MO - Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not see, though, that violence and hatred are exactly the things being protested?

People have a right to be angry and afraid over what happened to this young man, and to protest to show that.

A crowd of any color, already emotional over an emotional issue, should NOT be provoked by the presence of "police" in gear and vehicles that look straight out of a war zone. They should not be provoked into further anger by having SNIPERS aiming weapons at them.

There are many LE departments across this country who should be made to answer for their practices. Ferguson is but one of them. The answer is NOT to treat protestors and civil disobedience (ie, sitting in the street, gathering at the police station, reusing to move from a sidewalk) as enemy combatants and acts of terrorism. The answer is to hear the concerns, acknowledge the concerns an the anger, and give answers and solutions to the people of the community who they are suppose to protect and serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure I do! I have never stated otherwise. I agree, people have a right to "peacefully" protest. I believe 100% in the constitution. I want a full investigation and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. Just like anyone else. Unfortunately all of the demonstrations haven't been peaceful. People don't have the right to loot, vandalize, burn, beat people senseless (I don't care how angry). Instead of looting and vandalizing they could try boycotting. I stand by my statement that violence and hate should not be tolerated.

I think this all makes sense, and is true. Witnesses see struggle with cop at the car, they are involved in an altercation, and Brown wasn't shot until he was moving away from the car. This is exactly what I always thought happened - that there was a physical altercation at the cop car window and a struggle for the cop's gun, and the gun went off, and after the officer won by securing his weapon he shot Michael Brown several times as he was attempting to escape the altercation with his hands up.

I saw her tweet. :eek:

I think the feds will take it from here. They should, imo

Yes. St. Louis County should have no part whatsover to do with even the investigation. They may not have a choice if McCulloch doesn't voluntarily concede it.

The other interesting thing in that Post article...Black Panthers are helping direct traffic. I think it will be a quiet night tonight.

Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery
Source confirms @JulianCummings scoop: name of officer who killed Michael Brown will be released tomorrow. #Ferguson

I wonder why people are still trying to drive through there. It seems the roads could be closed to vehicle traffic and pedestrians would be allowed to gather peacefully. That's certainly what you do for street festivals or community events. There's no call to have cars trying to drive through the heart of the demonstrations. That just invites even the most innocent accidental injury.

Public roads are public roads, open to vehicular traffic.Sidewalks and crosswalks are for pedestrians.

IIUC, (gen'ly in US) street fair or community event organizers normally
must go thru prescribed channels w city or county offices to apply for street closures,
in part to reduce danger to their participants - often pedestrians.

Did anyone apply for a permit/license/whatever in Ferguson for tonight or any past days or evenings?

Why would pedestrians anywhere think they can just walk,
singly, pairs, or in crowds/groups/mobs on public streets, at no danger to selves?

That said, if I were an area resident, I'd not opt to drive in a neighborhood where protests were predicted. Ditto tornados.

Yes. St. Louis County should have no part whatsover to do with even the investigation. They may not have a choice if McCulloch doesn't voluntarily concede it.

The other interesting thing in that Post article...Black Panthers are helping direct traffic. [B]I think it will be a quiet night tonight.
[/B]
That would be fabulous.

Sure I do! I have never stated otherwise. I agree, people have a right to "peacefully" protest. I believe 100% in the constitution. I want a full investigation and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. Just like anyone else. Unfortunately all of the demonstrations haven't been peaceful. People don't have the right to loot, vandalize, burn, beat people senseless (I don't care how angry). Instead of looting and vandalizing they could try boycotting. I stand by my statement that violence and hate should not be tolerated.

I think everyone agrees with you about the violence and hate. No one questions their contribution towards the violence. The question is, do you (and I mean a generic you, not for YOU to answer) not tolerate the violence and hate perpetuated by the police department as well? Do you (not YOU) acknowledge that the police department's actions also contributed to cause that violence that you speak of.

I think this all makes sense, and is true. Witnesses see struggle with cop at the car, they are involved in an altercation, and Brown wasn't shot until he was moving away from the car. This is exactly what I always thought happened - that there was a physical altercation at the cop car window and a struggle for the cop's gun, and the gun went off, and after the officer won by securing his weapon he shot Michael Brown several times as he was attempting to escape the altercation with his hands up.

I'm assuming under that scenario the cop had some reason to draw his gun on Brown then? No way he was struggling for the gun before it's drawn on him. My beliefs at this very early juncture, without knowing more facts, aren't much different than yours. I just don't think there was a struggle for the gun. If anything was involved, it was a struggle to not get shot.

I think everyone agrees with you about the violence and hate. No one questions their contribution towards the violence. The question is, do you (and I mean a generic you, not for YOU to answer) not tolerate the violence and hate perpetuated by the police department as well? Do you (not YOU) acknowledge that the police department's actions also contributed to cause that violence that you speak of.

It is a 2 way street of course. Too much disrespect and hating from both sides. We cannot ignore that cops are targets too. Many cops are being shot, point blank in their patrol cars, or in restaurants, randomly. So they are on edge as well. They are going to be hyper-vigilant and perhaps over reacting because of this recent upsurge of cop killings. jmo

watching it now, seen the whole thing.

no idea why anyone would doubt this woman after seeing this.

she didnt know him, didnt live there, was just there to pick up an employee.

I agree. A business woman with no agenda. She is very credible. imo

I'm assuming under that scenario the cop had some reason to draw his gun on Brown then? No way he was struggling for the gun before it's drawn on him. My beliefs at this very early juncture, without knowing more facts, aren't much different than yours. I just don't think there was a struggle for the gun. If anything was involved, it was a struggle to not get shot.

IF, and I say IF because who knows, but if the cop had a bruised face and an eye swollen shut, then how did that happen? It does not seem to fit with the story I am hearing from the 4 witnesses.

Public roads are public roads, open to vehicular traffic.Sidewalks and crosswalks are for pedestrians.

IIUC, (gen'ly in US) street fair or community event organizers normally
must go thru prescribed channels w city or county offices to apply for street closures,
in part to reduce danger to their participants - often pedestrians.

Did anyone apply for a permit/license/whatever in Ferguson for tonight or any past days or evenings?

Why would pedestrians anywhere think they can just walk,
singly, pairs, or in crowds/groups/mobs on public streets, at no danger to selves?

That said, if I were an area resident, I'd not opt to drive in a neighborhood where protests were predicted. Ditto tornados.

You cannot be serious? A permit? The absolutely last thing ANYONE there is concerned about for tonight is people walking in the street. I'm gonna bet no one gets cited for having an organized event on public streets without obtaining a permit.

I imagine as the days pass, they will reign people back in and start keeping them off the street. Wiser minds have determined, apparently properly so, that simply letting people participate in the streets will end a highly combustible situation. Small price to pay to restore order.

Cincinnati Police Chief Blackwell was just interviewed on CNN (on cable, so no link) and he said something that I find very interesting. He said he & Al Sharpton had a conversation recently and Sharpton told him "If law enforcement calls me and asks me to come to their city to speak, then they don't have a good relationship with their community."

I agree.

i wish lawrence odonnell had asked tiffany if she had been interviewed by LE yet, anyone know if she has?

watching it now, seen the whole thing.

no idea why anyone would doubt this woman after seeing this.

she didnt know him, didnt live there, was just there to pick up an employee.

How do you know this? I didn't see that within that thread. Did I not scroll far enough?

IF, and I say IF because who knows, but if the cop had a bruised face and an eye swollen shut, then how did that happen? It does not seem to fit with the story I am hearing from the 4 witnesses.

Do you want my honest opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members