MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"ZAKI BARUTI: 'If some of our demands are not dealt with, you’ll see more civil disobedience in the spirit of Dr. King, because we’re not just going to sit by and just let injustice be constantly impacting us'.”

http://www.eslarp.uiuc.edu/ibex/archive/clayton/men/a-b/baruti_zaki.htm

Zaki Baruti, aka Levoy Reed, is a perennial Green Party candidate. He's the President/General of the Universal African Peoples Org. An old bio says he was a teacher at E. St. Louis HS when he was apparently relieved of teaching and reassigned to the Special Education Dept, which didn't sit well with him. He took a 10 day paid vacay to Libya [while imo he was temporarily suspended by the Board of Educ] and met Qadafy, where he may have become fully radicalized.

Interviewed by Shoah, a Pro-Palestinian site, Baruti said:

Are there organized forces taking the lead in St. Louis and Ferguson?
ZB: "There are several key grassroots organizations that have consistently spoken truth to power and made efforts to organize our youth to address the issues of police brutality and harassment. In addition to the groups I represent, there is the Tauheed Youth Organization, led by a brother Anthony Shahid who has been working diligently. You have the New Black Panther Party on the ground there, Nation of Islam Mosque #28, the Organization for Black Struggle, the Moorish Science Temple. But let me be clear: there are many spontaneous protests organized by youth who do not belong to any particular organization. Out of this struggle, we’re hoping to mobilize them into some form of organized movement in terms of attracting them to our organizations or any others that speak truth to power."

While that is horrible and intolerable in our society, I don't believe it is rampant.

I also firmly believe that Officer Wilson is not a racist. If he were, and Ferguson has SO MANY complaints against the force, why is it that he is seemingly the one guy who managed to keep his bloodthirsty racism so hidden under the radar to only manifest itself in the coldblooded killing of a young black unarmed teen.

IF...and it is a HUGE if to me at this point....but IF it is shown that OW was not justified in the shooting, I feel there would be about 10-15 other reasons much higher on his priority list as to why he would have done it, and I think those things would be perhaps the bold walking down the center of the street, the refusal to get out of the street, the punch to the eye, the trying to get the gun, the gun going off, the running away from him, the (possible) taunting him in the street...etc...but I would be willing to bet my life that whatever the reason OW did shoot MB, it had nothing to do with race. Yet here we all are.

in my "what if" scenario - i have ow pulling away withOUT giving them a ticket - which also supports that ow was not ticket hungry or only giving tickets to different races. if he then stopped his car/backed up - this was 'cause he saw the cigarillos and put 2+2 together.

So they are blocking traffic because the police did an investigation into Mike's death and took too long?
Ok.

All posts are MOO

around here - it's against the law to intentionally block traffic. why are they allowed to do it?

What are the laws regarding cigarettes and cigars? If they are stolen? Since the feds tax these don't they have to be reported as stolen? (or paid for out of store owners pocket?)
I see numbers written on packs in stores and they are always counting them!

All posts are MOO

in my "what if" scenario - i have ow pulling away withOUT giving them a ticket - which also supports that ow was not ticket hungry or only giving tickets to different races. if he then stopped his car/backed up - this was 'cause he saw the cigarillos and put 2+2 together.

Re DW "driving away" after telling the 2 males to get out of the street...
DJ to Al Sharpton: "I said, "Officer, we're less than a minute away from our destination...And we continued to walk, because I was under the impression that the officer was gonna drive off." IOW, they kept walking in the middle of the street, leaving DW behind. Or it seems entirely possible to me DJ/MB never stopped at all, but just spoke to DW as they walked along with DW moving in reverse beside them.

Funny... that's what MB posted on facebook the night before he died.

I'm sorry but I think this kid had a death wish.
Dorian was "headed to the store" to walk and talk with MB? Dorian didn't buy anything did he?

