MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if the "threat" was running away. I don't think four witnesses are telling the same lie, nope. That first volley of shots sounds exactly like what they described before he paused, and Mike turned around, which is when the second volley started. IMHO.

If he turned around, then he wasn't running away anymore. And why wouldn't 4 witnesses tell the same lie?

Things like that happen all the time. Also, that audio seems to fit the story that OW tells as well. So it can go either way. jmo :cow:

How about people just stop committing violent crimes? How about THAT?

This is going to sound absolutely horrible but it's how I feel...

I don't CARE.

If I see, hear or read about a violent criminal killed ...I shed not a single tear. I have sympathy for those that care about & love the person...it's sad that the deceased chose the wrong path...it's sad they put themselves in a position where they'd likely be shot....especially when they're young. I don't care what color they are, how much they weigh....how tall, how old...no gets to skip away after assaulting a police officer...
Only a fool would try.
I feel little for those that menace society.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to take another opportunity to say thank you for this brave post. I feel the same way.

No matter their age, gender, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or race-- violent criminals are a scourge upon society for all of us. I have not a single molecule of sympathy for them when their own behavior causes their death. Sorry to be blunt, but it's one less violent criminal in the world to hurt other innocent people, especially kids. I'm glad and relieved that they're gone and can't hurt anyone else ever again.

It's about personal responsibility for choices and behavior. I'm sick, sick, sick of the "blame everything else in the world" mentality to try to excuse someone's choice to be a violent criminal.

Not sure if serious or sarcastic. You saying it is ok for police to disregard constitutional rights because they have a tough job? Or that there is no such thing as an unconstitutional request/order from a police officer because whatever an officer says is constitutional regardless of what is in the constitution itself? That anyone who doesn't think constitutional rights should be trampled simply have their panties in a wad? I'm not talking about simple instructions to turn your stereo down because it's too loud this late at night. What that comment I bolded suggests is that it is ok for that officer that stops you for a traffic ticket to also order you to let him squeeze your breasts, as one courageous poster earlier indicated she had to endure. No. That is not ok with me and if that is me getting my panties in a wad, so be it. My panties are in a wad. Well, actually they are my wife's. I just like to wear them. I kid. Maybe. Seriously though, I get it, if you want to live to see tomorrow, you let him squeeze your breasts, but hell no that doesn't make it acceptable and no way in hell it should be condoned. If a cop is so off his rocker that when I tell him no, you can't touch my wife's breast, that he's susceptible to shooting me for disobeying his order, well the SOB maybe shouldn't be a cop.

ETA - Just jumping off Linda. Not jumping at you. Sorry it sounds that way.

A police officer groping a woman's breast is a criminal act. IMO I believe bad cops...should be prosecuted and help to a higher standard and penalty.

I was speaking more to average interactions and interactions that get crazy because the citizen can't conduct themselves like a normal law abiding human being.

And on the panty thing...it's all good;) your secret is safe with me:)

Not sure if serious or sarcastic. You saying it is ok for police to disregard constitutional rights because they have a tough job? Or that there is no such thing as an unconstitutional request/order from a police officer because whatever an officer says is constitutional regardless of what is in the constitution itself? That anyone who doesn't think constitutional rights should be trampled simply have their panties in a wad? I'm not talking about simple instructions to turn your stereo down because it's too loud this late at night. What that comment I bolded suggests is that it is ok for that officer that stops you for a traffic ticket to also order you to let him squeeze your breasts, as one courageous poster earlier indicated she had to endure. No. That is not ok with me and if that is me getting my panties in a wad, so be it. My panties are in a wad. Well, actually they are my wife's. I just like to wear them. I kid. Maybe. Seriously though, I get it, if you want to live to see tomorrow, you let him squeeze your breasts, but hell no that doesn't make it acceptable and no way in hell it should be condoned. If a cop is so off his rocker that when I tell him no, you can't touch my wife's breast, that he's susceptible to shooting me for disobeying his order, well the SOB maybe shouldn't be a cop.

As the victim of the cop breast-squeezing for running a red light, thanks.

I wish I'd had the emotional "balls" needed to draw a line as to where police rights end and my rights begin. I did not. I was taught that LE was infallible and not to be challenged. My own parents thought the cop was just "frisking" me and I must be exaggerating. Because he was a cop. They never are wrong. I have an IQ in the triple digits. I know "frisking" vs "felt up".

I hope I have taught my daughter better. I want her to be able to say "Oh hell NO!" when some bully or perv wearing a badge tries to hurt her.

Haven't posted here in a while, thought I would start back up.

One thing I have not seen asked or addressed or considered is the TACTICAL situation OW was facing. He exits the vehicle with TWO suspects that he is aware of. That explains, quite simply, why ENDING the situation with MB the way he did made sense. There was another suspect out there, hiding. The other suspect could have been armed, could have been going to GET a gun, etc.

