MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading thru the discussion from overnight about the gunshot residue, washing the body, timing of the first and second autopsies, etc. I wanted to share my recollections about this.

- MB died Aug 9. Body went directly to county ME from scene.

- First autopsy by county ME Dr. Mary Case, Sunday, Aug 10, or possibly Aug 11- Monday (I think-- will have to check for citation)

- Shawn Parcells says he was contacted Aug 13. (previously cited)

- Daryl Parks said in an interview Aug 15 (Friday) that the second autopsy was completed (preciously cited), which means the funeral home had the body AT LEAST as early as Aug 15, and possibly sooner.

- Parks, Parcells, and Dr. Baden ALL confirm that the funeral home DID NOT have a refrigerator to preserve the body, and that embalming was necessary. I'd sure think so, after 6 days and one autopsy, with the body not embalmed, with no refrigeration immediately available at funeral home site, means something HAD to be done right away after the funeral home received the body. I'm sure the body was refrigerated after autopsy #1 at the morgue, and up until the funeral home took possession.

- Shawn Parcells says he took photographs, and other "preliminary work" (lol--I'd love to see how "preliminary work" is defined"), because the body had to be embalmed (due to no refrigeration), and embalming can alter the appearance of gunshot wounds

- Dr. Baden himself says he did not arrive from NY to MO until Sunday, Aug 17.

- I think it would be preposterous to think a funeral home without a refrigerator for bodies would leave a body, already over a week old, with one previous autopsy, to sit at "room temperature".

- There is no question in my mind that MB's body HAD to be embalmed within a few very short hours of arrival at the funeral home, and in advance of Dr. Baden's arrival on Sunday. Whatever was done to the body at the funeral home before Dr. Baden's arrival was done by Parcells and the funeral home staff. IMO.

**ETA:
Which also begs the question that has been bugging me, WHY didn't the family, with the guidance of their experienced attorneys, and the guidance of the eminent Dr. Baden, choose a funeral home WITH refrigeration capabilities??? Especially since the "second autopsy" was being talked about almost immediately after MB's death! I"m just kind of incredulous about that-- choosing a funeral home without a refrigerator, when a second, and a third autopsy were actively being talked about. Poor decisions, IMO. Or poor communication. Or something.

I'm thinking only embalming was done b/c of the refrigeration issues, and that no "cleaning was performed" in anticipation of another autopsy. But unfortunately there has been some stupid decisions made, the most significant being the hiring of "Fraud-essor"

I too hope for the family's sake, and for Baden's that he didn't do anything more than take pictures prior to Baden's arrival. He's already jeopardized the results with his lack of qualifications, passing himself off as an expert, and his "the arms are very moveable" theory.

Baden only refers to embalming, and when questioned about GSR, he states, "I didn't have the clothing," he doesn't add, and the decedent was embalmed and cleaned at the funeral home.

I'm thinking only embalming was done b/c of the refrigeration issues, and that no "cleaning was performed" in anticipation of another autopsy. But unfortunately there has been some stupid decisions made, the most significant being the hiring of "Fraud-essor"

I too hope for the family's sake, and for Baden's that he didn't do anything more than take pictures prior to Baden's arrival. He's already jeopardized the results with his lack of qualifications, passing himself off as an expert, and his "the arms are very moveable" theory.

Baden only refers to embalming, and when questioned about GSR, he states, "I didn't have the clothing," he doesn't add, and the decedent was embalmed and cleaned at the funeral home.

Why does he need clothing to check for GSR on the hand?

The rounds are quick and MB goes down before OW's brain catches up to the fact that the threat has been taken down.

My belief is the first four shots were going too far to the left in large part due to the attack OW just suffered. At least one witness has said that, that MB turned around and was coming towards OW and the officer fired BUT it seemed he was missing (he wasn't missing, he just wasn't hitting center mass).

He was only giving the assailant (MB) flesh wounds, and MB was coming at him fast and furious, finally starting to bend over as MB prepared to tackle OW to the ground.

