MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it’s very strange.

The three men arrived at Willis' house on Saturday, Jan. 7, sometime after that night's football game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Las Vegas Raiders had concluded, Picerno said. The game, which saw the Chiefs defeat the Raiders, ended at approximately 9 p.m.

What happened next remains a mystery to everyone, including Willis, according to his lawyer.

LA Chargers, not Raiders. Article is wrong.

Last edited:
Curiouser and curiouser.

Boxers and glass of wine answering the door to LE - sounds like he was unwinding after work. Moo.
Right? SSDD as far as he was concerned.
Either that or, he just didn’t give a “you know what” that his friends lay dead in his back yard. Idk, nothing sets right with me about this case, and particularly with that man.
And I understand some here disagree with me on that, but JMO and that’s all it is.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s very strange.

The three men arrived at Willis' house on Saturday, Jan. 7, sometime after that night's football game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Las Vegas Raiders had concluded, Picerno said. The game, which saw the Chiefs defeat the Raiders, ended at approximately 9 p.m.

What happened next remains a mystery to everyone, including Willis, according to his lawyer.

Nitpick alert:

The attorney Picerno wrong. He is confusing the game between the Chiefs and the Raiders On Jan. 7 2023! Kickoff was scheduled for 3:30 p.m. PST Saturday in Las Vegas last year. That would have been 5:30 in Kansas City, except that Picerno is a year off. That game would have ended around 9:00 pm CST, but not the game this year.

The Chiefs didn’t play the Raiders that night Jan. 7 2024. They played the Chargers and the game started in SoCal at 3:25 CST. It would have been over by around 7:00-7:30 at the latest.

(The Raiders played the Broncos Jan 7 starting at 3:25 CST.)

i think this guy Willis needs a new attorney!

ETA: I see several others already posted about the game. Oops!

IMO, I actually completely buy the part where it says he didn't see the Facebook messages on his phone. I still chat with a few people that way, and the actual browsing app and the messenger app like to disconnect from each other all the time, so I'll get loads of messages and not even see them until the next time I check on a computer (and I don't use social media on my computer that often.)
Agreed; also to add, I remembered today that if you are not 'friends' with a person on FB, you can send them a message (if the person has messages from strangers approved), and it goes to a separate inbox, like a pending review inbox. If you do not check that inbox, you do not know you have a message, I think it is like a spam filter. If the wife only messaged him on FB, it may be that they did not really know each other well, and she searched for him on FB.

boxers are just like shorts
if I looked out my window and saw cops, I wouldn't likely take the time to put more clothes on
yeah if I was lounging around pantslessly and heard knocking and then "POLICE!" I would probably rush to the door with the bare minimum amount of clothing to not be charged with indecency.
Agreed; also to add, I remembered today that if you are not 'friends' with a person on FB, you can send them a message (if the person has messages from strangers approved), and it goes to a separate inbox, like a pending review inbox. If you do not check that inbox, you do not know you have a message, I think it is like a spam filter. If the wife only messaged him on FB, it may be that they did not really know each other well, and she searched for him on FB.
Also, I had completely forgotten about this part! If he was relatively inactive on FB, he might not even know about this feature (once I agreed to interview someone over FB through a YouTube comments section, I had to go back and reply to their original youtube comments to make them even aware of the "message request" section.)

I don't think the resident did anything criminal. But the lawyer is making him look far more suspicious, instead of less. He should keep his mouth shut.
I can’t quite put my finger on what he’s doing wrong. Over-explaining? Too much denying? He’s quite a high-profile and expensive criminal defense attorney.

I can’t quite put my finger on what he’s doing wrong. Over-explaining? Too much denying? He’s quite a high-profile and expensive criminal defense attorney.
Over-explaining and giving conflicting information. The resident could not have been both "home sporadically" and "in bed" [In bed when btw? The entire time, for 2.5 days?]. So either statements are being taken out of context, or the attorney is changing his story.

Over-explaining and giving conflicting information. The resident could not have been both "home sporadically" and "in bed" [In bed when btw? The entire time, for 2.5 days?]. So either statements are being taken out of context, or the attorney is changing his story.
You’re right. He’s got 30 years experience and really should know better.

I have a feeling it could be that his answers are being taken out of context. Has anyone seen the actual interview or is it MSM's version of the interview?

heck, adding to the confusion -- this is the time of year for healthcare scams. Robocalls and spoofs have been crazy for me these past few weeks, I'm getting like three calls a day from numbers I don't recognize (but which have all been spoofed to have the same area code + first three digits,) so if I didn't get a text/remember to check my voicemail, I'd probably also ignore calls.

"Police said a woman came to the home looking for her fiancé. When there was no answer at the door, she broke into the basement and found a dead body on the back porch.

When officers got to the scene, they said they found two other dead bodies in the back yard."

From: 3 found dead outside northland home, neighbors say they are in shock

I honestly don't know whether that means inside in the sunroom or perhaps she stepped out of the sunroom to the concrete pad with the roofed area to check on the victim she saw.

If freezing to death was what happened, I don't think the victim was in the sunroom. It looks like a wide doorway opening into it from the house with no obvious door shutting it off from the rest of the house, plus in one photo you can see a heat vent on the wall. While it may have been cooler than the rest of the house because of so many windows, I don't think someone would have frozen to death inside the sunroom.

Plus if someone was dead in the sunroom, isn't it possible that there would have been a smell after 2 days? It's right beside the kitchen. Would the homeowner/renter not notice?

Of course the observations are moot if freezing didn't figure into the COD.

MOO.

I wonder if two of them were in the shed.

No new info, but confirmation that JW has in fact moved.... also some more images of the home- attorney at 1:55 - calling the 3 guys "his buddies", once again.

Bodies said to be found "in the backyard", no mention of shed or anything, I wouldn't read into it.

No, he is not a chemist. We are not allowed to sleuth JW anyway.

Attorney claims now A FIFTH person was there at the end of the watch party... JW, the 3 deceased, plus Person#5.

Whaaaaat. The friend being interviewed insists someone needs to be in custody... but... imo, it's about personal choices and responsibility- unless JW was purposely poisoning his "buddies", I don't see how he is liable for their well being. Moo. (I am doubtful they were any more than just fellow fans, not really buddies/close friends with JW)

Attorney claims now A FIFTH person was there at the end of the watch party... JW, the 3 deceased, plus Person#5.

Whaaaaat. The friend being interviewed insists someone needs to be in custody... but... imo, it's about personal choices and responsibility- unless JW was purposely poisoning his "buddies", I don't see how he is liable for their well being. Moo. (I am doubtful they were any more than just fellow fans, not really buddies/close friends with JW)

Depends on social host responsibility/liability laws which can vary amongst towns, cities, municipalities and states. In some places its bars/restaurants only, in others it often extend into homes.

The apps that I don't actively use don't send me messages. Some people like Whatsapp. I see messages on Whatsapp only if I actively look for them. Same with FB messenger. Plus, there is this thinking, "people who I am interested in know how to reach me". IMHO, if he is a scientist who can afford to work from home, and lives alone, I am surprised that he found boxers that fast. The only thing that would be seemingly dragging him out of the house would be his dogs, but the dogs would be away that day.

Before I decided to look into this case I always pictured it being KCs first playoff game party. I was surprised to find out it wasn’t.

Because this specific KC at LA game was largely inconsequential (besides being divisional). As the Chief’s had already solidified their playoff position and the Charger’s had long been eliminated.

Kansas City appropriately sat all of their starters to avoid any injuries. A win would have been inconsequential to the Chiefs seeding or any kind of home field advantage.

That means no Mahomes. No Kelsey. No Taylor Swift.

I’m a die hard football fan. I’m not inviting anyone over and probably not going anywhere to watch a game like this. Especially in the cold. I’m going to save that energy for the playoffs.

So the focus around the game has always been odd to me. But I guess the media needs a hook.

To me they likely went there for reasons other than the game.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members