Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late

(KMOV.com) – Even though organizers said a protest to tie up traffic on local interstates had been put on hold at the request of Michael Brown Jr’s family, several protesters elected to block traffic Monday afternoon.

http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Plans-to-block-interstates-to-protest-Ferguson-shooting-called-off-for-now-273482891.html

Highway shutdown postponed, but not everyone got the message

http://fox2now.com/2014/09/01/michael-brown-protesters-call-off-plan-to-block-highways/

I think the headline sums it up.

Haha, I'm deleting my post because the article above pretty much confirms what I suspected, but from much better sources than just my own imagination.

So, carry on :)

I saw this article and it says two different donation sites and it gathered over 400k. Really curious about why it was shut down.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-officer-fundraisers-20140831-story.html

I exchanged a few emails with the first funds admin (first email was to tell them to shut the comments off before racism accusations became a problem) not sure why the paper didn't get a response I had no problem getting one.

The admin sounds a bit naive but did not write like a typical a teenager.

Catching up (still) - so maybe you've discussed this : Dorian Johnson Support Group - one of those online funding sites (link won't post)

A fund for DJ now has $130 after 10 days....They are seeking $100,000 in order to - and I quote - "help bring a little normalcy back into the life of this brave young man."

Whoa....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to raise some funds to help him pay his bills...DJ's got obligations he isn't meeting, IMO.

But he and his family (girlfriend and baby daughter, I think) are in Federal protective custody.

Aren't they meeting his obligations?

Catching up (still) - so maybe you've discussed this : Dorian Johnson Support Group - one of those online funding sites (link won't post)

A fund for DJ now has $130 after 10 days....They are seeking $100,000 in order to - and I quote - "help bring a little normalcy back into the life of this brave young man."

It appears many people are attempting to turn a profit out of this tragedy.

Things I learned last night:

1) I wished I had been warned not to view DJs gf's twitter. Consider yourself warned.

2) I did not realize Twitter allowed pictures p*rn*graphic in nature.

3) The person in the photograph holding a Glock in one hand and a wad of money between his teeth is not MB. It is his cousin. The cousin murdered his great grandmother in Oregon last October. http://www.kshb.com/news/crime/moth...of-murdering-family-member-in-oregon-in-shock

CORRECTION: The two murderers of Ms Bell are cousins. "A photo surfacing online for several days has misidentified a Washington County murder suspect as Ferguson, Mo., shooting victim Michael Brown.

Joda Cain, 18, and his cousin Micus Ward face aggravated murder charges in the October 2013 slaying of Cain's great-grandmother, 71-year-old Jacqueline Bell." http://www.oregonlive.com/north-of-26/index.ssf/2014/08/ferguson_shooting_michael_brow.html

"The photo in question shows Jodah Cain with a wad of cash in his mouth and a gun in his hand. Cain and his cousin were arrested in 2013 in the death of Cain's great-grandmother.

At some point last week, a photo of Cain began circulating on Facebook and Twitter, with many people claiming the teen in the photo to be Brown."

http://www.kptv.com/story/26316705/...f-oregon-murder-suspect-in-michael-brown-rant

moo omho mho

1) I wished I had been warned not to view DJs gf's twitter. Consider yourself warned.

3) The person in the photograph holding a Glock in one hand and a wad of money between his teeth is not MB. It is his cousin. The cousin murdered his great grandmother in Oregon last October. http://www.kshb.com/news/crime/moth...of-murdering-family-member-in-oregon-in-shock

moo omho mho

The amazing thing is just how adorable that little baby is. It makes me so sad that she is in the middle of all of this mess.

P.S. Looking back through her (and DJ's) twitter feeds, it appears that there is at least one or more people close to them who have died "before their time."

I absolutely believe there are bad cops out there, but I do not believe they are the majority. From my personal experience, so far I've managed to live 70 years without being locked up, shot at, or cursed at by a cop. I've had ONE speeding ticket in my entire life--that's the extent of my run-in with the law. Was I speeding? Yes. I paid the fine before the court date. Although I believe to this day that I was not speeding as much as the cop said I was, I do believe I was speeding. Is that the only time I've broken the speed limit but not been caught? Absolutely not.

