MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logical to me....if the FBI knew it was fake I think they'd say so...no comment means hummmm.

To me, when the FBI says no comment, it just means no comment.

It might mean that it's authentic and they will not comment further because now it is evidence in an ongoing investigation.

It might mean that they have it in their custody but haven't even begun analyzing it yet.

I know people who were targets of, and later convicted in, an FBI RICO investigation. (This thread is making me realize what a weird life I have led.) Not the guys I knew, but some of the others named in the same investigation, they went to Vegas on vacation. The FBI got on their same flight and watched them from the plane. They followed them to their hotel on the strip. They have surveillance video of these guys in the lobby. When they went to eat at a primo Vegas restaurant, so did the FBI. The FBI went with them to the topless pool, too. They shot pictures, they shot video, and these guys, the whole time they had no clue.

They're pretty ninja, those fibbies. You won't know anything about that recording unless and until they want you to know.

I agree. Something to consider is CNN was in possession of this video for a week before it released it to the public (according to reports) which means that the FBI was aware of it for just as long if not longer, i.e. the FBI has had more than enough time to verify if the recording is authentic.

There is no need for an extensive analysis of the recording. It is reported that the recording was captured using a smart phone app called "Glide" which stores the video clips "to the cloud" i.e. a server operated by "Glide". The server logs will have an accurate time stamp showing when the recording was made. If this time stamp aligns with the time of the shooting there can be no doubt about the authenticity of this recording.

If in fact this is a fake recording the FBI would have determined this by now - IMO - and they would have arrested the person who made the recording (and I don't think they would be shy about announcing such an arrest - we would have heard about it by now).
Exactly! So my next question is why are these other people being interviewed trying to spin it?
I swear it is all just a big game to most isn't it?
The loudest wheel gets the grease.
I don't get it. Why are they covering up and refusing to release records? For both men involved!
All the networks are looking like fools and the only decent investigating that I have seen are some of the little investigative reporters online and with some of the newspapers.
All CNN and HLN and FOX do is parrot each other about things we knew about 48 hrs ago. No wonder CNN is letting so many people go.
There aren't "bombshells" every night for 3 solid years folks.
Hello? When bombshells are no longer new. Just stop.
And what is the deal with CNN? Ever since the uprising in Ferguson, they are using gunshot sound effects during prime time nightly news... I keep thinking people are going crazy in Missouri again. (•_•)

All posts are MOO

Exactly! So my next question is why are these other people being interviewed trying to spin it?
I don't get it. Why are they covering up and refusing to release records? For both men involved!
All the networks are looking like fools and the only decent investigating that I have seen are some of the little investigative reporters online and with some of the newspapers.
All CNN and HLN and FOX do is parrot each other about things we knew about 48 hrs ago. No wonder CNN is letting so many people go.
And what is the deal with CNN? Ever since the uprising in Ferguson, they are using gunshot sound effects during prime time nightly news... I keep thinking people are going crazy in Missouri again. (•_•)

All posts are MOO

LOL, this is why I stopped watching Nancy Grace. When every single thing is a "BOMBSHEELLLL" then nothing is, you know?

Same reason why I got bored with "E.R." back in the day. Every single commercial was like "The one E.R. that changes everything...." "The E.R. that all of America will be talking about..." "The most powerful hour of television you'll ever see..." Kind of annoying after a while.

Thanks for translating! It sounds like he got the story from DJ. IMO
Don't forget the "no ambulance" video uploads. I think several of these people got together and colluded before MB's body was removed from the scene. One of the no ambulance videos was much closer to 12pm. The other was when MB was on a gurney covered in a blue funeral home cover 4+ hours later.
Really? Like an ambulance could have helped.
His head wound was not compatable with life?
Not at 12 and not at 4.
It does prove to me they had an agenda. I think the people in the car DJ spoke of was PC and NM. We know NM said she had come to take PC to work.
I bet he hung out at their place a while that day. If she was making a video 4 he's later she didn't go to work. Moo
IMO.

All posts are MOO

Haven't posted here in a while, thought I would start back up.

One thing I have not seen asked or addressed or considered is the TACTICAL situation OW was facing. He exits the vehicle with TWO suspects that he is aware of. That explains, quite simply, why ENDING the situation with MB the way he did made sense. There was another suspect out there, hiding. The other suspect could have been armed, could have been going to GET a gun, etc.

On the issue of the recently released audio tape, am I the ONLY one who thought, "What kind of neighborhood do you live in where 10 or 11 SHOTS do not even cause you to break stride in your sentence, or change your tempo?" Sorry, but until authentication, it sounds fake (solely my opinion).

JMO. It was a volatile situation, and I'm sure that adrenaline was flowing, but since there WERE two, and DW could not know whether either of them was armed, I think that a better option was to try to de-escalate, and call and wait for back-up....THEN arrest them. I know, easier said than done. JMO

Logical to me....if the FBI knew it was fake I think they'd say so...no comment means hummmm.

