MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks! After reading about the loser posting photos of OW, asking for his whereabouts, etc...and reading some of the comments there, in particular the bloggers own comments, I am really and truly disheartened. It makes me happy that I have business taking me away from my computer for the day so that I can get this case out of my head for a while.

I have a quirky sense of humor, so y'all might not find this recent "police misconduct alleged by minister and his terrified wife" story from NC hilarious and delicious, but I sure do:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/26364569/video-obtained-after-pastor-naacp-claim-police-mistreatment

ETA: NAACP video in the link shows the "pastor" praying for guidance before he issued his false claims against police. He doesn't appear to be black, which would seem to nullify a charge that the police officer targeted him because of his race.

Just a reminder about blogs:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

I may sit in on it. Gonna be in Clayton at 9. Think I might jump in real quick. Thanks for posting the time and Division.

That would be awesome if you could :happydance:

From your link: " The family's attorney, Benjamin Crump, has refused to discuss whether Brown had a juvenile record."

Seems to me if MB didn't have a juvenile record, Crump would be screaming it from the roof tops. What reason woud he have for refusing to discuss it other than...............

And then when/if it's released, we'll hear the standard "It has nothing to do with this case"

IMO

From your link: " The family's attorney, Benjamin Crump, has refused to discuss whether Brown had a juvenile record."

Seems to me if MB didn't have a juvenile record, Crump would be screaming it from the roof tops. What reason would he have for refusing to discuss it other than...............

Yep Apollo, unspoken-words: Winston S. Churchill quote: 'We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out..'
Ironically the felonies committed by Michael Brown, which occurred on August 9, 2014 will never be adjudicated. MB will likely have a clean criminal record, at least on paper, if the lawsuits seeking his juvenile records are denied, imo..

From this excerpt it sure seems he was well known to the university police officer.

Then a Lincoln University police officer reportedly walked in the room. The report states, ‘Due to previous contacts with Johnson, he immediately recognized him as Dorian J. Johnson.’

Now I am wondering if the media will try to get his juvenile records too?

Re MB's possible juvie record, just a reminder that his family told the NYT reporter, who wrote an extended article on MB's history, that he had never been in trouble with the law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/25/us/michael-brown-spent-last-weeks-grappling-with-lifes-mysteries.html

"He did not have a criminal record as an adult, and his family said he never got in trouble with the law as a juvenile, either."

We will see if that turns out to be truthful or not if the records are released.

They also said he was a gentle giant too and we all know how truthful that turned out to be.

That would be awesome if you could :happydance:

I'm definitely going. I won't be surprised if I'm disappointed though. It is not unusual for hearings to be held in chambers instead of out on the bench. Maybe with this being such a public case, the Judge will change it up and hear it on the bench. If she doesn't, though, and it's heard in chambers, it isn't because of some conspiracy. Just typical for how the Judges in the County hear their motions. If it needs to be on the record with a court reporter (most motions don't, this one may), it will be more likely to be on the bench.

A subject I haven't seen explored enough is the code of silence in effect within LE and within urban black neighborhoods. Body cams would go a long way in weeding out bad cops, but what's the remedy for the "snitches get stitches" reality?

I think it has nothing to do with this case. Charles Johnson is, IMO, justly reviled by most decent Americans, and perhaps journalists in particular, for being the person who called one of the journalists that ISIS beheaded 'cowardly' (among other things) for reading a statement they prepared while he had a gun to his head. He is not a reputable journalist.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/.../charles-johnson-james-foley-tweets/14320165/

IMO, he should not be considered as a MSM source for discussion purposes here.

Ok, that just fixed my opinion about him as a human being. Forget journalist. As a journalist, for all I know he writes for MSM but I just always assumed he was some hack that wouldn't be anywhere near the journalism profession 20 years ago. If it weren't for technology and anyone and everyone being able to post on the internet and call themselves a journalist, I would highly doubt he would be writing for anyone.

County Sheriffs' here start at 23,500 and must have at least a 2 yr degree.

He could work in a different division; jail, court, detective, training; I am not sure he would want to either.

That's disgusting. Seriously, how are you supposed to attract the best candidates tot he profession, much less that department, with that kind of pay. Triple that and maybe they'd have the luxury of being pickier in their hiring selections.

That's disgusting. Seriously, how are you supposed to attract the best candidates tot he profession, much less that department, with that kind of pay. Triple that and maybe they'd have the luxury of being pickier in their hiring selections.

A person could make that where I live by asking, "would you like fries with that"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen multiple "articles" discussing the height and stature of OW, stating he is tall and strong, etc.

It seems to me, it would support an unjustified shooting more if he were small and meek, no? If he's tall and strong, he could fight back and would be less likely to fire on MB for no reason. He wouldn't be as intimidated, they'd be a bit more equal, so why would these articles seem to imply his stature makes him more likely to shoot an unarmed teen? I'm confused.

I have a quirky sense of humor, so y'all might not find this recent "police misconduct alleged by minister and his terrified wife" story from NC hilarious and delicious, but I sure do:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/26364569/video-obtained-after-pastor-naacp-claim-police-mistreatment

ETA: NAACP video in the link shows the "pastor" praying for guidance before he issued his false claims against police. He doesn't appear to be black, which would seem to nullify a charge that the police officer targeted him because of his race.

It looks to me like he didn't quite make the jump to the bandwagon and fell flat on his face.

:cow:

If the ShotSpotter analysis is correct, it raises more questions. If the shooter doesn't move, how does that square with witness accounts of OW following MB shooting? If MB's body is 130' for OW's car, I can't make sense of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo