MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have been angry about what transpired the night before. Maybe he kicked them all out when drugs appeared and anticipated a rupture of friendship, not a triple death investigation.

After a party, what's more likely? Intoxicated guests leaving their cars behind or three dead people, frozen in your back yard?

Without his dogs home, he likely holed up, no reason to tour his property, no reason to look out back.

JMO
Sure, he could have been angry. I’ve been angry at my drunk friends before. I‘ve gotten calls and/or texts from the friends‘ family members when they were a couple of hours later than expect. Two days is a stretch. They’ve been friends for years. If three of my friends were missing, I certainly wouldn’t dodge the families for two days. I wouldn’t think they were dead in my yard either. I’d tell the families, they must have called an Uber because their cars are still here.

Answering my own question, looking at google map images there does appear to be a double gate (large enough to drive a car through) on the righthand side of the house. No latch is visible on the outside of the gate, so it would appear the latch may be on the inside. Unless it was padlocked they should have easily been able to leave via the gate.
Even if padlocked, and somewhere I thought I heard it was reported to be but not sure, I think they still could have climbed over that fence, even if they had to climb on each other to get over. I just don't see them allowing themselves to freeze to death and not break a window, start screaming for neighbors, climb the fence etc. The houses are very close together. I guess they could have been hallucinating on some drug, or something to that effect IDK just my opinions. The toxicology reports will be very important in this case.

Except someone read his messages
I'm not even sure about that. My cell phone pings with notifications on the top left of the screen; I can swipe it downwards and it will list all the notifications that I have (phone program updates, voicemails, messenger messages, facebook messages etc) as in "you have 5 new facebook messages" in bold print. I can then press on that and it takes me to my facebook messages page where the new messages are listed downwards from most recent to oldest.

Just tested it with my husband who sent me a message on facebook. I opened up my phone and did the above, but did not actually "click" on the message to open and read it ... but his screen shows "message seen". I imagine other phones would read something like "message received", but that does not neccesarily mean "message read".

Really, I did "see" it, but I sure didn't open it to read it.

He may have been angry about what transpired the night before. Maybe he kicked them all out when drugs appeared and anticipated a rupture of friendship, not a triple death investigation.

After a party, what's more likely? Intoxicated guests leaving their cars behind or three dead people, frozen in your back yard?

Without his dogs home, he likely holed up, no reason to tour his property, no reason to look out back.

JMO
OR that's what he expects everyone to believe. For me, maybe cars left for a day is explained away, but not for several when he knows they go to work, and family is texting him; he lost me there, especially if he was home when she broke in just before police arrive.

Sure, he could have been angry. I’ve been angry at my drunk friends before. I‘ve gotten calls and/or texts from the friends‘ family members when they were a couple of hours later than expect. Two days is a stretch. They’ve been friends for years. If three of my friends were missing, I certainly wouldn’t dodge the families for two days. I wouldn’t think they were dead in my yard either. I’d tell the families, they must have called an Uber because their cars are still here.
I guess this is the reason this whole thing became news and a story on Websleuths, and News Nation , and why he had to retain an expensive high profile attorney in the first place.

OR that's what he expects everyone to believe. For me, maybe cars left for a day is explained away, but not for several when he knows they go to work, and family is texting him; he lost me there, especially if he was home when she broke in just before police arrive.
Yes! He doesn’t hear the fiancee breaking in and calling out to him, but comes out with a drink when the police show up. Lots of mental gymnastics to explain away all the red flags.

With the large snowstorm on Monday would the cars be able to still be parked in the street, wouldn't they be towed away??
I'm not certain that we are talking more than one friend's car at this point. Can anyone confirm?

I'm thinking they may have travelled in a group in one or two cars. Also suspect the cars were parked in his driveway and therefore at the side of his house by the garage. From the street google photos posted earlier in the thread, there would be room for them and they would not be visible from the front or rear windows of the house. Given that the garage is on the side of the house in question and that the upstairs above it has only two small windows near it's rear - I'm thinking those two windows are a bathroom and walk-in closet window ... so a master bedroom closet and toilet perhaps and ergo not windows that one is apt to be looking out of simply to see a view of the wall of the house next door.

I'm not certain that we are talking more than one friend's car at this point. Can anyone confirm?

I'm thinking they may have travelled in a group in one or two cars. Also suspect the cars were parked in his driveway and therefore at the side of his house by the garage. From the street google photos posted earlier in the thread, there would be room for them and they would not be visible from the front or rear windows of the house. Given that the garage is on the side of the house in question and that the upstairs above it has only two small windows near it's rear - I'm thinking those two windows are a bathroom and walk-in closet window ... so a master bedroom closet and toilet perhaps and ergo not windows that one is apt to be looking out of simply to see a view of the wall of the house next door.
You raise a good point that they may have arrived in one car. It would actually make a lot of sense.