But then again....they haven't commented on the details of this case much at all really. I personally think the tape has to be legit. I mean....that would seriously be a horrible thing to do, and criminal...to submit something fake like that to L.E., no?

I'm wondering about that audio tape. Why were the Brown attorneys so eager to talk to CNN about it's release to the media. They were interviewed as this was a huge case solver. Now, the next day they're all backpedaling, including CNN saying that it might be a hoax. Even DJ said he didn't believe it's real. What happened that changed their minds?

To me, when the FBI says no comment, it just means no comment.

It might mean that it's authentic and they will not comment further because now it is evidence in an ongoing investigation.

It might mean that they have it in their custody but haven't even begun analyzing it yet.

I know people who were targets of, and later convicted in, an FBI RICO investigation. (This thread is making me realize what a weird life I have led.) Not the guys I knew, but some of the others named in the same investigation, they went to Vegas on vacation. The FBI got on their same flight and watched them from the plane. They followed them to their hotel on the strip. They have surveillance video of these guys in the lobby. When they went to eat at a primo Vegas restaurant, so did the FBI. The FBI went with them to the topless pool, too. They shot pictures, they shot video, and these guys, the whole time they had no clue.

They're pretty ninja, those fibbies. You won't know anything about that recording unless and until they want you to know.

Oh you aren't kidding! My sister was a jury foreperson on a federal trial once of a mailman accused of faking a worker's comp related injury and disability claim. I don't want to derail this thread....but...to be short... OMG.....The Feds set him up good! They sent him a postcard in the mail that said he had won an offshore deep sea fishing trip and to call "this" number to claim his "prize". Stupid guy took the bait...hook line and sinker - called the number, claimed his fishing trip and off he went, unbeknownst to him, with the FEDS on an offshore fishing trip where they took video and still pictures of him reeling in big ole fish after big ole fish. They showed those videos in court and he was convicted of fraud! I about fell off my chair when my sister was finally able to talk about the case! They had video of him mowing his lawn, playing golf, all sorts of things.

All posts are MOO

From day one CNN has been invested in the narrative that paints MB as a victim. When MB stops becoming a victim in the eyes of the public viewers tune out so CNN has been busy stoking the false outrage. The shooting of MB has been a ratings bonanza for CNN - almost as big as the disappearance of MH370 so they are doing everything possible to keep it going (who can blame them given the trouble they are in).

I think CNN has been trying to back-track on the release of the audio recording. I think they released it without giving much thought to what it actually represented, it's significance. CNN thought that the the pause between the two volley's of gunfire would be a "game changer" and a "bombshell" when in fact it proves nothing. In fact the pause is just 2.7 seconds!

What the audio proves (if it is authentic) is just how quickly these events take place. Ten shots in just under 8 seconds! When you take this timeline and try to superimpose it over the witness testimonies it becomes hard to believe some of these accounts (especially DJ's). There is however one missing piece of the acoustic puzzle and that is the first shot. We do not hear the first shot that occurred inside the SUV. If we had that the acoustic timeline would be complete!

Not sure if serious or sarcastic. You saying it is ok for police to disregard constitutional rights because they have a tough job? Or that there is no such thing as an unconstitutional request/order from a police officer because whatever an officer says is constitutional regardless of what is in the constitution itself? That anyone who doesn't think constitutional rights should be trampled simply have their panties in a wad? I'm not talking about simple instructions to turn your stereo down because it's too loud this late at night. What that comment I bolded suggests is that it is ok for that officer that stops you for a traffic ticket to also order you to let him squeeze your breasts, as one courageous poster earlier indicated she had to endure. No. That is not ok with me and if that is me getting my panties in a wad, so be it. My panties are in a wad. Well, actually they are my wife's. I just like to wear them. I kid. Maybe. Seriously though, I get it, if you want to live to see tomorrow, you let him squeeze your breasts, but hell no that doesn't make it acceptable and no way in hell it should be condoned. If a cop is so off his rocker that when I tell him no, you can't touch my wife's breast, that he's susceptible to shooting me for disobeying his order, well the SOB maybe shouldn't be a cop.

ETA - Just jumping off Linda. Not jumping at you. Sorry it sounds that way.

I don't think it's the same thing. If a LEO does something unconstitutional there are remedies for that within the legal system. . .there on the street may not be the appropriate time to argue your case. . . if someone wants to be smart about it.

If a LEO does something criminal, in my eyes, it wouldn't be any different than any other armed criminal. Are you going to argue with an armed assailant that you would rather he not touch your wife's breasts, or are you going to try to come out of the situation with your life and then worry about justice later?

MOO

I'm wondering about that audio tape. Why were the Brown attorneys so eager to talk to CNN about it's release to the media. They were interviewed as this was a huge case solver. Now, the next day they're all backpedaling, including CNN saying that it might be a hoax. Even DJ said he didn't believe it's real. What happened that changed their minds?