OW managed to land the last two shots, the head shots, as the assailant got close enough.

My husband is an auto mechanic and was drug tested for his job. My friend who delivers vendor goods to grocery stores was drug tested. Both drive other people's vehicles so my guess is that it's an insurance thing. I worked retail and was also drug tested despite having more than twenty years with the company when the policy was introduced. Drug testing is more common than not, especially when potential liability is involved. All MOO

ETA: This was in response to the conversation about whether someone working in heating and air condition would be drug tested. Sorry, I forgot to quote.

Why does he need clothing to check for GSR on the hand?

He doesn't, and even though his clothing is likely to have GSR, it won't prove./disprove anything about the head shots. That's why IMO evidence of stippling near those wounds would prove more relevant, as many eyewitnesses claimed MB was shot at point blank range.

Specifically DJ

Brown made it past the third car. Then, “blam!” the officer took his second shot, striking Brown in the back. At that point, Johnson says Brown stopped, turned with his hands up and said “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!”

By that point, Johnson says the officer and Brown were face-to-face. The officer then fired several more shots. Johnson described watching Brown go from standing with his hands up to crumbling to the ground and curling into a fetal position.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/eyewitness-michael-brown-fatal-shooting-missouri

Much has been proven wrong with his statement.

What I am not understanding about this Parcells guy is that nobody seems ta actually have taken him to task for fraudulent reports. After all, he is actually working for prosecutors. When testifying on the stand for the trials, did he inflate his credentials under oath? The only part that I do believe from him is that it's done all the time. I couldn't tell you how many times I took my Mother, or even myself to the emergency room and got bills from Doctors who had never been in the room and never even met. My Mother was elderly and I went where she went. Every test, x-ray, scan or consult. So when someone is deceased Lord only knows what truly happens

JMO's

I am trying to catch up on posts this morning. Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but Parcells assisted Dr Baden in the 2nd autopsy that MB's family ordered. In my opinion, Parcells is not working for the prosecutors.

My husband is an auto mechanic and was drug tested for his job. My friend who delivers vendor goods to grocery stores was drug tested. Both drive other people's vehicles so my guess is that it's an insurance thing. I worked retail and was also drug tested despite having more than twenty years with the company when the policy was introduced. Drug testing is more common than not, especially when potential liability is involved. All MOO

ETA: This was in response to the conversation about whether someone working in heating and air condition would be drug tested. Sorry, I forgot to quote.

My adult son has a BS in Software Engineering degree from a major university. Ten years ago he was drug tested when he started working for his current employer who designs software for automobile dealerships.

:please:

Please do not sleuth private members and friends of the family from this funeral. Unless this is a significant MSM report about someone you can comment otherwise give them a chance to grieve.

I believe the conversation was about being drug tested at a technical school, I could be wrong though.

Yes I am sure they would. HVAC guys would deal with natural gas lines and also electrical hookups, if they were high and messed up they could cause a house to blow up/get burned down cause multiple deaths etc.... HUGE liability.

Now the technical school likely couldn't care less, they are getting PAID to teach and don't need to worry about liability unless the students are using heavy machinery that could harm others.

:please:

Please do not sleuth private members and friends of the family from this funeral. Unless this is a significant MSM report about someone you can comment otherwise give them a chance to grieve.

:giggle: You know us all too well

I bet when you saw that funeral program you were :scared: Pinky promise, no sleuthing from me :peace:

I believe the conversation was about being drug tested at a technical school, I could be wrong though.

Originally, yes, but it evolved into the employment issue, or at least, that was my perception.

I am trying to catch up on posts this morning. Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but Parcells assisted Dr Baden in the 2nd autopsy that MB's family ordered. In my opinion, Parcells is not working for the prosecutors.

Right, in this case. But he's worked for prosecutors too, apparently, as Dr. Mary Case made a very critical comment about SP's unqualified testimony possibly sending innocent people to prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98