On the issue of the recently released audio tape, am I the ONLY one who thought, "What kind of neighborhood do you live in where 10 or 11 SHOTS do not even cause you to break stride in your sentence, or change your tempo?" Sorry, but until authentication, it sounds fake (solely my opinion).

Thank you, zenreaper for this post (and welcome back!) Hope you share more thoughts.

The issue of Dorian Johnson walking with MB at the time of the initial encounter by OW has been bothering me in the back of my thoughts for a while. Dorian Johnson was WITH MB. Officer Wilson DID encounter TWO individuals, by DJ's own admission. When the first one became involved in the "encounter" at the car, assaulting OW, he still knew there were TWO individuals. TWO. That makes his actions in the shooting EVEN more "reasonable"-- as the situation unfolded, after he was assaulted, that HAD to be in his mind. As in "Where in the hello is the SECOND guy right now?? And is he armed?"

Personally, I don't believe for a minute DJ ran home and threw up (his story). And if he did have to "ditch" something he was carrying, he didn't have to run home to do that, either. IMO.

A police officer groping a woman's breast is a criminal act. IMO I believe bad cops...should be prosecuted and help to a higher standard and penalty.

I was speaking more to average interactions and interactions that get crazy because the citizen can't conduct themselves like a normal law abiding human being.

And on the panty thing...it's all good;) your secret is safe with me:)

Totally agree on panty secrets. It's how you wear 'em! Rock that tango panty! It's in the vault.

Except the vault is on the interwebz. :shame:

As the victim of the cop breast-squeezing for running a red light, thanks.

I wish I'd had the emotional "balls" needed to draw a line as to where police rights end and my rights begin. I did not. I was taught that LE was infallible and not to be challenged. My own parents thought the cop was just "frisking" me and I must be exaggerating. Because he was a cop. They never are wrong. I have an IQ in the triple digits. I know "frisking" vs "felt up".

I hope I have taught my daughter better. I want her to be able to say "Oh hell NO!" when some bully or perv wearing a badge tries to hurt her.

Dear Evil,
I was upset when I read what had happened to you, I was incapable at the time of even posting on the subject. (((((Hugs))))) I am so sorry that happened to you.

If he turned around, then he wasn't running away anymore. And why wouldn't 4 witnesses tell the same lie?

Things like that happen all the time. Also, that audio seems to fit the story that OW tells as well. So it can go either way. jmo :cow:

Agreed
Witness #
1 MB friend who was involved in the strong armed robbery
2 and 3 friends with each other and both used almost the exact odd wording
4 while we have not heard the audio in his video with our own ears we have heard him in interviews being questioned why did he say certain things during the video that seem to back OW side.

3626217585_stick_to_topic_xlarge.png

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003784556/3626217585_stick_to_topic_xlarge.png

If I may, with respect, say that most of us who are white do not have parents or grandparents who could not use white toilets, eat at white lunch counters, attend white schools or have their supposed constitutionally-assured votes "lost" in the ballot box. And worst of all, stand the very real chance of being the victim of physical violence/death at the hands of vigilante mobs or even LE.

This is our past, this is their past. Our experiences shape who we are, who we trust and how we respond. And although things are better with each generation, please remember, there are men MB's age who have family members who are still alive who lived through discrimination that hopefully, this country will never see again. But when you have a knowledge and understanding of what prior generations of your family/community experienced, it becomes a part of you.

I'm going to have to take issue with this.. you can't pass down "discrimination".

Yes, I'm white. However, my dad grew up so poor and picked cotton right next to black people, shoulder to shoulder in the fields. He said they were treated the same as the blacks were treated with the exception that my dad was allowed to drink from the "white" bucket.

This whole notion of, "well, my descendants were enslaved so that makes me X." No, YOU make YOU, you. And, until one realizes that one's FAMILY'S past is just one's FAMILY's past and one decides what one is going to be, how one is going to act, and where one is going to go in life, one will always be enslaved to himself.

Did lots of bad stuff happen to black people? YES.

Lots of bad stuff happened to white people, too. Let's not forget Hitler. I don't see any white people revolting because their grandad's, mom's, cousin's, aunt's, half-sister, watched Boy In The Striped Pajamas.

Off my soapbox..

Catching up here...can someone help me out? There was a post earlier in the day that said (I think it said) that CNN reported that perhaps the audio released the other night ("the yer so purty...yer so fine" audio) might not have been authentic. What's up with that? Was it a hoax? Was it authentic? Do we know yet? I haven't been able to find out anything else about it.

Catching up here...can someone help me out? There was a post earlier in the day that said (I think it said) that CNN reported that perhaps the audio released the other night ("the yer so purty...yer so fine" audio) might not have been authentic. What's up with that? Was it a hoax? Was it authentic? Do we know yet? I haven't been able to find out anything else about it.

Those two guys were just saying it MIGHT be a hoax. But they did not do any tests or anything. They were just reminding CNN it was not authenticated yet.

