MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume badge cams would work similar to dash cams, however those are handled.

Here is one of the biggest problems for the shot in the back theory.

What are the chances of all of those shots on his arm lined up in a row if one of them was from the back? I want someone to ask Parcells this question.

We had a trial here once where the media had gunshot wounds to chest, arms, neck and head. When it came to trial the kid had been shot in the back and it exited the chest. The prosecutor kept it unknown until trial because they didn't want to jeopardize the case.

So here is another question for you. Do you think the Chief released a statement that DW was injured because of all the misinformation that was being circulated as fact regarding the fracture? Whenever a news article says there information is from "inside sources" you have to wonder how accurate it is. Did anyone actually confirm Josie's story or was it just someone randomly calling with a story??? Not that we should sleuth her, just what kind of confirmation did MSM get.

You don't have to look for the information, just wondered if anyone has this information to consider for the media thread.

I don't disagree. Once one side does it, I get why the other side does it but that doesn't make it right. My only point is if I'm going to complain that one side did it, I'm going to complain that the other side did it too, even if I understand why they did it.

Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, a white 20-year-old shot and killed by a black policeman outside a 7-Eleven in Utah has received virtually no media coverage beyond local news reports. His brother, who was with him at the 7-Eleven, says Taylor was unarmed.

The negligible coverage of the Taylor case by the mainstream media prompted many conservative critics to address the racial double standard. The Washington Times reports: "Talk-show host Rush Limbaugh blamed the discrepancy between the two cases on 'the liberal world view' that portrays whites as oppressors and blacks as victims."

Kind of how it goes with reverse racial makeup.

http://theweek.com/article/index/26...unarmed-white-youth-by-a-black-police-officer

They should. If you start a thread, I will definitely post there as well.

Yes, it would match up I would think. IIRC, Josie is a friend of OW's girlfriend (who is also a police officer according to an article I read, no link). So if girlfriend tells Josie, there's a chance all the details don't exactly match with what OW said to police investigators, but I think the general story matches. MOO.

If she's a friend of Officer Wilson's family, it would match up though right? The story would have come from him, indirectly? Unless I'm thinking of someone else.

"@Tom_Winter: NBC News has confirmed that Officer Darren Wilson was transported to a local hospital after his alleged confrontation with Michael Brown."

I didn't see this. Did his supervisor take him or did he go in an ambulance?
OW may be fine now, but I think MB "rang his bell"
I think that MB "clocked" OW after a tussel woth the gun and he was grazed/pinched so he used the hand that was still good.
That could be where that awful hand injury came from.
I think OW wasn't almost knocked out. I think he was 100% knocked out for a very brief time.
I think MB started to mosey on after seeing
OW "out" thinking he had plenty o time to get away, when "FREEZE" (oh chit!) and MB started to pick up the pace with OW on his tail until (*crickets) no gun fire. OW had to reload his magazine, at which time MB thought he had enough time to rush OW and take him down. OW went for what was closest to him at that time and it was MB head.
His supervisor got him away from the scene pretty quickly.
I alao think that is why thete is no police report filed. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if OW has zero recall beyond the very beginning of the encounter with MB and J.
How could he report with no memory? How would that affect the GJ?
Sorry folks... "MB hit OW so hard he doesn't have the ability to recall the facts of the case."
He suffered a concussion. Moo
Ok my thinker is broken.

All posts are MOO

haven't heard or read anything about a possible concussion so
that IMO is a huge leap. :)

And if they do, maybe Ferguson can fill those empty slots with black police officers in order to get the exact ratio in the department of black:white as in the community. So much has been made of that, imo. Let them recruit black officers only.

I can imagine the remainder of the force walking off the job if it happens. I wouldn't stay, knowing I could be proscuted for protecting myself on the job.

Whoa......now that would be a game changer.

Nah...I thought robbery video was a game changer...nope....I thought eye injury was a game changer...nope...I thought DJ's story not lining up with the autopsy results was a game changer...nope....why would this one be??

If suddenly a video surfaced of DM charging at OW appeared, it would still not be a game changer....

There are people who have a strict agenda and will not be swayed by anything, IMO.

I still think those two shots (hand and lower arm) could have happened at the car during the "tussle". moo.

Thee two wounds that were questionable were the hand and the graze on the lower arm- not part of that array. nd that makes sense to me, given how the lower arm could be in any of a million positions, where as the part near your shoulder has much less mobility, cannot twist like the lower arm.

MB had just slammed a door into him and punched him in the face. I'd assume he reasonably believed MB was a danger to those around him.

Certainly makes sense to me.
Why isn't this plain ole common sense to so many in Ferguson?

Nah...I thought robbery video was a game changer...nope....I thought eye injury was a game changer...nope...I thought DJ's story not lining up with the autopsy results was a game changer...nope....why would this one be??

If suddenly a video surfaced of DM charging at OW appeared, it would still not be a game changer....

There are people who have a strict agenda and will not be swayed by anything, IMO.