Now, on the other hand, I have a relative who spent some time in prison for possession of Meth. It's been years ago, and he still blames the LE for his prison stay, even though he WAS guilty of the charge, plus he tried for fake the urine test by taping a vial of someone else's urine to his leg and giving that sample instead of his own the day he showed up for court. They poured that one out and made him wait till he could pee again...he tested positive. He hates the cops and believes they are all bad cause they sent him to prison for nothing. He contends that it shouldn't be against the law to use meth because all the ingredients it takes to make it are legal to purchase. That makes about as much sense as saying everything it takes to make a bomb is legal to purchase, so it shouldn't be against the law to make a bomb. The fact is, LE saved his life because he is clean now. He would have been dead if he had not gone to prison, but he just doesn't see it that way.

You can act in a way where LE will be your best friend, or you can act in a way where they will be your worst enemy. I have a hard time believing that LE just decides to arrest or shoot somebody for no reason at all except they can. JMO

I bet there are many cops who have had complaints filed. jmo

According to this article in WaPo

"about 13 percent of Ferguson’s officers have faced excessive-force investigations. ...the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project, funded by the libertarian Cato Institute, estimated on the basis of 2010 data that about 1 percent of U.S. police officers — 9.8 out of every 1,000 — will be cited for or charged with misconduct. Half of those cases involve excessive force."

So, about 1/2 of 1 percent of U.S. police officers have been cited for or charged with excessive force. And about 13 percent of Ferguson's officers have faced excessive force investigations.

This suggests to me a few things:

First, the people of Ferguson aren't particularly reluctant to file excessive force complaints.

Second, the FPD has serious systemic problems.

Third and finally, if DW had made a habit of using excessive force, it's likely there would have been one or more complaints against him.

IMO, the FPD badly needs top-to-bottom reform.

Also IMO, DW was not one of the bad apples, and was completely justified in shooting MB. I'm open to revising that opinion if credible evidence to the contrary comes to light, but that's what I believe right now, based on the level of credibility I give to the various bits of evidence of which I'm aware.

The amazing thing is just how adorable that little baby is. It makes me so sad that she is in the middle of all of this mess.

P.S. Looking back through her (and DJ's) twitter feeds, it appears that there is at least one or more people close to them who have died "before their time."

Including DJ's 16 yo brother who drove a car into a tree, leaving behind a 1 yo daughter. I can see how DJ, described as growing up in a house with his mom, his aunt, and a combined 19 kids, could be true if grandkids were in the mix.

Uhhh...I beg to differ. If this is about stereotyping those "white world/neighborhoods" do not have bars and bullet proof glass protecting the convenience stores, they do not have high crime rates, folks are not afraid to walk down their streets at night in those "white neighborhoods".

Recreational drug use and violent crime are two VERY VERY different things!

I totally agree, but I think the point is that more affluent kids have a much wider safety net that keeps them out of "the system" when caught with drugs. As several people here have described, their families often have the resources to help give the kids more chances to get straightened out before getting incarcerated. I think that support makes a huge difference in the kids lives, but many families don;t have the resources.
What was the stat in Ferguson- black people twice a slikely to getting their car searched as whites- even though they were finding more drugs on whites? There can be a reluctance on PDs part to charge people perceived to have more resources- good lawyers or powerful contacts, or even to charge people they can better "relate" to. I think a lot of people can be guilty of giving breaks or preferential treatment to those they can relate to, not realizing that this actually contributes to institutionalizing racism.

I will assume that you noticed two months of tweets are missing from DJs acct. I did not think about checking his gf's for gaps in between shocking tweets since I sorta hurried through her acct and got on out of there without reading all of them. Far too nasty for me. JMO

I was deeply disturbed to see them blow smoke from their dope with their baby nearby. That's considered child endangerment in my book of life.

moo omho and all that jazz

moo omho mho

The person in the photo is not MB's cousin. Do you have a link that states otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey