MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely need the medical examiner report re autopsy and toxicology, and a statement from LE ASAP. As stated earlier if the property had ring cam as well as the closest surrounding neighbors this would provide some validation or conflict with his statements.

IMG_0742.jpeg

I think they all 4 OD’d on bad coke and passed out. The only difference is the 3 dead went outside to smoke right after taking a bump, passed out and died of exposure; While the home owner passed out inside and survived. Had a two day, near death hangover; then the cops knock on the door.

Did it snow on the 8th and 9th and potentially cover up the 3 men outside so that it wasn't obvious they were out there upon first glance out into the yard?

Honestly? I think he did not look out of the window. Maybe he got drunk, passed out on the sofa, woke up with a headache and drank more. If he works from home, it makes him less eager to get out of the house, nor more. I wouldn't be surprised if he ordered food delivery and didn't even get outside on the day of the game. Dogs, yes...but maybe he foresaw getting plastered with his buddies, so he brought the dogs to his relative for a couple of days.
Yes, true: And according to his attorney’s statement on News Nation, the dogs were indeed at his father’s home for a few days.

The game was on January 7th. Temp that night + windchill was below freezing.

JMO

You can find wind data, too, on www.wunderground.com (History from NWS). It wasn't very windy. According to that chart, it got down to freezing (32F) but not below freezing. At first, I thought it was the next Sunday (very cold that next Sunday).

Well this article says a lot! I'm paraphrasing, saw the three men leave his house, didn't see/hear any texts or phone calls, didn't hear any knocking, banging, door bell or whatever because he sleeps with headphones and has a fan on and saw the cars there but didn't think anything of it.

Thank you so much for posting this. I believe the Kansas City Star is also saying that the picture they're using was taken on January 10 - one day after the bodies were found. Not much snow. We can see where the girlfriend took the screen off the basement window the day before. Looks to me as if someone wheeling something (Coroner, stretchers, I would assume) went through the gate on the left side.

IIRC, the girlfriend told MSM that they used FB messages to try and contact JW and they believed he had read them, due to read receipts - but I don't know how to evaluate that information. For example, I auto-download my FB messages to an app on my phone. Will the messages still count as read? Because I never read them except when I'm on FB, which is rare. Very curious about that one detail because JW says he didn't see the message until after the police arrived, and there was only one message.

Now we wait for ME and toxicology, I assume.

IMO

I found this puzzling as well.
Yeah people tend to exaggerate so I'm sure there is at least a bit of that going on with both sides. But there is a still a huge gap between one Facebook message and multiple calls, messages (unclear if FB or texts) from multiple people.

I tend to side with the friends' version of the story more, at this moment, since the fiancée ended up breaking in. That's a last resort and I find it hard to to believe she would do that without trying to call (at all, since he claims no calls) or at least sending multiple messages.

Yeah people tend to exaggerate so I'm sure there is at least a bit of that going on with both sides. But there is a still a huge gap between one Facebook message and multiple calls, messages (unclear if FB or texts) from multiple people.

I tend to side with the friends' version of the story more, at this moment, since the fiancée ended up breaking in. That's a last resort and I find it hard to to believe she would do that without trying to call (at all, since he claims no calls) or at least sending multiple messages.
Definitely agree that breaking in to someone’s home is a last resort when you’re at wits end. You could get yourself arrested or shot.

Could be people were only messaging him about the 1 guy, the guy with fiance who broke in. And maybe some people told her they were messaging him but really didn't. Maybe they thought the girls fiancé could be staying with another lady so they were hesitant to get involved. Maybe same for the home renter guy. He thought his friend could be visiting another lady. Or just partying with the guys longer and not get in trouble with the old lady.

Car or cars are parked on street and have snow on them. Likely lots of cars parked on street. I know our last house we owned for 10 years, that neighborhood had cars all parked in the streets. Was a pain trying to drive through sometimes. And it was almost exact same house as this one...1973 semi split like this one. Same kind of neighborhood. Maybe same builder. I know I might not pay much attention to some snow covered cars on the street.

Just to add an example to this - I have anxiety and before I got my puppy (to force me to get out of the house) I could happily stay in the house and not interact with anyone for weeks at a time. I work from home so didn't need to leave the house for anything other than food which I got delivered. There were times when I couldn't even remember when I last saw another human being in the flesh.
Ditto, I very rarely ever leave my house , and never answer a stranger knock at my door.

Another thought on the fentanyl theory...is it true that you can die from giving mouth to mouth to someone dying of fentanyl? I think it is and that happened with a group before. So maybe 1 or 2 went down and 1 or 2 performed cpr and also went down. Maybe the guy on the porch performed CPR when he saw the 2 go down in the yard...maybe those 2 went to smoke on their way out. 3rd guy saw them go down and tried to do cpr and then ran to porch to get 4th guy inside to call foe help and he went down on the porch.