All of the attorneys you see in the news with the family have anything to do with the criminal aspect of this either. They are trying a civil case in the public eye. Wouldn't it be to their benefit if they tainted the jury pool so much that the defendants in the civil trial wouldn't have a fair chance in court and would have to settle out of court?

BBM: I don't understand that either, to me it all ties together. MB just robbed a store, bullied the store owner, was walking in the middle of the street, would not obey the police officer to walk on the sidewalk, then gets defiant with the officer, reaches into the police car and a fight breaks out, who's fault is it? To me it's MB fault because when you back up to the robbery it shows his state of mind and he carries that over to the police officer. When you start messing with a police officer you are asking for trouble, IMO. A police officer has EVERY right to protect himself if he feels he's in danger, or if he feels the public is in danger.
Honestly I'm fairly certain I know why

It all boils down to white cop----dead black male.
The majority of people in Fergeson IMHOO will never accept or acknowledge
MB did anything wrong.

Oregon State Police training video on use of deadly force:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dodWB2mI8E#t=72

I liked how the video spelled out the 4 things the officers are trained to consider when deciding (in a matter of seconds) whether or not to use deadly force:

Means - yes - MB was twice the size of OW and had already once wounded him
Intent - yes - MB had shown his intent at the squad car with the "tussle" and could likely have shown it again with the taunting and possible "bumrushing"
Opportunity - yes - absolutely - he was in close proximity
Preclusion - yes - it was quite apparent from the previous tussle in the vehicle that hand to hand combat just wasn't going to work and MB would have easily gained control of the weapon

The one thing I did notice, however, is that he was instructing them to shoot at the head. I have heard all along that they are trained to shoot for center mass. Is the head part of that center mass?

Or the injuries to the officer. Or the cop's wife's friend. It works both ways. Like I said, for the sake of investigations I wish they'd ALL keep quiet but if they ALL kept quiet, what would we have to talk about.

Hi there Ree!

Actually I wish more would be revealed but that is for my own selfish reasons.:D

I don't think speaking out really hurts an investigation. It is what it is and will be.

If the people speaking with the media are truth tellers then what they say will remain the same. If they are not, and are interviewed multiple times by the media, and tell different stories, then I think that can turnout to be a good thing because those interviews can be entered at trial if they were conflicting statements. It can help to weed out those who aren't credible. And honesty is a must in any criminal trial no matter which side they testify for.

I do wish we had OWs statement but we aren't going to be privy to that until the GJ is over with. I think if we had his statement it would make things so much clearer. It is sure a disadvantage for him with only one side being told over and over again ad nauseaum.

Some seem to think that any statement he makes will be self serving but I don't believe that way at all. I believe OW has much more to gain by telling the truth and the truth is never self serving but simply is the truth. OW is no dummy, this is his field of expertise, and he knows his statements to all law enforcement agencies must line up with the AR and all of the other evidence that will be collected.

What has been ridiculous in this particular case is the many talking heads including political talking heads/AA leaders have already deemed OW guilty and some of them have even made terroristic threats on what is going to happen to the town of Ferguson if OW is not indicted. That has made me wonder if I truly live in America or some third world country. We pride ourselves on the concept of UIPG except in this case and so many totally disregard OWs constitutional rights as an America citizen. Since when have we become a nation that holds people "hostage" if they do not indict someone? That is nothing more than trying to strong arm someone by duress and intimidation into voting one way only even if the evidence doesn't support it. It is worse than yelling 'Fire!" in a theater because all of the threats made by many are serious ones and they mean what they say. I actually think anyone who incites violence of any kind should be arrested and charged. I also believe that some of the politicians who have espoused such threats should be charged with 'abuse of power.' If that happened so many through all of this drama would be doing jail time. Yet nothing is being done about it just like nothing was done at first to the criminal thugs and looters who were stealing businesses blind and burning them down.

It has been a very bizarre set of events. I have never seen anything quite like it...especially concerning all the terroristic threats that have been made throughout this case.

If falling to his knees, right before the final 2 shots, why haven't we heard about any abraisons on his knees?

We heard about abraisons on his face when he fell face first onto the pavement. Per Dr. Baden

Someone suggested the other day that MAYBE MB was headed towards OW AND bent down to pull his pants up. Look at the pic of him laying in the road....where are his pants?
Below his bum.

I liked how the video spelled out the 4 things the officers are trained to consider when deciding (in a matter of seconds) whether or not to use deadly force:

Means - yes - MB was twice the size of OW and had already once wounded him
Intent - yes - MB had shown his intent at the squad car with the "tussle" and could likely have shown it again with the taunting and possible "bumrushing"
Opportunity - yes - absolutely - he was in close proximity
Preclusion - yes - it was quite apparent from the previous tussle in the vehicle that hand to hand combat just wasn't going to work and MB would have easily gained control of the weapon

The one thing I did notice, however, is that he was instructing them to shoot at the head. I have heard all along that they are trained to shoot for center mass. Is the head part of that center mass?

I'm going to listen again, I think I heard a coupe of things differently? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scroobius