MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DailyMail.com broke it to the heartbroken father that it was his son who was discovered first – by McGeeney's desperate fiancée April Mahoney, 34, who broke into the property just before 10pm that Tuesday night.

'I didn't even know that,' he said. 'Maybe David was trying to get back into the house. Maybe something had happened and that's why he was on the porch.'

I think it's most likely that Ricky and Clayton collapsed where they stood, whilst David just happened to be seated and slumped unconscious in his chair.

I'd be surprised if any of them made much of an attempt to get help.

I'm still not clear on why dealers would put fentanyl in any other drug - is it to make the other drug more potent thereby having to use less of the more expensive drug?
They "cut" their supply with the added drug to increase the amount they have to sell. In the past, it was common to use things like baby laxative, corn starch, even aspirin. They aren't trying to enhance the effect of the drugs, they are trying to increase their profit.

Imagine you have a pound of 100% pure cocaine. Let's say it's worth $1000. If you mix in a pound of fentanyl or any other substance that looks like cocaine, you now have two pounds of drugs you can sell as cocaine for $2000.

You sell your two pounds of cut/diluted cocaine to a guy who repeats the process, so he can in turn make a profit.

The little guy who is buying a gram for recreational use is getting cocaine mixed with whatever was used up the line to cut the product for increased profit. That user may wind up snorting something that's been stepped on so much that they get no effect at all, or they may wind up getting the batch that was cut with fentanyl.

MOO.

I think it's most likely that Ricky and Clayton collapsed where they stood, whilst David just happened to be seated and slumped unconscious in his chair.

I'd be surprised if any of them made much of an attempt to get help.
The question is.....Either he sat himself in the chair or someone placed him there.

Once again hypothermia is a time driven process. When you are somewhat coherent you will seek
heat or shelter. Him in the chair could be him trying to seek shelter. In stage 3 Hypothermia you falculties
are about gone. It could have been a "hot day" in his state of mind.

The question is.....Either he sat himself in the chair or someone placed him there.

Once again hypothermia is a time driven process. When you are somewhat coherent you will seek
heat or shelter. Him in the chair could be him trying to seek shelter. In stage 3 Hypothermia you falculties
bingo.

I don't believe he collapsed because of hypothermia. I think it more likely that all three ingested the cocaine/fentanyl at the same time and went out the door one after another. Harrington was the last one out, drug was kicking in and he sat in the chair. The other two men were ahead of him, and they collapsed onto the ground.

JMO

**********************POST OF THE DAY *******************************
********************@Curiousobserver ********************************

.... dozens upon dozens of preparers across an area like KC, all making a few batches a week, all with different equipment and methods and levels of skill. Every single batch you buy is highly variable....

Lacing batches of Coke is done by street level criminals who were not in the top of their math or chemistry classes.

,...-never mind that the input ingredients also vary in potency as well so 1 oz of this one one days isn't the same as 1 oz the next day...
snipped for focus @Curiousobserver

You're right.
It's not Mensa members or candidates compounding these products.

I don't believe he collapsed because of hypothermia. I think it more likely that all three ingested the cocaine/fentanyl at the same time and went out the door one after another. Harrington was the last one out, drug was kicking in and he sat in the chair. The other two men were ahead of him, and they collapsed onto the ground.

JMO
So they ingested the cocaine, walked out the back sliding door. Two walked further toward the backyard One sat down in the chair and passed out.
Harrington being the last one shut the sliding door and sat down in the chair and passed out.

Is this before or after they walked out the front door? as JW stated.....

That's what I think too. They weren't done partying. I just want to know why the deadly drugs showed up so late or how it came to be they were able to do some without succumbing to the toxicity earlier? I realize there's no way we can know at this time.
My take and my opinions only. I agree with Curious. In my experience, as an avid sports fan, over the age of 50 and one who went to hundreds of parties and sports bars to watch football with the guys and gals over the past 35 years, including living with other guys in "man caves" - many tv's all over the place:

These gentlemen were "professional Kansas City Chiefs football watchers" and partiers. They had very normal habits that they had repeated for years. Every picture shows them together wearing their team's football jerseys. Their families knew about this. Their wives/fiances/parents were so used to them doing this, and being wasted and not coming home on Sunday night game nights, that they were not looked for when they did not show up for work the next day (Monday) for 2 days. They had done this before.

They all decide where they are going to go before each game and come prepared with beers, cocktails, weed, etc. But when coke comes out, it is a big deal. Guys like this (we and my friends) don't "save" coke. They were drinking and watching games for 10 hours at least. They were comfortable in the house with their friends. They had done this many times before.

My feeling is the tainted coke came to the party after the games ended. That would have been around 10:30 pm at the earliest. Either the renter or the 5th man mixed it up, brought it out, delivered it or they had it delivered to them. That's who LE is looking at. JW, the 5th man or someone we do not know are the keys to who supplied it. And they are in trouble with the law.

JW going into rehab with a (my words) contrived, legally/family written statement along the lines of "he's going into rehab immediately in order to deal with his issue head on - an enormous, heartbreaking wake-up call' - that he needed to seek professional help is a sympathy play and an attempt at avoidance.

I also think he had 2 days to try to clean stuff up in his place, was probably hoping some of the drugs in his body would wear off, he could have tried to move the bodies/flushed drugs down the toilet/gone to the dump to dispose of evidence, etc.

The truth will out pretty quickly. In my mind there is no chance that the drugs that killed these 3 guys were there with them all day. It arrived sometime around midnight or later and they snorted it right away and it knocked them silly/killed them in a few seconds.