Don't open their door at all. The pandemic and rise in crime and political strife has traumatized a not insignificant number of people who show up in my office. They often opt for phone call visits, not even video and certainly not in person. These days, when they can work from home, get groceries delivered and dropped at the front door, and don't have to come face-to-face with another human being, it's easy to stay behind the four walls of your home, for better or worse.

I'm not saying that's definitely what happened here. The homeowner obviously socialized with people he knew, hence the 3 men. But this is in response to the many people who think it's impossible for the dead bodies to be missed. It really isn't. If this was someone who worked from home, didn't socialize much, and didn't leave the house often, I can see it happening. Until we know more about the circumstances, I'm not ruling out that the homeowner legitimately didn't know.

JMO
Bbm do you mean impossible to NOT be missed?

Could be people were only messaging him about the 1 guy, the guy with fiance who broke in. And maybe some people told her they were messaging him but really didn't. Maybe they thought the girls fiancé could be staying with another lady so they were hesitant to get involved. Maybe same for the home renter guy. He thought his friend could be visiting another lady. Or just partying with the guys longer and not get in trouble with the old lady.

Car or cars are parked on street and have snow on them. Likely lots of cars parked on street. I know our last house we owned for 10 years, that neighborhood had cars all parked in the streets. Was a pain trying to drive through sometimes. And it was almost exact same house as this one...1973 semi split like this one. Same kind of neighborhood. Maybe same builder. I know I might not pay much attention to some snow covered cars on the street.
I’ve found all of these types of narrative explanations to be convincing, along with some of the pro-guilt narratives.

I’m hoping that thorough statements, taken by LE and checked with other statements, along with ring cam footage and phone and internet checks, they will firm up the idea of innocence (or guilt if that winds up being the case).

We know police are seldom forthcoming with press and public and they would likely still say no evidence of foul play and not being investigated as a homicide, even if the opposite were true.
Time will tell all.

But with a game on, you'd think they'd be all set up inside. It's one thing to sit round a fire if you're camping, or having a beach party, but with a game on, when it's freezing outside? Central heating all the way.

MOO
Our friends have a huge outdoor TV. I have not seen it, I am sure smokers like it. Just a thought?

I think they all 4 OD’d on bad coke and passed out. The only difference is the 3 dead went outside to smoke right after taking a bump, passed out and died of exposure; While the home owner passed out inside and survived. Had a two day, near death hangover; then the cops knock on the door.
Bingo, IMO.

I respectfully disagree. When you look at the layout of the home the least likely exit to the outside is the back door. Especially if you were getting into a vehicle parked in the driveway or on the street. Going out the front door you can cross over the lawn to the driveway or on the street. If the vehicle was in the garage, I presume one of the doors near the front door entrance led to the garage and you'd get in your car while it's in the garage and leave that way. There's a huge double-door wooden gate from the driveway to the back yard which looks onerous to get in and out of. It sags. There's a small side gate at the other side of the house to get from the back yard to the front. But why go out that way when you can go out the front door?

I can picture a scenario where there were more people than the final four at the home watching the game. Kansas City is in CT zone so it may have started around 5:30. I presume the game ended sometime around 8:30 pm. They probably sat around relishing the Chiefs win having more drinks and conversation until slowly everyone left except the final three. If JW had to work the next morning he may have left them to their own devices and went to bed telling them to let themselves out when they were ready.

I'm thinking they watched the game in that room at the back of the house where the big fireplace is. It's also where the back door to the rear yard is. If they went out there even if it was to smoke before they left they may have found themselves locked out of the house and being fairly inebriated may have had difficulty figuring out where the get out of the yard. Even if they'd called his phone he may have had it turned off. Depending on where JW's bedroom is he may have not had any sightlines to the back yard or the driveway where he'd have been able to see their vehicle still parked in the driveway. It's easy for us to say, "How could he have missed them out there? Or missed their vehicle still parked in the drive?" Hindsight is always 20/20 and our logic is operating from the discovery of the bodies and working our way backwards. Whereas someone unaware of the situation could just go about their day never even looking outside once. Even JW's neighbours missed seeing 3 dead guys in the next yard over for the same amount of time. Your brain sees what it wants to see and undistinguishable lumps under a layer of snow don't necessarily translate into dead bodies. Especially with piles of leaves or random pieces of outdoor furniture and deflated splash pools out there.

I really do believe that JW was legitimately unaware of his friends' inability to maneuver from the back yard to the front yard. I'm going to suggest JW has a scientist's brain where he's always thinking of the next puzzle to solve or present a theory regarding immunology. I bet he forgets to eat. Maybe he sent his dogs to his dad's house because he didn't want to have them underfoot or escaping the backyard while he had guests. Not because he didn't want them smelling dead bodies as some on FB suggested. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But he's currently bearing the whole load of his friends' death without an iota of proof of his involvement. I'm willing to wait for the coroner's report but I don't think JW is ever going to get a reprieve from his friends' friends and family.
If he never uses his back door, how could his dogs escape from the fenced in back yard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove