MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO - I agree & the idea that the other three men went out in the back yard to use a particular drug & the person who lived in the home was completely unaware of this doesn’t even pass the sniff test with me. I think they were all using drugs, I think the homeowner possibly supplied the drugs & perhaps had a higher tolerance & passed out. I, however, do not believe for a single second that JW was unaware that there were 3 x dead bodies at his house, I think he woke up after the drug binge & when he became aware of the dead bodies, he didn’t know what to do & decided to ignore the problem (aswell as all the calls & messages from people looking for those three men) & hope someone else would come looking for them & find them - Funnily enough, that appears to be exactly what happened. <modsnip: Direct accusation against someone not officially named by LE as POI/suspect>. MOO
It makes no sense at all to me why you would leave your 3 friends dead in the back yard For days. What possible advantage would that give JW? Especially compared to loading them up in one of the cars and taking it all to a remote area and abandoning them there to make it look like they had left to do drugs and died on the scene?

MOO

Because lawyers can allege anything in a civil lawsuit, and get it bogged down in subpeonas, and court delays, and media coverage, so that the homeowners and their insurance company will settle to save court costs and get it over with.
That isn't the way it works. If they want to go after insurance money, they have to state a good case. Insurance companies don't just pay nuisance money anymore.

IMO - I agree & the idea that the other three men went out in the back yard to use a particular drug & the person who lived in the home was completely unaware of this doesn’t even pass the sniff test with me. I think they were all using drugs, I think the homeowner possibly supplied the drugs & perhaps had a higher tolerance & passed out. I, however, do not believe for a single second that JW was unaware that there were 3 x dead bodies at his house, I think he woke up after the drug binge & when he became aware of the dead bodies, he didn’t know what to do & decided to ignore the problem (aswell as all the calls & messages from people looking for those three men) & hope someone else would come looking for them & find them - Funnily enough, that appears to be exactly what happened. <modsnip: Direct accusation against someone not officially named by LE as POI/suspect>. MOO
I think it's far-fetched to believe JW knew his friends were dead in the back yard and just left them there for someone else to find. If he was going to "hope someone else would come looking for them and find them", then I think he would have left the scene in a panic as soon as he knew they were dead, and pretended he knew nothing about them being there. Someone would have to be stupid to remain at the scene in your scenario. Besides, the police have specifically stated it's not a homicide and yet some people still want someone to blame. These men obviously knew their way around the drug scene and it caught up with them. IMO.

Disposing of 3 dead bodies is pretty hardcore. I don't think the average person is really up to that.
I don’t thinking leaving 3 dead bodies of your friends in the backyard for a couple of days is something the average person is up too, either. Unless you were running away or something. Can you see any reason an average person would do such a thing and just stick around?

I am interested in how and where the 3 deceased friends purchased the drugs that may have ultimately led to their demise. My theory is that the three (and perhaps others) used JW’s house as a convenient party place since they all have children, girlfriends etc and I believe that JW was a bachelor.
They most likely typically drank and smoked some weed, and on occasion brought more potent drugs with them. I am very interested in friend #5’s possible involvement and how often the 3 friends used cocaine etc. That should truly be the focus of the investigation, however I have not read of many other sleuthers pursuing the most obvious path to solving this case…”who typically supplied the cocaine?”

I am interested in how and where the 3 deceased friends purchased the drugs that may have ultimately led to their demise. My theory is that the three (and perhaps others) used JW’s house as a convenient party place since they all have children, girlfriends etc and I believe that JW was a bachelor.
They most likely typically drank and smoked some weed, and on occasion brought more potent drugs with them. I am very interested in friend #5’s possible involvement and how often the 3 friends used cocaine etc. That should truly be the focus of the investigation, however I have not read of many other sleuthers pursuing the most obvious path to solving this case…”who typically supplied the cocaine?”
I 100% Agree.

I am leaning towards possibly friend #5 brought the drugs to the party, but JMO. It could have already been at the house.

Unfortunately, even occasional cocaine users (or other drugs) risk their lives every time they partake.

But like you, I also wonder #5 involvement, how often aka tolerance of everyone there and WHO provided it.

I don’t thinking leaving 3 dead bodies of your friends in the backyard for a couple of days is something the average person is up too, either. Unless you were running away or something. Can you see any reason an average person would do such a thing and just stick around?
Idk.

I am just saying... There are no good choices here.

Moving bodies (how?) And taking them (where?). Evidence in car goes where? You explain your absence how?