Mike stole something that is taxed by the feds. (has to be reported stolen) walked down the middle of the freaking street waiting on the police.
Eta: making himself able to be seen. Moo...
He might as well have walked out into the parking lot, sat the cigarillos on the ground and waited.

We have the ATF for a reason...
https://www.atf.gov/content/contact-us/hotlines

All posts are MOO

around here - it's against the law to intentionally block traffic. why are they allowed to do it?

Has there been a call for drivers to block particular roads, or just a generalized call to block any road you're driving on at 4:30 p.m.? I haven't seen a call for people on foot to block roads, which would work a lot better than counting on random drivers on random roads to do such.

Dorian was "headed to the store" to walk and talk with MB? Dorian didn't buy anything did he?

Mike stole something that is taxed by the feds. (has to be reported stolen) walked down the middle of the freaking street waiting on the police.
He might as well have walked out into the parking lot, sat the cigarillos on the ground and waited.

All posts are MOO

yikes - i didn't know that! gonna go try to find my f/book password .

Eta: making himself able to be seen. Moo...

All posts are MOO

<modsnip> I think MB would be viewed much more sympathetically if seen as someone who either wasn't in his right mind at the time or was incapable of following/understanding instructions from the police officer.

yikes - i didn't know that! gonna go try to find my f/book password .
"And the black teenager from this suburb of St. Louis, who had just graduated from high school, sent his father and stepmother a picture of the sky from his cellphone. “Now I believe,” he told them."
***he graduated on Aug 1 2014.

“Everything happen for a reason,” he posted to Facebook the night before he was shot. “Just start putting 2 n 2 together. You’ll see it.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/2...ling-with-lifes-mysteries.html?referrer=&_r=0

Why would he strong arm a little guy for cigarillos?
Why would he walk in the middle of the street with stolen cigarillos and refuse to move?
Why would he punch/assault a police officer?
Why would he run towards someone shooting at him?
—------------------

And the black teenager from this suburb of St. Louis, who had just graduated from high school, sent his father and stepmother a picture of the sky from his cellphone. “Now I believe,”

“Everything happen for a reason, just start putting 2 n 2 together. You’ll see it.”

All posts are MOO

Imo, the interpretation of 'they' in that statement is that she is lumping ODW, with all LE, together as one; stereotyping...labeling... 'Five-O'..

I guess that you could take it that way, but that would a.) be understandable if police/community relations were not good and b.) be irrelevant to whether her account was true or not. It certainly doesn't make her "not a witness" as someone was claiming.

You honestly haven't seen some of the people claiming to support DW? There is a vast majority that are civilized and have simply seen it best to support him. But, there have also been a vocal minority that are beyond racist. The death threats lodged are not one sided. Both sides have their idiots.

Yes I have not honestly seen any threats to DJ. Could you please give me some links.

Yes I have not honestly seen any threats to DJ. Could you please give me some links.
If he changed his story and said he lied about everything. MB was mad and punched OW hard, he tried to stop him, he was right there really close, but MB was too big. MB did rush OW but I was mad at the police so I lied. All the demonstrations and looting and fires y'all set was based on a lie.
Ya think he'd have a death threat or two then?
Or would people think he was still lying?

Actually, that might be a lesson we as people need to learn... Don't riot and burn down the neighborhood based on "he said, she said."..
I dunno...

All posts are MOO

Why would he strong arm a little guy for cigarillos?
Why would he walk in the middle of the street with stolen cigarillos and refuse to move?
Why would he punch/assault a police officer?
Why would he run towards someone shooting at him?
&#8212;------------------
All posts are MOO

My guess, MB was mentally and/or psychedelically impaired. Since MB reportedly had few friends, he could have "just been following orders" from someone pretending to be his friend. I still think Unknown Guy with MB/DJ during the robbery is a definite person of interest.

Streetlights?
Are those cameras?
On the top of the light? My streetlights don't have anything on top.
a695197df9a2c1c2bfa4141ebde0125d.jpg

53681b866c2c633a5d16dd7d28f2cc0e.jpg

If so there was one right above MB's body.
2974 Coppercreek Rd

http://goo.gl/maps/bWxHX

All posts are MOO

I think those might be light sensors, I know some street lights have then.

Imo, the interpretation of 'they' in that statement is that she is lumping ODW, with all LE, together as one; stereotyping...labeling... 'Five-O'..

"He shot him" would come from someone who saw Wilson shoot Mike Brown. "They shot him" would indicate someone reacting to news they heard well after the fact. "I witnessed the cop chase after him" would come from someone who saw Wilson shoot Mike Brown, "I witnessed the police chase after him" would indicate multiple cops or not getting the story she was supposed to tell right.

Everybody is extremely mad at this, this is another Trayvon Martin story. A young man died before his time because of brutality from a different race, its racial profiling.
This in the hours immediately after the shooting, probably coached or influenced, like her accounts of the shooting, by Shahid.

I question how she saw the tussle from the opposite side of the car with dark tinted windows of the police cruiser. She admits she couldn't see the other side of the SUV in another statement, yet gives the same account as Tiffany about the tussle she couldn't possibly have seen? She got the tussle second hand from Johnson through Shahid, just like Mitchell did.

Crenshaw said the reason she looked out the window was because Tiffany was calling her to "come down" for work. That indicates Tiffany was there. If Tiffany was on site, the scuffle was happening as she pulled up, so there would be no nonchalant "come down" for work. It would be "there's a fight with a cop down here". Tiffany mentions consistently when she arrived that she pulled out her phone to shoot video, but didn't because of shots fired. Pulling out your phone indicates it was in her purse or pocket. So, best case scenario for them is that Tiffany called before she arrived on Canfield, then put her phone in her purse. In that scenario, Piaget would have looked out the window and either saw nothing or saw the very beginning when the cop first approached Brown and Johnson. And if she saw the very beginning, with phone in hand from the call from Tiffany, she would surely have recorded the event or included it in her statements. If she saw nothing, she'd have went on with her business until, at best, she heard the first gunshot, missing the tussle part. When she finally did record, there was no focus on Wilson specifically. If I saw Wilson shoot Mike Brown in cold blood, I don't think "they shot this boy" would be my comment on the recording while I am scanning all around, it would have been "that's the SOB who executed this kid in broad daylight" focusing as clearly and concisely as I could on Wilson to show someone in authority who it was.

Um, well, when I looked out the window and saw the original tussle going on, I quickly grabbed my purse, tried to run to the other window and at that time it was over with. I heard the shots fired and I saw the hole with the building in it and Michael was running down the street at that time.

If no one is swayed by the "they" versus "he", the phone call that caused her to look out the window, the recording after the fact, or that she couldn't see the tussle on the other side of the car, this last quote is the mess that should conclude it. I heard the shots, not I saw him shoot. Why grab the purse??? Who looks away as something like this is happening? Brady did the same thing. She saw the hole in the building from her apartment - what kind of eagle eyes and attention to detail did that require in the chaotic 50 second this lasted? And this quote was in response to "Could you tell who fired the first shot?"

I honestly don't see how anyone could believe a word out of her mouth. I think the reason no one impeaches her is because once you acknowledge that one witness simply relayed a story they were told, you have no choice to wonder the same about the other three.

By the way Foxfire, I am not directing this post at you, just used your post as a place to chime in.

If he changed his story and said he lied about everything. MB was mad and punched OW hard, he tried to stop him, he was right there really close, but MB was too big. MB did rush OW but I was mad at the police so I lied. All the demonstrations and looting and fires y'all set was based on a lie.
Ya think he'd have a death threat or two then?
Or would people think he was still lying?

Actually, that might be a lesson we as people need to learn... Don't riot and burn down the neighborhood based on "he said, she said."..
I dunno...

All posts are MOO
I was responding to a post by someone implying DJ was being threatened by OW supporters not MB supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member