MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's expected the medical examiner to rule on a cause of death within the next week,” according to LE.

An updated NN article:

Updated: JAN 18, 2024 / 12:27 PM CST

“There are many different things that don’t add up that we just don’t understand and how somebody would not be at least be investigated,” Johnson’s brother Jonathan Price said.

Price said Johnson and his two buddies — Harrington and McGeeney — were inseparable. However, Price did not know of the host before his brother and friends were found dead at the guy’s property.

“We don’t know how they became associated together,” Price said.

Chester told NewsNation she fears her son and his friends might have been poisoned.
However, police have not come to that conclusion, nor have the toxicology reports been completed to support that claim.

“I don’t like to speculate very much,” Price said. “But my brother was a smart man, and there’s no way that he would just freeze to death. Freezing to death is not a cause of death that I would accept.”
I’m glad the medical examiner will rule soon.
I agree with the father: Why not go to their vehicles, or demand to be let back inside rather than freeze to death. Their son was a dedicated father. It doesn’t make sense.

Just a theory I have regarding the survivor not responding to messages and not knowing the others were dead in the backyard.
It could be possible that they had all drunk a lot, the resident passed out asleep or went to bed; he was not working the next few days and just hibernated inside, as it was cold out. He likely thought they had left; maybe he did see the cars but assumed they had left them because of drinking. Ignoring the messages could be flippant, as in, he was thinking they had just gone off somewhere and didn't want to answer the girlfriends or family because he didn't want to get involved. As in, not being concerned about the guys being missing, thinking they had gone to continue their bender somewhere else and didn't want to get involved with angry girlfriends etc, etc, thinking it would be drama.
As for his comment,' they froze to death', there is no context to that. I imagine someone (reporter, friend, etc.) asking what happened to them, and he said off the top of his head, " I dunno, they froze to death?" or "They froze to death?" more like a question than a statement.
I am not trying to make excuses for him. He may well have been involved or knew they were dead. I am just trying to think of a rational explanation that explains his actions.
MOO

They could literally break a window, go to the neighbors, their cars were out front, the highs were in the 40s which is cold but not instant death.

They had to of been poisoned or shot etc

cars could've been at the side of the house where the laneway and garage is
if they were overdosing, that would explain why they didn't break a window or jump the fence or go to a neighbours

Just a theory I have regarding the survivor not responding to messages and not knowing the others were dead in the backyard.
It could be possible that they had all drunk a lot, the resident passed out asleep or went to bed; he was not working the next few days and just hibernated inside, as it was cold out. He likely thought they had left; maybe he did see the cars but assumed they had left them because of drinking. Ignoring the messages could be flippant, as in, he was thinking they had just gone off somewhere and didn't want to answer the girlfriends or family because he didn't want to get involved. As in, not being concerned about the guys being missing, thinking they had gone to continue their bender somewhere else and didn't want to get involved with angry girlfriends etc, etc, thinking it would be drama.
As for his comment,' they froze to death', there is no context to that. I imagine someone (reporter, friend, etc.) asking what happened to them, and he said off the top of his head, " I dunno, they froze to death?" or "They froze to death?" more like a question than a statement.
I am not trying to make excuses for him. He may well have been involved or knew they were dead. I am just trying to think of a rational explanation that explains his actions.
MOO
Yes, it’s possible that there are explanations such as you pose that could explain his behavior outside of guilt.

The medical examiner’s report will be able to shed light as well.

Does drinking or ingesting substances effect your ability to tell if you are freezing to death?

They could literally break a window, go to the neighbors, their cars were out front, the highs were in the 40s which is cold but not instant death.

They had to of been poisoned or shot etc
If they had been shot, law enforcement would have noted that instead of saying, “no obvious signs of foul play.”

Ignoring the messages could be flippant, as in, he was thinking they had just gone off somewhere and didn't want to answer the girlfriends or family because he didn't want to get involved. As in, not being concerned about the guys being missing, thinking they had gone to continue their bender somewhere else and didn't want to get involved with angry girlfriends etc, etc, thinking it would be drama.
I am just trying to think of a rational explanation that explains his actions.
MOO

Snipped for focus

This a very rational explanation indeed, except for the lack of response to the girlfriends or family. Even if he thought they'd just gone off and continued their bender elsewhere that night, by Monday afternoon he had to realize that it was way past time for a bender to be over. And would have picked up the calls/texts/FB messages starting then.

Also, assuming the news reports are accurate (lol) he had to be selectively answering his door if he opened it only when it was the police, after not answering it to anyone else.

I’m so cynical and suspicious but for some reason I don’t find the resident suspicious and I don’t even know why.

I guess it’d be nice to know how many phone calls by his contacts, people in his phone called him. If he didn’t recognize the number he could assume spam, I do.

Is there any confirmation that he actually read any of the messages sent to him or is that just assumed? I know friends and friends of friends have claimed that, but do we know for certain there were read receipts delivered? This would sway my opinion to more than just him not being aware.

I know there is a lot of discussion about not answering his door. But this has happened to me, friend stopped by and knocked and waited and knocked, rang the bell, then finally left. Later I went out and saw she’d left something. I have no idea how no one heard the knock or doorbell not even our dog. There were four of us and the dog home at the time.

Yes, it’s possible that there are explanations such as you pose that could explain his behavior outside of guilt.

The medical examiner’s report will be able to shed light as well.

Does drinking or ingesting substances effect your ability to tell if you are freezing to death?
RBBM
As far as personal experience goes, I know that in my 20's, I have gone out on New Year's Eve several times in dresses that wouldn't keep bacteria warm, standing in long lines shivering in below-freezing temperatures, but several hours later walking out, walking to get food, holding my coat. I was not shivering or feeling the cold then.
(Please do not judge, I was young, stupid and foolish)

Snipped for focus

This a very rational explanation indeed, except for the lack of response to the girlfriends or family. Even if he thought they'd just gone off and continued their bender elsewhere that night, by Monday afternoon he had to realize that it was way past time for a bender to be over. And would have picked up the calls/texts/FB messages starting then.

Also, assuming the news reports are accurate (lol) he had to be selectively answering his door if he opened it only when it was the police, after not answering it to anyone else.
RBBM
This could actually be evidence he really did not have a clue what was going on and thought it was just drama.
So when the police turned up, he realized it was serious and not just drama and answered.
I just have this feeling that they were extremely drunk and or/had taken some drugs and they all overdosed and the only reason the resident survived is because he slept it off, maybe even 24-36 hour drugged stupor, picking up his phone periodically (hence 'read' notifications) and couldn't even worry about himself, let alone messages or his friends in the backyard. If so, he would have survived because he was inside. He may have only really woken up just recently. If the same thing was happening to the other three outside, it is a very different story.

MOO

Perhaps all four men ingested the same substance. The survivor/resident ingested a much smaller amount that left him unconscious for a day or two. That would cover the resident not responding to knocks and messages. JMO.

Perhaps all four men ingested the same substance. The survivor/resident ingested a much smaller amount that left him unconscious for a day or two. That would cover the resident not responding to knocks and messages. JMO.

But it is still odd to me that he (as I infer from the media reports I read) apparently answered no communications with anyone until the police knocked on his door, since (as I infer from the media reports I read) family members of the deceased had been knocking on his door earlier.

This case has my mind in a state that resembles a dog chasing its tail.

How much time elapsed between the last time people concerned about the deceased knocked on his door and it wasn't answered, and the time he answered the door to the police?

But it is still odd to me that he (as I infer from the media reports I read) apparently answered no communications with anyone until the police knocked on his door, since (as I infer from the media reports I read) family members of the deceased had been knocking on his door earlier.

This case has my mind in a state that resembles a dog chasing its tail.
Right now, I believe he was in a bad way himself for a few days. I had flu a couple of weeks ago, shivers, fever, etc and I was getting notifications from messages, texts, phone calls (even an important one, regarding insurance) and I was ignoring them. I knew I should respond but I couldn't it was hard enough to go to the bathroom, I had to hype myself up for about 45 minutes.
If he was in anyway feeling like this ( not the flu, but overdose, I can see why he wasn't responding, but I also know that if the guys outside were feeling like this, it could explain how they died.
Someone mentioned he was a scientist earlier, maybe he was bringing his work home to try out?

His name being redacted, is that something we have seen before? Does he work for the government or a "prestigious" place? Or maybe just has a powerful and sharp attorney? (Not implying anything, it's just very interesting to me, his identity being protected.)

<modsnip - quoted post was discussing a removed post>
According to that article I linked where it had two friends or family talking about trying to get ahold of him, banging on doors and such, he answered the door when the police came in his boxers carrying an empty wineglass. I heard last night on the news LE didn't need to get a search warrant. He's been fully cooperative.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to that article I linked where it had two friends or family talking about trying to get ahold of him, banging on doors and such, he answered the door when the police came in his boxers carrying an empty wineglass. I heard last night on the news LE didn't need to get a search warrant. He's been fully cooperative.
Thanks for that information.

His name being redacted, is that something we have seen before? Does he work for the government or a "prestigious" place? Or maybe just has a powerful and sharp attorney? (Not implying anything, it's just very interesting to me, his identity being protected.)
I don't necessarily think it's because he's rich or powerful. In general, the media is reluctant to name possible suspects who haven't been arrested or charged or even named as a POI. For one thing it opens them up to potential libel actions, à la Richard Jewell, who was wrongly named as the Olympic Park bomber and later successfully sued a number of news organizations.

I would suspect the news organizations' lawyers took a look at the situation and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I don't necessarily think it's because he's rich or powerful. In general, the media is reluctant to name possible suspects who haven't been arrested or charged or even named as a POI. For one thing it opens them up to potential libel actions, à la Richard Jewell, who was wrongly named as the Olympic Park bomber and later successfully sued a number of news organizations.

I would suspect the news organizations' lawyers took a look at the situation and decided it wasn't worth the risk.
I think you’re probably correct.

Glad to hear he is being cooperative. Also, glad they redacted his name. An article I linked up thread revealed Mr. (one of the deceased) Johnson's family retained an attorney, and I would hope that renter also retained counsel. Not saying he is guilty of anything, however, it would be in his best interest. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenisaHerdzik