MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly sorry. :therethere: Would you folks like a little more time before I close? I use 5 minutes but I could bump it up to 10 minutes if you feel you need more time...

You're too good to the likes of us :blowkiss:

You always give us fair warning and I usually know it's about to happen. What happened to me last night was my fault. I had come back after a break and forgot to refresh the page. :shame:

I love it when you all get along and share information even when you disagree. It makes for a great thread full of information. Keep up the good work. :gathering:

Oh my heavens....I think this situation has officially jumped-the-shark. MC Hammer? For real? I don't know this French person, but I can't imagine that I'm missing much.

Can't touch this!

:lol: :rockon:

They will be picked apart even if they are otherwise truthtellers. Anybody and everybody is going to have some minor inconsistencies if they tell the same story more than once. Take an auto accident case. Statement in the police report. Statement to insurance company. Statement in deposition. Testimony at trial. Every single witness that testifies at trial will have at least one of those prior statements brought up due to some inconsistency. The question becomes how many of them and do they go to main points. All JMHO.

In the long run, it will work to his advantage. In the short term, I hear ya, but it will pay off in the long run to remain quiet.

It will be self-serving and well it should be. If MB had his hands up, I would fall over in my chair if DW came out and said as much.

This I agree with 100%. On both sides. They have to take a position that it was justified or unjustified and they run with it. How about just reporting the facts and holding back on judgment until everything comes out. All the other stuff does is inflame both sides and makes matters worse. I have learned to despise the nation outlets. I haven't seen terroristic threats but I haven't watched much lately. I have seen people predict what will happen, but that's come from both sides of the fence.

I think its been much more than a little discrepancies.:)

But it will not be self serving if MB really didn't have his hands up and by the autopsy diagram released by Baden there is no evidence showing he had his hands in the air. The places he was hit is counter opposing to that 'story' imo. Just like the 'story' that he was shot in the back.

In fact we could flip it couldn't we and say those who said MB had his hands in the air were saying this in order to make OW look bad and MB look good. It certainly has happened before and some witnesses come in with biases from the get go.

I have watched the terroristic threats being said over and over again and even by elected officials. So much so that I finally decided not to go back to that particular cable news station because I couldn't stomach what was being promoted.

Maybe they are going to announce that the GJ is about to return a decision and are announcing when and where and what steps they will take to ensure peace??? CNN still has nothing about this presser.

Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

Meanwhile, the case of Dillon Taylor, a white 20-year-old shot and killed by a black policeman outside a 7-Eleven in Utah has received virtually no media coverage beyond local news reports. His brother, who was with him at the 7-Eleven, says Taylor was unarmed.

http://theweek.com/article/index/26...unarmed-white-youth-by-a-black-police-officer

There would be no need to do that he will automatically be arrested tried and sentenced to life in record time jmo

AFAIK, the officer who shot and killed Dillon Taylor has not been arrested.

"not to sway the public and possibly cloud the judgment of any possible future jurors"????

What about releasing the video of the store robbery? Surely that will sway and cloud the judgment!!

Goes BOTH ways. The store robbery video was released by the POLICE.

There are a lot of posters on this thread who repeatedly mention the robbery to explain MB's state of mind and just take it as a given that he MUST have assaulted the police officer because of what he did in THAT VIDEO.

YES it's an ONGOING INVESTIGATION. That means you don't release any information about the INVESTIGATION as a whole. Not release damaging information for one party and not a thing for the other.

I think the police had to release that video. The rabble rousers and the race baiters were turning up the heat. They had their 'choirboys on the way to Grandma's house" narrative down pat. And the town was about to implode. That video took the wind out of their sails, although briefly. But it did change the narrative somewhat and made some slow down and look closer at the situation.

I stand by their decision, fully. What if Crump had a video of OW acting aggressively and feloniously while he was on the sick child call minutes prior to the incident? Would they have released that publicly ? YES, in a heartbeat, and with much fanfare.

On MSNBC interview (8-21-2014) with Michael Brady, Lawrence O'Donnell talks about the video that M Brady had taken from his front door. Lawrence O said "we (MSNBC) don't have the video ready to play, but we got the audio of what you said on that video, but it begins (and now Lawrence O is reciting the words M Brady says on his video of the scene):

M Brady says on video: 'He just got shot, he just ran up to the car, he ran up to the car. He was punching on him.' The interview goes on, asked who was punching whom, M Brady says he just "assumed he was punching on him" the MSNBC interview goes on and on for 12 minutes. Not clear who "he" is when he said he was punching.

I want to know where is the actual video Michael Brady gave to MSNBC. They never published it?? I cannot find it anywhere if they did, only this interview where the video runs in the background, but I really wanted to hear M Brady in his own words the day he took that video.
If Lawrence O read correctly the audio of what M Brady said that day from his video, he says "He just got shot. HE JUST RAN UP TO THE CAR, HE RAN UP TO THE CAR."

Here is the link, this video hasn't been on youtube that I could find, I do see the A Cooper interview on there but not this one.

Please look at this and let me know what you think, everybody. Thanks!

If you skip to about 3:00 mark, this is where they begin talking about what exactly Brady was saying as he begins speaking the day of the shooting.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word-...from-new-witness--320758339514#twitter_signin

Not sure if this has been posted, but I found this article to be somewhat enlightening about the likelihood that OW will be indicted, let alone convicted of murder.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/ferguson-police-officer-shootings-indictments-convictions

From the article:

"It is really hard to convict a police officer. They get a super presumption of innocence," Laurie Levenson, a former federal prosecutor who is now a law professor at Loyola University in Los Angeles, told TPM. She was involved in a grand jury investigation of an officer-involved death, she said, but it never went to trial.

"We don't want to believe that the people we hire to protect us could be the people who want to harm us," she said, "and so we give them a huge benefit of the doubt."

"not to sway the public and possibly cloud the judgment of any possible future jurors"????

What about releasing the video of the store robbery? Surely that will sway and cloud the judgment!!

Goes BOTH ways. The store robbery video was released by the POLICE.

There are a lot of posters on this thread who repeatedly mention the robbery to explain MB's state of mind and just take it as a given that he MUST have assaulted the police officer because of what he did in THAT VIDEO.

YES it's an ONGOING INVESTIGATION. That means you don't release any information about the INVESTIGATION as a whole. Not release damaging information for one party and not a thing for the other.

(above, bbm)
OK. Let's say that the jurors are never privy to that strong arm robbery video. All they have is the statement of, "We were walking along peacefully, going to grandma's house" (paraphrased by me).

Of course, if that's the scenario, then the jury's gonna say, "OW, WHY did you shoot at these poor, "grandma'visiting', Jesus-lovin' boys?

We've already heard how MB was such a fun-loving, shy, big 'ol teddy bear. Was it fair to taint a possible jury pool with that obviously misleading portrayal of him? (Oh, he may have been funloving to his daddy, and shy with his grandma...but no way was he a big 'ol teddy bear with that clerk.....video doesn't lie).

In order for the jury to make an educated decision, they need all the facts. Including the fact that, 10 minutes before, that Jesus-lovin', grandma-visiting, shy, playful MB was pushing around a scrawny little clerk, as he helped himself to some smokes, free of charge.

I just have to say, I love MC Hammer!

While we wait to find out what is going on with the mystery presser, here is some good old local police brutality (IMO.) Two cops tasered a handcuffed black man 13-14 times and then stated they had fired it at him only 6 times in their official reports. The man later died, and his death was ruled a homicide. One of the officers was fired, another quit to avoid being fired, and the lawsuits are really gearing up. The DA hasn't yet decided whether to send the case to the GJ (this happened back in April.) The kicker? Both officers were *also* black. So is the DA. How many of you who aren't from the Atlanta area have even heard of this case?? http://www.ajc.com/news/news/attorney-east-point-police-used-tasers-as-cattle-p/ng9Rh/

I can't even get the video, hitting refresh like a crack monkey and there is nothing, waaaaah!

I'm so sick of this commercial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member