Yes, it’s possible, regarding the rest of your post.

I’m just catching up with this case.
I tragically have a close relative with a drug problem, so it’s painful for me and I try to avoid potential overdose cases, but this situation is so puzzling.

IMO the homeowner has to know more, he just has to—three friends are there and then they’re not, but didn’t I read that their cars were still there?

I’m in NYC all my life, in a huge apartment building, so we don’t have driveways and cars are not a clue for us. But my sister in the Jersey suburbs always knows who’s home or visiting by just glancing at the cars in her neighbors’ driveways.

AFAIK that’s typical of everyone who lives in a private home. I therefore cannot imagine how he would see their vehicles still parked and not know they have to be in the vicinity of his home.

Also, his casual, nonchalant attitude when the police arrive.

Whether or not they OD’d or froze to death. And if they froze to death it could easily be that they were drugged enough to not realize what was happening to them. But to me it does not compute that the homeowner/renter was completely oblivious to his friends just vanishing, not if the cars were still there.

IMO
(((((Arkay)))))

Notification of FB Messages, Seen but Message Not Necessarily Read?
<--- Editted this subject line.
I'm not even sure about that. My cell phone pings with notifications on the top left of the screen; I can swipe it downwards and it will list all the notifications that I have (phone program updates, voicemails, messenger messages, facebook messages etc) as in "you have 5 new facebook messages" in bold print. I can then press on that and it takes me to my facebook messages page where the new messages are listed downwards from most recent to oldest.

Just tested it with my husband who sent me a message on facebook. I opened up my phone and did the above, but did not actually "click" on the message to open and read it ... but his screen shows "message seen". I imagine other phones would read something like "message received", but that does not neccesarily mean "message read".

Really, I did "see" it, but I sure didn't open it to read it.
@Vern Thank you so much for checking this.

Sorry to be FB-ignorant & a soc-media bozo, but I do not use FB, etc, so I'm curious.
My cell is an ancient android and when pressed, I have to admit - it's so old, it was a prototype used by Alexander Graham Bell himself ;)

On your ^ notifications list,^ what INFO does ea entry display?
FB-a/c name? Phone number? Time of contact? What?
Does ea. entry show the contactor's ACTUAL NAME?

Even if each entry shows an actual name, that would not necessarily be a name that host JW would RECOGNIZE as, say, a fiancee, a GF, relative or stepmother of one of his guests.

Of course, that also assumes that JW's cell or other device was TURNED ON.
And that he HEARD an incoming message signal/tone.

And what about notifications for messages other than FB?

@Vern ? Anyone, TiA

Last edited:
also reminds me of a case i did at the OCME; young guy who was drinking with friends, passed out outside on the front lawn, and died of alcohol poisoning. his friends drew a...male appendage on his back in permanent marker and left him there, because they thought he was just passed out.
but i dont believe alcohol will be the COD in this case.
People are laughing?? This happened to my brother, his beer was dosed he passed out and had appendages drawn on his back and chest. Thank God he lived. Not funny.

On your ^ notifications list,^ what INFO does ea entry display?
FB-a/c name? Phone number? Time of contact? What?
Does ea. entry show the contactor's ACTUAL NAME?
This is my current notifications list -- FB messenger will show whatever names were chosen in that particular chat (in this case, inside jokes) and text messages will show the name you've saved in your contacts list.

Attachments

• notifications.jpg
    notifications.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 40
The thing that really bothers me is the messages sent to this man, by numerous people and numerous times for days were viewed by someone who had his phone (common sense would lead one to believe it was him but...?) but were never answered. Doesn't that seem strange? It does to me.
It does not seem strange to me. On Monday, he could have likely had a hangover, 'saw' the messages but didn't really read them or assumed it was drama and did not want to get involved. Maybe the men were known for disappearing, and he did not want to be questioned by parents and girlfriends in case he said something he shouldn't have.
When I have an assignment to finish, I ignore calls and messages. It might show up I have 'read' the message, but it is normally a case of opening it to get rid of the notification. When I am done with my assignments, I go back and read them.
JMO

Interesting information here. I wonder if any of the men were undressed at all. If so, it could be a sign of hypothermia as opposed to overdosing.

Drinking and going out in the cold is a worse combination than just being in the cold.

Clearly toxicology (I think) is going to tell the tale but one never knows.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member