MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the thread a member posted a news story about a group overdose where numerous members of one family and some of their friends passed away from fentanyl-laced cocaine. Only one family member survived and she talked about how the last thing she remembered was speaking to one of her friends who ended up passing away, until she was awakened by her sister coming into the apartment and understably becoming emotional upon seeing multiple dead bodies. I wonder if something similar could have occurred here— is it possible that the “homeowner” also participated in potential drug use and ended up in a comatose state for a day or two due to an overdose that also killed the others? He may have been so “out of it” that he didn’t even register what he was seeing with the messages from friends/family and the banging on the door.

Even if he was completely coherent, I don’t see anything inherently suspicious about him seeing cars outside and not reporting it. I often host friends and family at my house and if someone decides to indulge in some wine or other alcoholic beverage they will usually leave their car in my driveway and Uber home. Sometimes they don’t come back for a day or two, as they have other vehicles to drive and need to find the time to Uber back or to have their partner drive them over. It’s not weird to me and possibly the same situation is a common occurrence in this friend group. I do find it strange that he would completely ignore messages if he was not in an altered mental state— but, as I stated up thread, I truly don’t believe his behavior was that of a conscious, sober individual.

MOO.
This is exactly what I was saying the other day. It really isn't far-fetched, if he had reacted the same as them, he would have been inside and warm and likely slept it off.
The first time I drank whisky in my 20s, I had a bad reaction, I now call it Whisky flu, but I think it was likely alcohol poisoning. I was in bed for two whole days, I couldn't get up without throwing up. I even called the family doctor for a house visit, even though cell phones were not a thing then, there is no way I would have been able to answer a call or even a text message. I was a mess and have avoided whisky ever since.
JMO

This is my current notifications list -- FB messenger will show whatever names were chosen in that particular chat (in this case, inside jokes) and text messages will show the name you've saved in your contacts list.
@dms TYVM for taking time to show this example. The wiki on Facebook Messenger did not answer my Q's.

IIUC from ^ a notification of a FB message does not necessarily have an ACTUAL NAME.
If so, then lends support to the idea that JW would not necessarily recognize who sent messages, would not feel compelled to read or respond.

And if I do not understand the above correctly, well, I can just drop this Q. Again, TY.

It does not seem strange to me. On Monday, he could have likely had a hangover, 'saw' the messages but didn't really read them or assumed it was drama and did not want to get involved. Maybe the men were known for disappearing, and he did not want to be questioned by parents and girlfriends in case he said something he shouldn't have.
When I have an assignment to finish, I ignore calls and messages. It might show up I have 'read' the message, but it is normally a case of opening it to get rid of the notification. When I am done with my assignments, I go back and read them.
JMO
Being barraged with texts, phone calls and people banging on doors and windows for two days?! Nope sorry, it doesn't add up to a hangover/anti-social situation to me, at all. Then the fiancee busts a window and breaks in, is loudly calling out, still no sign of him. She calls the police and then what 10-15 mins later **Poof** like magic he appears at their rap on the door?! Nope, not buying it, someone was hiding from/denying a situation, until he couldn't anymore. AJMO

None of this makes any sense to me. No way those three guys got “stuck” in the back yard. The fence looks like just a standard height privacy fence with the horizontal slats on the inside, essentially making a ladder out of there. I’ve climbed over the same many times.
Bad drugs makes a lot of sense, but the fourth friend’s actions make very little sense. If he had been passed out from the same drugs the other guys ended up dying from, then yeah maybe I can understand ignoring ALL those messages and calls and door banging from friends and family and just somehow not noticing the three dead friends in the back and their car(s) still there from game day. But if those messages really were read and also his attorney said he was in and out of the house during that time, sooooooo what the heck? Something still isn’t jiving for me. At all.
Thank you! You’ve voiced my own thoughts as perfectly as possible!
KUDOS to you @happyday !

Maybe he goes out the front with leashed dogs for a walk? I used to do this rather than using the back because I didn’t want a mess to clean in the back and I didn’t want my dog to miss her exercise.
And once it snows, the yard becomes a muddy mess and the one muddy spot seems to have a magnet attached to my dog. I'd rather go on a walk out front than give a dog a bath multiple times a day.

Sure, he could have been angry. I’ve been angry at my drunk friends before. I‘ve gotten calls and/or texts from the friends‘ family members when they were a couple of hours later than expect. Two days is a stretch. They’ve been friends for years. If three of my friends were missing, I certainly wouldn’t dodge the families for two days. I wouldn’t think they were dead in my yard either. I’d tell the families, they must have called an Uber because their cars are still here.
You’re saying you wouldn’t check out your property first? They were guests at your home, and they disappeared. Yet they didn’t. They were there all along.
Whatever, but I can tell you one thing ,if it had been in my state and my county, the dude would have been arrested and held for questioning, at least, considering such questionable circumstances.
Not one, but THREE dead bodies in his yard?
And IMO, he should have been. JMO
ETA: Apologies. for some reason this case is getting under my skin.

