He gets no answer from Jordan. Does he try calling the three missing guys? Does he go over to check?
Not until another 10 hours later does someone attempt to knock on the door.
Two hours later, the fiancee does the same, and we know the rest.
In all that time, no one, not one friend or family member, calls the police to report them missing.

Why not?
This is what is bothering me

ETA: Thank you so much for the time line

Many years ago I was an oral surgery assistant. We put kids to sleep daily with a concoction of versed, propofol and fentanyl. This was back from 2002-2008. Fentanyl wasn’t available on the streets like it is now. It’s actually a safe drug when used properly. It’s the synthetic crap that’s being made that’s killing people. :(
I was in a serious accident about 15 years ago, and I was given fentanyl for pain relief quite rapidly. It is a beneficial drug that has been so abused. Also, I've had narcotics for various surgeries over the years, and I still remember how much stronger that one doctor administered dose of fentanyl felt. It was instantaneous. I've never experienced anything like that besides full on anesthesia.

Yes, i remember someone (maybe you) saying that now that you mention it.

So, maybe no one involved in this situation has a pharmacy technician license. But, even if they all did, if none of them were working as one then they would not have any access to drugs. Even if they were, they could not use that to order drugs. So, it's kind of irrelevant.

JW is is well educated, but he's not a pharmacist. I doubt he has any particular access to drugs because i don't see how that would apply to his job.

ETA: i think TMZ was just trying to get clicks by building a weird narrative for idk why.
It's hard to say if they could gain access to drugs in that role. I knew a woman who worked as a pharmacy assistant who was in treatment. She used to feed her addiction by surreptitiously stealing medications from patient's prescriptions. There are ways for them to conceal the thefts. I understand it's common in certain fields (pharmacy, nursing, anywhere there is access to drugs) to be able to get away with doing things like that -- until they get caught of course. Certain people even seek out those roles for that reason. When it was reported that one of these men was getting his licence, this is what came to mind. MOO.

I think a lot of people think that, with adults, you have to wait a certain amount of time to report them missing. Especially if the people missing them don't have a particular reason for immediate concern (the person wasn't acting suicidal, they seemed to be in their right mind, they don't have a stalker, they are not missing medication they might need to take frequently).

These guys all seemed pretty normal by all accounts, they didn't have stalkers afawk (but probably not), idk know about medications but I doubt that applies. They were last known to be at JW's. I have a feeling that he let people crash there sometimes. I think it was when no one could get in touch with him or them they started to worry.

Idk why they didn't call the police then, but maybe they just really hoped everyone was sleeping it off. Because it's really hard imagine someone could just... Die. Let alone three people. Since no one could get touch with JW, four people.

Very few pharmacists get Ph.D.'s unless they plan to go into academia, or very specialized research. The Pharm.D. degree, which takes 6 to 8 years to obtain, has been the standard degree since around the year 2000.

I have a B.Sc.Pharm. that I earned in 1994. 30 years, woo hoo! And no longer useful, because it labels me as an older employee who won't put up with the crap they pile on younger people.

I think a lot of people think that, with adults, you have to wait a certain amount of time to report them missing. Especially if the people missing them don't have a particular reason for immediate concern (the person wasn't acting suicidal, they seemed to be in their right mind, they don't have a stalker, they are not missing medication they might need to take frequently).

These guys all seemed pretty normal by all accounts, they didn't have stalkers afawk (but probably not), idk know about medications but I doubt that applies. They were last known to be at JW's. I have a feeling that he let people crash there sometimes. I think it was when no one could get in touch with him or them they started to worry.

Idk why they didn't call the police then, but maybe they just really hoped everyone was sleeping it off. Because it's really hard imagine someone could just... Die. Let alone three people. Since no one could get touch with JW, four people.
I agree, and I feel like if my friend or family was "missing" but so were the 2 other people I knew they were with thar I also knew to be their good friends, I'd assume there has to be a reasonable explanation all 3 are missing, and that they are safe because it'd be so rare for 3 people to all meet an ill fate on a random Sunday in a suburban setting like this. I think I'd give it a fair amount of time before I'd think I need police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member