Last edited:
So they ingested the cocaine, walked out the back sliding door. Two walked further toward the backyard One sat down in the chair and passed out.
Harrington being the last one shut the sliding door and sat down in the chair and passed out.

I think at least one of the three men walked out the front door with #5...and then he came back inside. By then JW was on the couch and too wasted to notice.

The three men then ingested the cocaine/fentanyl and left thru the back door to head to their cars. The two men found in the yard may have been headed to the same car.

JMO

JW's tox report is important, because if it can be proven he ingested the same substances as his three friends it increases the likelihood that his story is true.

Being off his face for two days wouldn't be surprising with that kind of drug combination.
I imagine he probably had something (alcohol or pot) in his system but if the deceased had three times the level of fentanyl to kill then likely JW didn’t participate in that or he too would probably be dead.
JMO

Yes, Inobu. I agree.

BBM. The 5th guy also came toward the end of the game or after it was over, didn't he?

The other four men watched the game, and all had been drinking heavily for hours. Does cocaine help with alertness in any way? Those three guys had to drive home, and DUI is still very illegal.

JMO

They ALL came after the game was over, according to everything I'm reading. The 3 friends arrived just after the game was over (time for celebration!) Then the fifth guy came over somewhat later.

Cocaine *does* help with alertness/acuity. My first study of the drug was among surgical residents and surgeons at a major hospital (and I have interviewed other doctors who specialize in the treatment of cocaine-addicted doctors). Indeed, many of these doctors continued to use under supervision of other doctors (cocaine is, after all, a prescribable drug). It's schedule II.

I don't think the four men watched the game together (they may have watched segments of it that were recorded, of course). I've known many people at parties where they did a bump right before going out the door to drive, actually.

If your theory is right, then the men probably didn't know their coke was laced with fentanyl (in which case it is indeed question about who brought it, when it began to be used, etc - maybe they did several lines of coke at around midnight - and it was laced with tiny amounts of fentanyl - either through cross-contamination by drug dealers packaging and weighing or for some other purpose).

So many weird things to think about - but fentanyl is definitely a major death-dealer in the US.

I imagine he probably had something (alcohol or pot) in his system but if the deceased had three times the level of fentanyl to kill then likely JW didn’t participate in that or he too would probably be dead.
JMO

You may be correct, but it could also depend on their level of tolerance; i.e. how much and how often they took the drug.

The typical "fatal dose" is usually based on people who don't have a built-up tolerance. There have been many overdose deaths where the person had been clean for a while, then went back to taking the dose they used to take and OD'd because their body was no longer used to it.

JMO
BBM. That's the logical conclusion. JW talked to LE without an attorney present, and he let LE search his house. I think JW provided the cannabis, perhaps it was in the form of edibles he purchased it at a dispensary, and it could be the reason he didn't want his beloved dogs in the home. It can be toxic.

Talking to LE is likely how LE discovered #5 guy was there. #5 not only retained a criminal lawyer; the lawyer immediately tried to publicly contradict JW's attorney with the nonsense about the dogs being present.

JMO

For the first time, recreational drugs have made the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Animal Poison Control Center's (APCC) annual list of top toxins for pets. These drugs include marijuana-based substances, hallucinogenic mushrooms, and cocaine, which took the tenth spot on the list.

A Good read.......Look for inconsistencies in statements

There is a statement made where the 3 were "alive" verses "totally wasted". "Alive" is a non descriptive
state especially when someone's cognizant state is at question. Based on what is being assumed (accidental
over dose) "totally wasted" is the more descriptive (last time I saw them) state.

There is mention of purchasing tickets for the next game.....

Remember Money is typically a motive.......
Tickets are the results of spending money.......

Sun Jan 7 KC @ LAC
Sat Jan 13 Miami @ KC
Tickets are the path to money.
Drugs are the path to money.

If there were plans to go to the SB that trip would require a lot of money.

Backpack and wallet mentioned but no money.......what was in the backpack?

5 in 2 out..........There's more to it......
This article was published on 1/31, the day before the tox results were reported. Also, playoff tickets are much, much cheaper than Super Bowl tickets, usually a few hundred dollars. The Wild Card game tickets weren't even available to purchase at the time.

Moo..way back when i waitressed at bars, i used to do coke, but i always smoked it. Which i presume these guys did. Just a wake up hit before driving home. It is possible they bought their own supply just for that reason, it does sober you up if you have been drinking alot...moo
When you smoked the coke, did you sprinkle it atop a joint? Just curious. I know you can inject it as well. I believe most simply snort it, the way they do heroin (which can also be smoked and injected). Thank you for your insight as to probably use by the deceased at this party and house, and for your sincere candor. Much appreciated. .

Agreed. LE will find out who purchased the cocaine and what the night's plan was. I suspect all 4 (maybe 5?) men willingly partook without knowing exactly what they were consuming.
Absolutely great suspicion. Most probable answer. Many people will take what a friend offers without hesitation. I’ve seen it too many times to count. Does anyone remember Karen Ann Quinlan? Yeah. Drugs provided or slipped into a beverage can have devastating and deadly consequences. Yet, people still take them willingly and happily. People will party this weekend, some will unknowingly take a f-laced substance and not live to see the next morning. Sadly, tragically, a present day fact of life.

JMO
I agree. It seems to hit like a bullet severing the spinal cord. It’s almost instantaneous when it hits the nervous system. Hopefully they were not in pain and were unaware of what was occurring. Senseless loss of life. Very sad and tragic on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk