MO - Grief and protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, was not suggesting LE will be issuing tix or arresting ppl wrt lack of permit.

Someone posted - why weren't streets closed off for the protestors, so pedestrians don't get hurt.
Somebody(maybe on another site) asked - well, why are ppl driving on these streets thru the protest area.

Captain Obvious was noting some ppl don't seem to be following usual social/legal protocols.

I hope the wiser minds' thoughts about the current situation turn out to be right. Hoping for no further violence, LE or civvy.
Again thanks for your knowledge & local input.

Thanks and sorry if I jumped to quick there. I re-read what I typed and that came off way strong. My apologies to you.

It could be anything and difficult to speculate without seeing the injuries. So if you say it, it's probably possible. Door. Fist. Jackson. Wife. Elbow. Head.

Has this been confirmed by LE or is this a rumor btw?

the only thing said regarding it that i have heard is the police chief said that the officer had some swelling in his face and was treated at the emergency room after the incident.

the only thing said regarding it that i have heard is the police chief said that the officer had some swelling in his face and was treated at the emergency room after the incident.

So that actually came from the Chief's mouth. Thanks. I had only seen the claims on twitter that the chief said it but I never did get around to verifying the source to see if it was legitimate. Thanks liljim.

you think it is impossible for someone getting out of a car or suv to have the door slam shut on them and hit them in the face? could not possibly have happened?

Not if the door only opened a couple of inches, which is what the witness said. A door cant 'slam shut on your face' if it only opened 2 inches before it bounced back, imo.

Yes. St. Louis County should have no part whatsover to do with even the investigation. They may not have a choice if McCulloch doesn't voluntarily concede it.

The other interesting thing in that Post article...Black Panthers are helping direct traffic. I think it will be a quiet night tonight.

RBBM Rabble rousers directing traffic. Crazy!

Not if the door only opened a couple of inches, which is what the witness said. A door cant 'slam shut on your face' if it only opened 2 inches before it bounced back, imo.

where are you getting "slammed shut on his face" from? all it had to do was make contact hard enough to cause swelling, and we dont even know the degree of swelling.

taking the witness statements about the door to imply that the door only opened exactly 2 inches or less is very literal and certainly not warranted.

im surprised anyone would claim that it is impossible for an suv door (seems clear from all the video out now that it was an suv) to come back and hit someone in the face and cause swelling.

got a car? go outside right now and open it two inches and put your face right next to it, then have someone push it closed hard... let me know how that works out for you ;)

regardless, any contact could still very well have been incidental, nobody denies that they were in an altercation.

you choose to believe it is more likely that the kid attacked him and punched him in the face. you are entitled to think that.

reedus23;10859700]No. The thanks belong to y'all. I so enjoy it here at websleuths. We can disagree on issues but do so without demeaning each other. I don't think I added anything, but y'all were patient with me, allowing me to just get some things off of my chest.
I meant simply in the next election....
Okay, I wondered if you meant something else.

.... the approach McCulloch is defending brought what we saw last night....
Sorry, I've missed coverage of McC commenting on this situation.

Two fold: By his comments, he was defending the approach taken by the St. Louis County PD and adopting them as the appropriate way to handle things. ...
Again, missed seeing that McC said anything about this.
Thanks for your insight. Ditto the other local-ish posters.
Hoping for peaceful resolution for this awful situation, and justice for all involved. RIP MB.

I agree. People most certainly do get injured by car/SUV doors....including facial and eye injuries. Just watched a repeat of the new witness' statement...very credible and extremely chilling. She is very courageous.

Blackwell knows what he's talking about...I'm in Cincinnati, the town seems to feel obligated to riot way too often...and it's almost always claiming police brutality. As a retired telephone company manager who worked in the area...I've met several aggressive and dishonest officers and it's sad that until 50, I innocently thought the police were the good guys. Not always and I'd never believe their excuse instead of a number of witnesses. IMO, he knew it was a bad kill, there are lots of ways to get a bruise and swollen face without it being caused by the victim..especially when you (the cop) know what you did and are desperate to find an excuse. ^i^

regardless, any contact could still very well have been incidental, nobody denies that they were in an altercation.

you choose to believe it is more likely that the kid attacked him and punched him in the face. you are entitled to think that.

I worked at a high school in South Central LA for 10 yrs. So I might not be too 'objective' when I try and decide if teens might embellish their stories or act out against authority in a physical way. :facepalm:

The officer drove away but stopped and backed up, almost hitting the pair, Johnson said. He said he wasn't sure what prompted the officer to return. Johnson told MSNBC the officer said something to the effect of "What'd you say?"

"We were so close, almost inches away, that when he tried to open his door aggressively, the door ricocheted both off me and Big Mike's body and closed back on the officer," Johnson said.

<<<<<<snipped article>>>>>>

The preliminary investigation showed that the officer tried to exit his vehicle, but Brown pushed him back into the car, "where he physically assaulted the police officer" and struggled over the officer's weapon, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said.

A shot was fired inside the police car, Belmar said. After the incident, the officer was taken to an area hospital, where he was treated for a "swollen face," according to Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson.

The story doesn't jibe with at least three witness accounts.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/14/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-5-things/index.html

This officer has reason to misstate how this occurred..

I have no reason to disbelieve the three witnesses that corroborate what DJ has stated..

But this officer has reason to make up a damn scenario, since he's in CYA mode..

Or this is how he perceived the door flinging back into his face...

Still, even if this did occur anyway you (general you) believe, once Mike Brown got his hands raised, going to his knees, the officer emptied his weapon into him. So even if anyone believes Mike Brown, never arrested, never fought, would choose an officer to fight, one must be disgusted at the fact of this officer executing Mike Brown as he surrendered..that is troubling to me..

There is little clarity on what occurred during Saturday's incident. Police have said that Brown struggled with the officer who shot and killed him. The officer involved in the shooting was injured during the incident and was treated in a hospital for swelling on the side of his face, they said.

But some witnesses have said that Brown held up his hands and was surrendering when he was shot several times in the head and chest.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...police-name-20140814-story.html#ixzz3ASWiZDXT

The bolded portion is very troubling for me..

I hope the ME's report will shed light on what is alleged....

If the cop was INSIDE the patrol car and there was an altercation then in my mind it could ONLY be instigated by the person outside of the car.

I also don't think it is at all likely the cop was bashed in the face with the door unless he was trying to PUSH the door open with his head/face before exiting the vehicle, most folks use their hand/arm to push open their car door, they don't lead with their face.

If it is true that the officer had a black/swollen eye that makes the door scenario even MORE unbelievable.

I also don't find that witness (the one who was picking up HER employee) to be all that credible, she states the first thing she did AFTER this was start calling everyone she knew including a few news stations. She also states that the suspect laid on the ground unattended and it took 30 minutes for an ambulance to arrive, if she was concerned why didn't she call an ambulance herself while waiting? Or ask someone else to call? Seems to me if one is CONCERNED they would at least TRY and that try would be recorded!

What is the percentage of blacks vs whites who live in Ferguson?

Are there more whites living there and the AAs are in the small minority?

Media around here have been quoting the statistic of about 70% AA in the community.

JUST IN: The name of the #Ferguson police officer who shot and killed #MichaelBrown will be released at 9 a.m. today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222