Running (how? Where?) That would make you look extremely guilty to most people. You don't know how long you have. It turned out to be two days, but anyone could have called the cops at any time.

So, yes, i can see why a person would stick around. Because the average person has no idea how to crime very well, doesn't have accomplices that won't talk, and figures the end result can't be any worse by staying than by trying those other two things.

In fact, a lot of people would just call the police. JW might have even called the police, but he says he didn't know so he really couldn't call the police if he doesn't know.

ETA... Moving dead people around and hiding them is a crime. You don't have to have killed them.

It makes no sense at all to me why you would leave your 3 friends dead in the back yard For days. What possible advantage would that give JW? Especially compared to loading them up in one of the cars and taking it all to a remote area and abandoning them there to make it look like they had left to do drugs and died on the scene?

MOO
IMO - I think he took the saying ‘ignorance is bliss’ literally & ran with it. What else could he do unless he admitted that they were all taking drugs & I somehow doubt that he offered this information to the police - As far as I’ve read, he told police that he ‘thought’ all 3 x men had simply frozen to death in his backyard!

IMO - I think he took the saying ‘ignorance is bliss’ literally & ran with it. What else could he do unless he admitted that they were all taking drugs & I somehow doubt that he offered this information to the police - As far as I’ve read, he told police that he ‘thought’ all 3 x men had simply frozen to death in his backyard!
I don't believe JW knew about the cocaine/fentanyl because if he did know, the three other men wouldn't have any reason to go into the back yard. They would have ingested the drugs in the house and walked out the front door to their vehicles parked across the street.

JMO

Where has it been proven as fact that JW knowingly left those three men dead in the backyard, or even that he knew that they were there? Speculation has been all over the place since this story broke, and not much has been proven as fact, except that these men had cocaine and lethal levels of fent in their systems, along with some weed and alcohol. Fent acts fast, will put you on your heinie and knock you out for some time, if not kill you. It is entirely possible that JW was out cold for all of that time due to the same drugs that his friends did, but he was inside and that may have saved him. Folks seem to want JW to be the person responsible for all of this, for whatever reason, when in reality he might just be the lucky one who survived that night.
IMO.

IMO - Common sense, unless you believe 5 x separate men all bought their own drugs to the party?
Why must it be that each of the 5 brought their own drugs OR that JW supplied it?
It could have been Guy#5 who shared it with everyone, or any of the other 3 who shared it, OR they could have bought it from someone else later in the evening, OR did someone else show up after Guy#5 left who had some, or, or, or ...
MOO

I know that I started following this case simply because I saw the clickbait headline about the "furious friends". And reading the original article, there seemed to be a lot of intriguing, bizarre details. It wasn't hard to imagine that something quite nefarious had occurred:
"This man [redacted] was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long. They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them," wrote Kaylee La Tier on Facebook. "He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday. My husband banged on his door for 20 min. My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him?? Then the cops come 10 min later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??!"

But a few strange details aside, it seems the reality is a sad, but much more mundane tale which is not too dissimilar from many similar stories happening around the country.

I think also, especially initially, this case is confusing. How did JW not hear, see, know, have the answers everyone wants? Unfortunately, the answer could be, he just doesn't.

We don't know his life, maybe he does hole up in the house for days without paying any attention to the outside world. He works from home, he can get most things he needs for life delivered. Maybe he keeps an unusual schedule because of this. Maybe he doesn't (because I don't really know much about him, so i don't want to say he definitely does or doesn't do something).

But, that is another thing that gave the thing traction, the person who was there seems to only have vague information about what was going on... There have been cases where people who weren't even there had quite a bit of information that corresponded well to what happened.

This being said, he talked to the police and they might have asked him not to say anything about certain things (idk what things, but even Kathy's case from 1969, there are things the police asked me not to say).

ETA: i found out someone i know, his son died of fent. It was in another drug. He died on his own because I don't think it was in a "party drug" like coke. He wasn't in KS.

But, if you search about fent deaths in KS, they have been on the rise for years. The article i posted earlier was from late 2023. Maybe this case is getting attention because the police suspect whomever sold the coke-fent sold other drugs-fent as well. So, they're trying to gather information on people (eta including those) who o.d. alone. Maybe even people who survived. If this story is in the news, it might bring more information to them from cases that on the surface would not seem to be related. Just a thought... Moo

Last edited:

well many of us would love to know that but we can't sleuth people who haven't been charged or named by LE and that unfortunately includes 5th guy

so this is where we are

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back