MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Did Fiance Go thru Window to Enter House?

snipped for focus @Forest_Wood Thanks for your post.
Someone here said - In the process of doing that, fiance could have been shot. Maybe seriously injured or killed?

Could have been shot whether just lifting off screen & popping the window latch or actually breaking glass.

Yes, breaking in thru window seems like an act of desperation.
imo
Maybe she believed JW wasn't home.

After all, people had tried to get in touch with him and even knocked on his door. So, lack of responsiveness could be interpreted as him not even being there.

Maybe she could not be satisfied until she personally checked the house, but didn't know for sure if her fiance was even there even if sounds like his car was parked outside. So, maybe she didn't want to call the cops on what might just be an empty house, but she just had to be sure so she broke into the house.

True. That would have left noticeable tracks.
What if it snowed after the fact. I know no one can count on this, but if it did... Tracks (if there were any) covered. In fact, evidence of whatever happened (which i have no idea what really happened) could be covered.

If the ground was hard before the snow, maybe tracks would not be left (i don't know what the ground was like, i don't live anywhere near there).

Why Did Fiance Go thru Window to Enter House?

snipped for focus @Forest_Wood Thanks for your post.
Someone here said - In the process of doing that, fiance could have been shot. Maybe seriously injured or killed?

Could have been shot whether just lifting off screen & popping the window latch or actually breaking glass.

Yes, breaking in thru window seems like an act of desperation.
imo
It's as if she knew she would find them inside, but had no fear of a natural cause (gas/furnace leak), or someone with a gun inside ... so many possibilities would be going through a person's mind -- unless she suspected the cause to begin with. MOO.

It's as if she knew she would find them inside, but had no fear of a natural cause (gas/furnace leak), or someone with a gun inside ... so many possibilities would be going through a person's mind -- unless she suspected the cause to begin with. MOO.
Yes. When you put it that way, why not think of carbon monoxide leak, home invasion hostage situation. It’s as if drugs came to mind.

I do know a patron of ours was sent home in a cab we payed and then the cab dropped him at the end of driveway he layed down, went to sleep and froze. these guys probably super intoxicated turned the wrong way ended up in fenced back yard and couldn't figure it out

I know someone who.committed suicide. His ex-wife called the police because he was not answering the door or her calls. The police officer gained entry to the house. He told her to stay outside and inspected the house himself and found the man who had died. So, in some states, police can break into houses if given a good reason. This happened in Georgia though so idk about Missouri.

I just think the fiancee knew JW as well, thought he wasn't home BUT if he turned out to be there, she knew he would not shoot her or react in a terribly hostile manner so she didn't call the police until she was certain she needed them. If he got upset about the window and her being there (say no one had died and there was no reason for her to be there) maybe she knew he would accept an apology and some $$ to fix the window.

I do know a patron of ours was sent home in a cab we payed and then the cab dropped him at the end of driveway he layed down, went to sleep and froze. these guys probably super intoxicated turned the wrong way ended up in fenced back yard and couldn't figure it out
Omg, that's terrible.

That’s tragic, and I heard similar happened to a girl whose friends got her a ride home. I guess the moral is, make sure they get inside.

After all, people had tried to get in touch with him and even knocked on his door. So, lack of responsiveness could be interpreted as him not even being there.

Maybe she could not be satisfied until she personally checked the house, but didn't know for sure if her fiance was even there even if sounds like his car was parked outside. So, maybe she didn't want to call the cops on what might just be an empty house, but she just had to be sure so she broke into the house.

That's a risky thing to assume these days. Our first approach to unwanted people at the front door is to lay low and see what they do next (it rarely happens). Only ONE time did someone try the door (long story but revealed risk to us).

In this case, I think the girlfriend likely had digital evidence of the last pings of the phone of her boyfriend (JMO; no source; using common sense and common practice). I suppose she ought to have called police at that point - but would they have come? We all know circumstances in which unless there's proof of criminality, police don't come. I don't know what I would have done in her situation. Indeed, I would be likely to try one of those two gates on either side of the house - but the outcome would have been the same.

I think she really believed her guy was at that house and had a digital trail. She then thinks that JW is ignoring FB messages and it goes from there. A modern tale of tragedy. If I thought my friend's phone was still on his person (which it probably was) and it went dead in or around someone's house, for sure I'd be agitated.

IMO.

According to this news item, Clayton McGeeney was found sitting up in a chair on the patio. So at least he wasn't lying down on the ground. Don't know about the other two deceased. That suggests to me that CM being outside was a voluntary action on his part.
I sorry but I do not see anywhere in this article where it said anyone was "sitting up in a chair"
Can you please post the news phrase for me??
I am trying to keep notes and could not find it.
TIA

I have a collection of stories like that - not all from the US, btw. Your scenario is certainly possible. LE is probably thinking the same. We await the toxicology reports - hopefully we can keep each other from getting too impatient.

Bbm.
Good points !

I don't understand why a woman who suspected the worst would break into someone's home without calling the police for a wellness check. To me, it seems like she suspected something bad had happened, yet was not comfortable letting the police handle it, possibly because she knew there were drugs involved imo. I imagine she would have noticed her fiancé's vehicle parked on the street before breaking in too. People don't just randomly break in to others' homes like that instead of letting the police handle it. I mean, there could have been a gas leak in the home for all she knew but she decides to break in. Peculiar. MOO.
Maybe she wasn’t all that aware of anything like a “wellness check”.
Some people are independent like that. This is the Midwest, and the South is very similar. There’s an old term called rugged individualism, which is a trait still ingrained in our culture.

She also already knew her fiancés car was still there. She probably knew him well, and knew something was wrong. She also knew that he wasn’t responding to her phone calls and texts.
Maybe that was completely out of character for him.
Some people are just the type to take action, rather than depend on someone else to do it for them. She loved her fiancé, was worried about him, and was trying to find him, and that’s what she did. She’s a hero as far as I’m concerned, and I admire her for her courage and bravery. JMO

Moving Bodies After Death?
The question re their dying inside but being moved outside, would be why law enforcement was unable to determine this. Or were they?
Believable though because I just read a case where a girl died of fentanyl poisoning at a party. Her mother found her dead in her bed in the morning— but it turned out that to deflect criminal culpability, party goers had moved her dead body from the party house to the bedroom of her own home.
@SMK777 Good point about moving bodies. Well, a possibility.

I wonder if there were tracks in snow, indicating dragging?

Or perhaps Livor Mortis* indicated bodies were moved?
"... can also be used by forensic investigators to determine whether or not a body has been moved. For instance, if the body is found lying prone, but the pooling is present on the deceased's back, investigators can conclude that the body was originally positioned supine.[4] The colour of the pooling can help in determining cause of death. Carbon monoxide poisoning causes a red colouration."

IF LE released info about bodies being moved or if they think that (may have) happened, I missed it.

@SMK777? Anyone?

Last edited:
Fiancee Breaking in. Why?

@December Thanks for responding.:)

Okay, maybe fiancee thought resident was not at home but fiance was there. A good point that had not occurred to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen