MO - Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict that before this is over the whole town will claim they witnessed the shooting

And if they're stories are consistent with the known physical facts, maybe they did. Besides that, I don't think this is a "new" witness. I have seen her name bantied about before though I hadn't seen so much detail and never heard she was picking up an employee.

IF, and I say IF because who knows, but if the cop had a bruised face and an eye swollen shut, then how did that happen? It does not seem to fit with the story I am hearing from the 4 witnesses.

sure it does, dorian says the door was thrown open and then slammed back shut - that could have caused it.

all the witnesses say the two were struggling thru the window for some amount of time - could have happened incidentally during that.

Was that interview just now on TV? I'm not seeing a link for the interview. I'm obviously not at a TV either.

I predict that before this is over the whole town will claim they witnessed the shooting

wow what would make you say that? something specific about the people in that town? or do you think that happens all the time?

what do you think of the witnessess that have come forward so far? do you believe they really saw it? do you think their accounts are truthful?

thanx for any reply.

sure it does, dorian says the door was thrown open and then slammed back shut - that could have caused it.

all the witnesses say the two were struggling thru the window for some amount of time - could have happened incidentally during that.

I dont think the door shutting is going to injure the cops face. More likely the kid punched him. jmo

I dont think the door shutting is going to injure the cops face. More likely the kid punched him. jmo

well that certainly is possible, and there are other possible ways it could have happened that do not contradict any witness statements.

There is a long political story behind all of that. In fact, a state senator who was at the protests the past few days, on twitter, literally, and I mean literally, said "Fu** off Governor". If McCulloch isn't careful, he may lose his job if he comes out too strong against peace being brought to the area. His ways certainly did not work.
BBM

reedus23
Thank you for your input in this thread and your local insight, esp. w your experience & contact w metro area LE.
But I'm puzzled about a couple things above.

BBM1
IIUC, St.L. County prosecutor is elected by popular vote. Lose his job how?
What faction would work against a public official coming out 'too strong against peace'?
Honestly, I don't understand.

BBM2
What are/were 'the ways' of St.L. County prosecutor McCollough? What did he do?
-- Did he order City of Ferguson Chief of Police & PD officers to do something or not do something? Or advise them?
Are City of Ferguson LEOs under his control?
-- Did he fail to bring criminal charges against City of Ferguson LEO who shot the teen quickly enough?
Should he have made the charging decision same day as the shooting?
--Something else?

Perhaps more background would help us understand the comments.
Or maybe others from the ShowMe state can enlighten us.
Thx in adv.

I think everyone agrees with you about the violence and hate. No one questions their contribution towards the violence. The question is, do you (and I mean a generic you, not for YOU to answer) not tolerate the violence and hate perpetuated by the police department as well? Do you (not YOU) acknowledge that the police department's actions also contributed to cause that violence that you speak of.

This seems to be a baited question so I can be pounced on down stream but it's fine. If it is found that the police officer is guilty of a crime, as I said before (throw the book at him). I don't think necessarily the officer was acting with hate, maybe incompetence, I don't know for sure, but hopefully all will come out. I'm not sure of the "violence and hate" you refer to perpetuated by the police department. Maybe there is something I don't know about and you could clarify.

Possibly from the door of his vehicle slamming back at him. Michael Brown pushed the door back at him...according to the (friend) witness D. Johnson.

Depends on the position of the window. I do not think that Michael Brown punched him at all.

You cannot be serious? A permit? The absolutely last thing ANYONE there is concerned about for tonight is people walking in the street. I'm gonna bet no one gets cited for having an organized event on public streets without obtaining a permit.

I imagine as the days pass, they will reign people back in and start keeping them off the street. Wiser minds have determined, apparently properly so, that simply letting people participate in the streets will end a highly combustible situation. Small price to pay to restore order.

Sorry, was not suggesting LE will be issuing tix or arresting ppl wrt lack of permit.

Someone posted - why weren't streets closed off for the protestors, so pedestrians don't get hurt.
Somebody(maybe on another site) asked - well, why are ppl driving on these streets thru the protest area.

Captain Obvious was noting some ppl don't seem to be following usual social/legal protocols.

I hope the wiser minds' thoughts about the current situation turn out to be right. Hoping for no further violence, LE or civvy.
Again thanks for your knowledge & local input.

Possibly from the door of his vehicle slamming back at him. Michael Brown pushed the door back at him...according to the (friend) witness D. Johnson.

I don't think that is possible. The witness said that the door only opened a couple of inches, then bounced back. How would the cop get his face in the way if it only opened a couple of inches? His eye was swollen shut, reportedly.

Thank you for your input in this thread and your local insight, esp. w your experience & contact w metro area LE.
But I'm puzzled about a couple things above.

No. The thanks belong to y'all. I so enjoy it here at websleuths. We can disagree on issues but do so without demeaning each other. I don't think I added anything, but y'all were patient with me, allowing me to just get some things off of my chest.

IIUC, St.L. County prosecutor is elected by popular vote. Lose his job how?
What faction would work against a public official coming out 'too strong against peace'?
Honestly, I don't understand.

I meant simply in the next election. Though, through political pressure, we have had others resign their post as well. This is going to be a black eye on McCulloch, who frankly was already in a somewhat tenuous position politically anyways. Regarding the faction...I might have mispoken. I'm not sure. I meant to say that McCulloch is blasting Nixon for taking matters out of St. Louis County's hands and for denigrating the County PD. While I get his desire to want to defend his officers, it appears Nixon's way brought peace, the approach McCulloch is defending brought what we saw last night. He will have a difficult way of it politically for having come out too strong against Nixon and which will be spun into the peace that was brought.

What are/were 'the ways' of St.L. County prosecutor McCollough? What did he do?
-- Did he order City of Ferguson Chief of Police & PD officers to do something or not do something? Or advise them?
Are City of Ferguson LEOs under his control?

Two fold: By his comments, he was defending the approach taken by the St. Louis County PD and adopting them as the appropriate way to handle things. Maybe I should have said the approach McCulloch is defending as opposed to saying McCulloch's way. Is that better?
I am assuming the rest of your questions are rhetorical and for effect. Obviously I wasn't talking about the decision to bring charges. We don't know where that is going. It is naive though, given the political climate and given his statements, to think that he might not receive some political blowback for all of this.

Look, I obviously don't know what will happen. I'm obviously not a soothsayer. Hell, I'm certainly not a politician though I've certainly been asked to give to enough of them. But if I had to interpret the pulse of things based on people I interact with, I do believe that Belmar will have a hard time keeping his job. McCulloch may keep it but it won't be without struggle.

I don't think that is possible. The witness said that the door only opened a couple of inches, then bounced back. How would the cop get his face in the way if it only opened a couple of inches? His eye was swollen shut, reportedly.

you think it is impossible for someone getting out of a car or suv to have the door slam shut on them and hit them in the face? could not possibly have happened?

Would really have to see the LE vehicle. But if the officer was posturing to get out and give chase, it is possible that he may have been injured by the edge/corner of the door frame. It really depends on the position of his head/face in relation to the door. But it is possible. I have seen that happen in everyday life..accidently, of course. "Reportedly" is the operative word. I don't think that the kid punched him. Has anyone seen this officer's "reportedly" swollen eye? Anyone see that yet?

well that certainly is possible, and there are other possible ways it could have happened that do not contradict any witness statements.

It could be anything and difficult to speculate without seeing the injuries. So if you say it, it's probably possible. Door. Fist. Jackson. Wife. Elbow. Head.

Has this been confirmed by LE or is this a rumor btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member