MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it even really matter if MB was trying to take the officer's gun. An assault alone is a felony. The officer had every right to defend himself. jmo

No. It doesn't matter at all. What matters is what happened 35 feet from that vehicle IMO. No, MB didn't have a gun at that point, but the question still remains, were his hands up or was he charging the officer, thus creating the immediate need to use deadly force in order to effectuate the arrest.

For me, if it's shown that officer Wilson suffered significant facial injuries, I'll be nearly 100% convinced that this was a justifiable police shooting. It won't take much more evidence to get me to 100%. JMO.

That, plus any DNA on the gun from MB and I doubt that there will be an indictment. I can't imagine OW being charged with manslaughter.

This is what I have been trying to get across all along. Finally.

The likelihood Brown was running backwards or running, walking or strolling with his arms backwards...IMO is nil.

Btw ...on Fox...Dr Baden also was asked about other things the pot could have been laced with...he bantered on about that and mentioned another "unauthorized leak"

( I took it to mean the completed toxicology is now complete and it shows more than just weed IMO )
Take that for what it's worth....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am just misreading the sentence just above the portion you bolded. As for what you say, no arguments from me there.
I don't think you misread it. I do think you jumped the gun once you saw it, and it maybe blinded you to the rest. ;)

We all have bias, reed . Human nature. Letting it blind us to things that don't confirm it really is something we all have to be cautious to avoid.

*group hug*

Goodnight for real this time! ;)

For me, if it's shown that officer Wilson suffered significant facial injuries, I'll be nearly 100% convinced that this was a justifiable police shooting. It won't take much more evidence to get me to 100%. JMO.

We might diverge there. For me, it's not what happened at the car. I think at the car, there very well could be justification given what you just said. The question for me is what was happening at the time of the fatal shooting. If MB gave himself up, might be enough for an indictment (still think conviction would be difficult). If MB was charging, then it was justified at the time of the fatal shots. A person can be the biggest piece of crap and just broke a cop's nose, but if he gives himself up, he gives himself up. If he doesn't give himself up, different story. So, 35 feet away--Did MB give himself up or did he charge? I suppose what little we know so far suggests both.

That, plus any DNA on the gun from MB and I doubt that there will be an indictment. I can't imagine OW being charged with manslaughter.

I forgot about DNA when I posted about indirect evidence. If MB's DNA is found on officer Wilson's gun, one can draw a very strong inference that MB tried to grab it. Two piece's of circumstantial evidence that could prove to me that this was a justifiable shooting.

We'll have to wait and see if this evidence exists. JMO.

I don't know if you had seen when I posted, but in talking with a cop from a nearby city up there that has been working Ferguson, he told me not DNA but MB's fingerprints are on the gun and blood in the car. No idea if he's accurate or if it's just rumor mill amongst the cops. If this post needs to be deleted, please do so. Obviously no link and wouldn't even pass the rumor along if it wasn't from someone directly involved.

I don't think you misread it. I do think you jumped the gun once you saw it, and it maybe blinded you to the rest. ;)

We all have bias, reed . Human nature. Letting it blind us to things that don't confirm it really is something we all have to be cautious to avoid.

*group hug*

Goodnight for real this time! ;)

Goodnight and not far behind.

Does it even really matter if MB was trying to take the officer's gun. An assault alone is a felony. The officer had every right to defend himself. jmo

I think it matters. I think it makes the assault about 1000 times worse. But I agree that the assault alone was bad enough. If it's shown MB had ANY contact with OW's gun, I think it's hugely significant. Remember that statistic and link discussed upthread? 510 officers killed over ten years, and 53 of them killed with their own sidearm? That's huge. Imagine a competent defense attorney going over THAT in an opening statement.

Video from the Megyn Kelly show:

Aug 29, 2014
What did we learn from Michael Brown's autopsy?

Dr. Michael Baden lays out the facts

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-kelly-file/index.html

BBM

That's the problem I have with Baden, he really doesn't have the facts. The ME Mary Case will not release that information to anyone except for the Prosecutor. After an autopsy is done then the body is released to the family who usually have it prepared for a funeral.

He just seems so iffy about it all and I think it's because he doesn't have much to work with right now.

I don't know if you had seen when I posted, but in talking with a cop from a nearby city up there that has been working Ferguson, he told me not DNA but MB's fingerprints are on the gun and blood in the car. No idea if he's accurate or if it's just rumor mill amongst the cops. If this post needs to be deleted, please do so. Obviously no link and wouldn't even pass the rumor along if it wasn't from someone directly involved.

Fingerprints. Yes that would do it.

BBM

That's the problem I have with Baden, he really doesn't have the facts. The ME Mary Case will not release that information to anyone except for the Prosecutor. After an autopsy is done then the body is released to the family who usually have it prepared for a funeral.

He just seems so iffy about it all and I think it's because he doesn't have much to work with right now.

I agree. But in defense of Dr. Baden I have to say that he is quite honest in that interview, pointing out it would be important to have MB's t-shirt for further clarification what happened that day etc.

We might diverge there. For me, it's not what happened at the car. I think at the car, there very well could be justification given what you just said. The question for me is what was happening at the time of the fatal shooting. If MB gave himself up, might be enough for an indictment (still think conviction would be difficult). If MB was charging, then it was justified at the time of the fatal shots. A person can be the biggest piece of crap and just broke a cop's nose, but if he gives himself up, he gives himself up. If he doesn't give himself up, different story. So, 35 feet away--Did MB give himself up or did he charge? I suppose what little we know so far suggests both.

Since we don't have evidence that shows us what happened I left it open about whether this is a justifiable shooting. I think it is but I don't know that it is.

However, if officer Wilson suffered facial injuries consistent with an assault and further evidence (blood trails) shows that MB was moving towards him at the time of the fatal shot, I would have to say that this was a justifiable shooting. JMO.

No. It doesn't matter at all. What matters is what happened 35 feet from that vehicle IMO. No, MB didn't have a gun at that point, but the question still remains, were his hands up or was he charging the officer, thus creating the immediate need to use deadly force in order to effectuate the arrest.

The officer didn't know if MB had a weapon, nor did he know if his accomplice had a weapon. He has every right to defend himself. It's unfortunate MB made the decision to attack...imo that was the point of no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member