I know you don't really believe that anyone here would condone a cop behaving in that way. I think you're just taking your example to the furthest possible conclusion whether or not it's a logical conclusion.

I'm also assuming you know that cops are like anyone - there are good and bad, but the majority are good. There was just a doctor near me who was arrested for sexually assaulting multiple patients. It's scary and hideous, and he should go to jail and lose his medical license forever. That doesn't mean I think all doctors are jerks now.

I think what the posters are saying is don't get physical with a cop because you won't win. If you do by chance run into a rogue shady cop and you have to fight back, fight in court, not with your gun or your fists, etc. It's just never going to end well. Again, I say that having a friend whose son was killed by a cop in his own front yard. Part of what happened is murky, but I think the cop attacked him first because of the totality of the evidence in that case. Still, if Dan wouldn't have fought back, he'd probably be alive today. His kids would still have their dad. He probably would have sued the cops. He probably would have won. Or maybe not, but so what? He'd be alive.

Then audio was date, time and GPS stamped. Imdoubt the FBI would be doing anything to it if they didn't think it was authentic. The FBI won't comment.
"No comment", what does that even mean?
If they had no idea about an audio wouldn't they ask what the heck the media was talking about?
No comment is starting to sound more and more like yes.

All posts are MOO

Then audio was date, time and GPS stamped. Imdoubt the FBI would be doing anything to it if they didn't think it was authentic. The FBI won't comment.
If they had no idea about an audio wouldn't they ask what the heck the media was talking about?

All posts are MOO

Logical to me....if the FBI knew it was fake I think they'd say so...no comment means hummmm.

I'm going to have to take issue with this.. you can't pass down "discrimination".

Yes, I'm white. However, my dad grew up so poor and picked cotton right next to black people, shoulder to shoulder in the fields. He said they were treated the same as the blacks were treated with the exception that my dad was allowed to drink from the "white" bucket.

This whole notion of, "well, my descendants were enslaved so that makes me X." No, YOU make YOU, you. And, until one realizes that one's FAMILY'S past is just one's FAMILY's past and one decides what one is going to be, how one is going to act, and where one is going to go in life, one will always be enslaved to himself.

Did lots of bad stuff happen to black people? YES.

Lots of bad stuff happened to white people, too. Let's not forget Hitler. I don't see any white people revolting because their grandad's, mom's, cousin's, aunt's, half-sister, watched Boy In The Striped Pajamas.

Off my soapbox..

I don't think EvilSoup is advocating Critical Race Theory. She's not saying that blackness is inherently good and whiteness is inherently evil. I think she is just trying to empathize with the feelings of minority groups and where mistrust comes from.

All posts are MOO

I agree. Something to consider is CNN was in possession of this video for a week before it released it to the public (according to reports) which means that the FBI was aware of it for just as long if not longer, i.e. the FBI has had more than enough time to verify if the recording is authentic.

There is no need for an extensive analysis of the recording. It is reported that the recording was captured using a smart phone app called "Glide" which stores the video clips "to the cloud" i.e. a server operated by "Glide". The server logs will have an accurate time stamp showing when the recording was made. If this time stamp aligns with the time of the shooting there can be no doubt about the authenticity of this recording.

If in fact this is a fake recording the FBI would have determined this by now - IMO - and they would have arrested the person who made the recording (and I don't think they would be shy about announcing such an arrest - we would have heard about it by now).

I'm about 10 pages back so I don't know if this has been touched on, but one of the probs with the legalization and/or decriminalization of pot is that it or its metabolites remain in the system for so long. making it difficult to determine whether one is currently under the influence or recently under the influence. and there are so many different varieties and strengths available which make accurate testing very difficult. like, did you smoke Maui Wowee 10 days ago or some skunk night before last or some home grown this morning? the levels can't be positively linked to a particular ingestion. you can partake every day for, let's say, a year and then quit and still test positive for at least 30 days, or maybe longer

so, testing positive does not necessarily mean that MB was buzzed at the time of the event

Yes, I believe you could be right! Look at the "Crazy: Witness" video again at about :55 mark. He is quite sure it is the Ferguson Market MB was accused of stealing the cigarillos from and then goes on to describe exactly what we saw on the surveillance video, "My dude went in, you know what I'm saying, he picked up a box of rillos, was like let me get these, gave em to his homeboy. And he was like (acts out reaching behind counter just like surveillance video shows) I'm gonna need these two too, two boxes. So my "n" walked out of this Bleepity bleep GC... " and he goes on. He acts out exactly what happened in the store well before the video was realeased. I think this may be the unknown guy. I'm not sure if I believe he was with MB and DJ, maybe he happened to arrive and leave at the same time. Or maybe he got the whole thing acted out by DJ and he wasn't there at the store at all. He sure had the events of the register transaction down to a tee, imo...

Here is the surveillance video link to compare the two (I don't see the same long ponytail in the surv video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkOfqIXkBRE

Thanks for translating! It sounds like he got the story from DJ. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members