JMO I think people are skeptical because what the audio does not include is the first shot, then a few seconds or so later, come the two sets of volleys. I think the FBI has the entire sequence, and they are not about to tell us. The GJ will hear it, though, methinks.

re Nyquil/dextromethorphan:

Monitoring trends in dextromethorphan abuse using the National Poison Data System: 2000–2010
http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=8354

General Information About DXM
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_general_info.shtml

Do not use DXM on a constant or frequent basis! Like alcohol (and unlike marijuana), constant or frequent (more than once or twice a week) use may be dangerous. Although not everyone seems susceptible, a very few daily high-dose users may have seriously and permanently fried their brains.

Remember that DXM can sometimes trigger panic attacks in susceptible individuals, especially those inexperienced with DXM. This is a major cause (if not the major cause) of tachycardia (high heart rate) from DXM. All the more reason not to rush in to anything.

Always remember: recreational use of DXM is still a great unknown. The brain you are risking is your own.

re Nyquil/dextromethorphan:

Monitoring trends in dextromethorphan abuse using the National Poison Data System: 2000–2010
http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=8354

General Information About DXM
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_general_info.shtml

We get I.D.'ed for school glue at the check out, have to sign at the pharmacy for over the counter old fashioned Sudafed. Won't be long before we schlep into the pharmacy with flu symptoms and have to sign for Nyquil!

We get I.D.'ed for school glue at the check out, have to sign at the pharmacy for over the counter old fashioned Sudafed. Won't be long before we schlep into the pharmacy with flu symptoms and have to sign for Nyquil!
Just wait. In about a month, you will no longer be able to have a pain pill phoned in. You will have to see a doctor, immediate care or an er for a hand signed prescription. Just wow. That is gonna suck for so many in a big way.
All narcotics will be schedule 2 now. (at least in Georgia)

Old fashioned sudafed is the only thing that works for me. That other stuff over the counter is a joke.
I get why it had to be done. I am so mad at people who abuse drugs right now. They have have screwed upbthe system for everyone who doesn't. Imo
Once the rule takes effect in 45 days, all hydrocodone products will be considered Schedule II drugs. Patients will see new restrictions on prescriptions
http://www.latimes.com/science/la-sci-hydrocodone-curbs-20140822-story.html

All posts are MOO

I personally know a teenager about whom all of that was true (with the exception of the Satan/angel thing, and the scuffle with a neighbor.) That kid actually has a felony record too. Him and some dumb teenage friends on a night of vandalism, and he was the only one of the bunch who was 18 - his birthday had been 3 weeks earlier.

Today, he's totally different. He's in his twenties, has a toddler daughter who he is very involved with, has a job, works hard, keeps his nose clean. He's taken the GED twice and failed it (he's always been in special ed his whole life), but he's doing his third GED class soon.

MB never had a chance to get out of those angsty teen years and get a more mature perspective. We really don't know who he would have been as an adult - as an employee, a father, a grandfather, etc. Even if some video came out tomorrow that showed the whole shooting and DW was 100% right, it doesn't make the death of MB any less tragic.

Yep, he could have become POTUS, AG, or another Mother Theresa, who knows? In America anything is possible, and I believe we are seeing more and more possibilities every day.

My opinion only

I don't think EvilSoup is advocating Critical Race Theory. She's not saying that blackness is inherently good and whiteness is inherently evil. I think she is just trying to empathize with the feelings of minority groups and where mistrust comes from.

I believe it may be important and enlightening for ALL to read the "Slave Narratives". If nothing else, they are fascinating and give a good background:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/snhtml/snintro18.html

Sure, because the caller probably just said he stole some cigarillos. But later, upon seeing the actual video of the crime, it was obviously MORE than just shoplifting. Once the perp assaults the employee, then it becomes a felony.

Someone, perhaps the store owner's lawyer, publicly id'd the 911 caller as a female customer. A customer wouldn't have called 911 over just a grab-and-go robbery imo.

JMO I think people are skeptical because what the audio does not include is the first shot, then a few seconds or so later, come the two sets of volleys. I think the FBI has the entire sequence, and they are not about to tell us. The GJ will hear it, though, methinks.

Thanks cady, I understand :)
But......

I'm still curious as to why this audio tape was so HUGE that the Brown attorneys were all over it like it was the answer to their prayers? As if this audio was going to prove OW's guilt. I watched them on tv when this breaking news came out on CNN and they were almost foaming at the mouth with excitement. THEN, all of a sudden a complete 180??

Why aren't the Brown attorneys still happy about this audio tape? I watched, I think it was Parks? and DJ, on a talk show stating that they think that this audio doesn't mean much. CNN stating it might be a hoax.

I dunno, I think it's really really strange.

Charles C. Johnson ‏@ChuckCJohnson 25m
Media Covers, Reacts to Got News Lawsuit Into #MichaelBrown Juvie Records http://gotnews.com/media-covers-reacts-got-news-lawsuit-michaelbrown-juvie-records/ …

I wonder what the family's lawyers will have to say, now that word has gotten around. I guess if he has no juvi record there shouldn't be a reaction?

I 100% agree. No juvie record=no lawsuit. So, imo, there must be a juvie record, and I think there might be some substantial charges in that record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6