MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting. It looks like it's going to be a pretty long service.

Any word on how it looks on the outside of the church? Any protesters or are people being respectful?

I can't imagine anyone other than the repellant Phelps Clan being disrespectful there.

In my opinion, those with air conditioning certification would need to drive a company truck with a commercial driver's license.
"Commercial
d
rivers
l
icense -
a
dditional
a
dmissions
r
equirements
†
Must be 18 years old (21 years old preferable)
¡
Persons under the age of 21 completing training and entering
the field of Commercial Driving will have fewer opportunities to
find employment in an interstate driving position. Those under
the age of 21 should consider employment options and discuss
possible employment opportunities with admissions personnel
prior to enrolling. Persons age 21 and older with no experience
may also experience employment limitations and should inquire
with admissions personnel regarding this issue prior to enrollment.
†
Must be able to meet the Department of Transportation (DOT)
physical requirements.
†
Must provide a current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
†
Must provide a state certified birth certificate.
†
Must have held a valid U.S. Driver’s License for the past 36 mo
nths
Must never have had a DUI or DWI and/or refused to submit to an
alcohol test.
†
No felony convictions.
†
Must have a valid operator’s license.
†
Must submit to a finger printing background check.
†
Be drug free and consent to random drug testing.
†
Must be alcohol free during training and consent to random alcohol
testing.

†
Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.

http://www.vatterott.edu/documents/catalogs/springfield.pdf

I can't imagine anyone other than the repellant Phelps Clan being disrespectful there.

As far as they are concerned they get what they get. If I was police I might need to tie my shoe and adjust my belt before stopping anything.
Though I cant see true supporters of OW being disrespectful today.

My belief is the first four shots were going too far to the left in large part due to the attack OW just suffered. At least one witness has said that, that MB turned around and was coming towards OW and the officer fired BUT it seemed he was missing (he wasn't missing, he just wasn't hitting center mass).

He was only giving the assailant (MB) flesh wounds, and MB was coming at him fast and furious, finally starting to bend over as MB prepared to tackle OW to the ground.

OW managed to land the last two shots, the head shots, as the assailant got close enough.

I believe it is quite possible that OW fired "warning shots" intentionally to get the suspect to stop. Really until his account of the incident becomes available to review there is just so much speculation that can be made.

JMO

I believe it is quite possible that OW fired "warning shots" intentionally to get the suspect to stop. Really until his account of the incident becomes available to review there is just so much speculation that can be made.

JMO

MOO I cant see any officer firing warning shots in hopes the suspect would stop. Every bullet has to be accounted for with a reason for the shot. I do not see "b/c I wanted to see if he would stop" as being a good reason.

MOO I cant see any officer firing warning shots in hopes the suspect would stop. Every bullet has to be accounted for with a reason for the shot. I do not see "b/c I wanted to see if he would stop" as being a good reason.

Is officer fired warning shots a myth? IDK

Is officer fired warning shots a myth? IDK

Has there ever been a cop who fired a warning shot at a fleeing suspect in a residential area? I've never heard of that done.

JMO

Police do NOT fire warning shots.

That is just plain dangerous and irresponsible. Private citizens can also get into trouble firing "warning shots".

A firearm is using deadly force, and when you use it you are in fear for your life. Warning shots, shots that intentionally just "wound" etc.... are big big legal no-nos.

Okay, I think we need some links here to resolve this issue before we get into another circular argument. So if there is a link saying Officer Wilson fired warning shots please link it for us.

JMO

Oh my gosh, I disagree pretty strongly with that speculation! IMO, there is simply no way a highly trained, professional police officer would fire "warning shots" in a residential/ commercial neighborhood. That would be highly unprofessional, irresponsible , an illegal discharge of his weapon, and probably grounds for firing. This officer had an exemplary record. Professional police officers aren't actors in a spaghetti western or some cops and robber movie. When they fire their weapon, it's for a specific purpose at an intended target, center mass.

I think it's commendable Officer Wilson showed such restraint when he did (IMO, justifiably) fire his weapon. Despite all the incorrect media reports, he did not "empty his weapon".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98