Last edited:
Snipped for focus:

I felt this way, too, until I went to the article links on sudden unknown fentanyl ingestion overdoses with rapid unconsciousness and death happening simultaneously to a group of 5 or 6 adults within a short time frame.

For example 5 female employees of a mall store were all found unconscious and near death in their car in the parking lot during a short lunch break.
It makes me feel the fentanyl crisis, is almost like an unfortunately, explainable, man-made version of 'spontaneoous human combustion'.
I also feel the weather played a part, the change in temperature and precipitation combined with intoxication via alcohol, maybe weed, maybe what they believed was coke; is a reasonable explanation for CoD, those things could be found in the autopsy reasonably quick and so if signs of hypothermia are there and differentiated from frozen after death, that would be obvious to the examiner, or easily tested for. Alcohol levels would not take long to know, and if they had smoked weed, it would likely be in their lungs, and could likely be cultured within a week.
I am not sure how they test for cocaine or fentanyl, I am assuming this is what takes the longer time?
If LE have the results from the initial autopsy, and the ME's initial report and Cod, pending tox reports, it is likely they know where things will sway, one way or another

Friends Demand Answers
Link provided above^^

Officers responded to the scene a short time later, and upon further investigation located two other dead bodies in the back yard, says the police spokesperson. The person living at the home has not been charged with a crime. There were no obvious signs of foul play, and investigators are still waiting for the medical examiner report to shed more light on what happened, according to a police spokesperson. There is no more information available at this time, and the police spokesperson said a search warrant is being obtained for the residence. Police also will not comment on the claim being made by furious friends and family.

"This man [redacted] was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long. They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them," wrote Kaylee La Tier on Facebook. "He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday. My husband banged on his door for 20 min. My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him?? Then the cops come 10 min later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??!"

Another friend made a similar claim on her Facebook. "3 men do not just go outside and freeze to death while the owner of the home - their 'friend' stays inside and only when police show up come outside in boxers like you've just been chillin for 2 days while your 3 friends are dead outside," said Lyndsey Rae Baldwin. "Make noise here people - this story is not okay!! He had been contacted for over 24 hours prior about where our friends were - and also their cars still parked at his house - and didn't reply to anyone!"

The mother of David Harrington, Jennifer Marquez, told Fox 4 that the person living in the home allegedly told police that his friends froze to death. “I’m furious. Everybody is furious,” said Marquez. “Nobody believes this story. None of his friends, none of the families, none of us believe.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like family/friends have their suspicions over the homeowner as well. I mean coming out to the Police with a wine glass in hand and barely dressed.... not a great impression to begin with alongside the three cold bodies laying in his backyard. Still no update on toxicology screening or COD (cause of death) established yet nor a timeframe of death(s).

Yes. I also think it’s possible he participated but didn’t go outside so while he may have almost been fatal wasn’t because he was in a safer environment. Time and test results will certainly tell.

I can see that scenario too. Speculation: one of the non-residents brought drugs to the party. Everyone thought this was cool (I'm assuming just four people in total).

The resident, after consuming said substances, isn't feeling quite right and goes up to bed (or nopes out of the situation before or after drugs are ingested - but makes more sense if it's after). Others go on to use more? Go outside to do it? Get disoriented and get themselves locked out? (They have to be REALLY under the influence for this theory to work).

Party host could have civil liability in this situation, I suppose. I would expect them to lawyer up in either case. I would also add that it's possible that none of the four knew they were ingesting such a toxic substance (many people poisoned by fentanyl have consumed it by merely purchasing weed that is "laced" or contaminated with the substance).

IMO. All speculation. I agree that biological evidence will tell that story.

It makes me feel the fentanyl crisis, is almost like an unfortunately, explainable, man-made version of 'spontaneoous human combustion'.
I also feel the weather played a part, the change in temperature and precipitation combined with intoxication via alcohol, maybe weed, maybe what they believed was coke; is a reasonable explanation for CoD, those things could be found in the autopsy reasonably quick and so if signs of hypothermia are there and differentiated from frozen after death, that would be obvious to the examiner, or easily tested for. Alcohol levels would not take long to know, and if they had smoked weed, it would likely be in their lungs, and could likely be cultured within a week.
I am not sure how they test for cocaine or fentanyl, I am assuming this is what takes the longer time?
If LE have the results from the initial autopsy, and the ME's initial report and Cod, pending tox reports, it is likely they know where things will sway, one way or another
Yes, it certainly does seem that way.

I’m not sure how they conduct those tests or what the hold up is (it seems to have gone from MSM saying medical examiner would rule “within a week” to Willis’ attorney saying “a couple of weeks” ) but it really would be nice to have some real information at this point.

would also add that it's possible that none of the four knew they were ingesting such a toxic substance (many people poisoned by fentanyl have consumed it by merely purchasing weed that is "laced" or contaminated with the substance).
Snipped for focus:

Exactly, and why it’s so dangerous and deadly. It hits without warning, because the users have no idea that it’s there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove