MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I disagree all the way around. I would much rather have complete transparency all the way around. It's completely unfortunate when an officer is involved in a shooting, justified or unjustified, but transparency in such cases is important to me. I don't care if they withhold it to a later time, when all of the information is presented in a coherent fashion instead of being leaked piece meal. But I think it's important that not just the names of those involved are provided, but what steps were taken in investigating the incident, what was found from that investigation and the reasoning or rationale for whatever decision is made. If an officer is going to use lethal force, which they are perfectly entitled to use and should use under the right circumstances, I as a citizen want it to be confirmed as transparently as possible that he not only was acting within the color of the law but that he is not a threat to step outside of the law down the road.

Oh, and I want to know his name in case I'm pulled over by the officer down the road.

Oh, I agree. I like transparency too. I was just making a point that it would seem unfair to release MB's name (or any police shooting victim) and not OW's (or any police shooter). Either both, or neither, would seem fair. To allow MB to be judged in the public eye and investigated by the media, but not extend that to OW, the guy who actually shot him, would not be fair, IMO. And as you alluded to, if all police shooter's names were allowed to be kept hush-hush, I think that would reduce accountability. IMO, it might even result in more police shootings as police would possibly think they had a license to kill and get away with it.

Oh, I agree. I like transparency too. I was just making a point that it would seem unfair to release MB's name (or any police shooting victim) and not OW's (or any police shooter). Either both, or neither, would seem fair. To allow MB to be judged in the public eye and investigated by the media, but not extend that to OW, the guy who actually shot him, would not be fair, IMO.

But even before OW's name was released, he was already being judged by the pubic. They just didn't, immediately, have a name to put to him. And as soon as they did, OW's past has been examined as painstakingly as MB's. I believe his name was withheld only long enough for he and his family to try to seek some shelter and safety from the media and radical elements of the public.

Besides, weren't there people who talked to the media that identified MB, even before it was released by LE? I'm not sure so I will try to go back and see if this is right.

I haven't heard; have they been threatened?

Not sure. I was talking theoretically and generally - just saying it's possible that they could also be threatened, so revealing their names could also theoretically lead to a loss of safety for them.

I think he will be able to resume being a police officer, eventually. Just not there...

I'm not sure he'd want to. And it would be very 'dangerous.' He could not have something like this to happen again.

I don't know how much more they make elsewhere, but I suspect that is another reason FPD has a hard time retaining their better cops. Besides the fact that I'd rather make 45k in west county where I write tickets all day instead of 45k in a higher crime area.

ETA - Yes, WAY underpaid in other words. Though I think a lot of people are underpaid, including myself.

County Sheriffs' here start at 23,500 and must have at least a 2 yr degree.

I'm not sure he'd want to. And it would be very 'dangerous.' He could not have something like this to happen again.

He could work in a different division; jail, court, detective, training; I am not sure he would want to either.

County Sheriffs' here start at 23,500 and must have at least a 2 yr degree.

He could work in a different division; jail, court, detective, training; I am not sure he would want to either.

Thud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. I was talking theoretically and generally - just saying it's possible that they could also be threatened, so revealing their names could also theoretically lead to a loss of safety for them.

Do you think OW has been threatened? " and Wilson -- who has received death threats -- has disappeared from public view." http://www.kmov.com/special-coverag...g-Wheres-Officer-Darren-Wilson-272414901.html

A theoretical and general opinion is reasonably nullified by real life fact in this case, right?

Pix of LEO Wilson (no date) and more.

-snipping link just because I don't want to help them win more clicks-

Also at link, more pix of LEO Wilson and others.
Wow. I thought the choice of words in the article and headline were offensive enough, but when it finished with this:

"Now that we know more of an idea of what Darren Wilson looks like, it would be helpful to know where he is. If you have any idea, please email us at [email address I won't give here] "

... My head just exploded. :mad:

I see the writer is getting a chewing out by someone who seems to be familiar with him, and his defense is apparently typically juvenile.

I hope at least his request for help in finding DW gets removed I'm going to see if it can be requested.

This whole thing has reduced my faith in humanity to a new low. :(

I don't see how to report that article and his request for help finding Officer Wilson's current location, and apparently Gawker has pretty low standards. If anyone else can figure it out, please let me know. I and others will help.

I did save the pics, and will post them if you guys want to see them without giving him clicks and I get an OK from the mods. Or someone else can.

(I doubt he'll learn anything about Wilson's location, btw. It's just the principle of the thing... This is beneath contempt IMO.)

I don't see how to report that article and his request for help finding Officer Wilson's current location, and apparently Gawker has pretty low standards. If anyone else can figure it out, please let me know. I and others will help.

I did save the pics, and will post them if you guys want to see them without giving him clicks and I get an OK from the mods. Or someone else can.

(I doubt he'll learn anything about Wilson's location, btw. It's just the principle of the thing... This is beneath contempt IMO.)

ITA! I hope there is a way it can be shut down. What a slimebag.

ETA: I deleted my previous post because I did not want Officer Wilson's pic posted again with the website

ITA! I hope there is a way it can be shut down. What a slimebag.
Truly. No shame. And I made the mistake of looking at some of the comments.

Ugh.

Now I'll never get back to sleep. I should have known it wasn't a good time to check in for news. :o

It's going to be an early morning, though, so I'm going to try. Goodnight, Dana! :heart:

Truly. No shame. And I made the mistake of looking at some of the comments.

Ugh.

Now I'll never get back to sleep. I should have known it wasn't a good time to check in for news. :o

It's going to be an early morning, though, so I'm going to try. Goodnight, Dana! :heart:

LOL Muffet! I was doing the same thing! Right before bed looking at a site that totally ticked me off and now I can't sleep! It's 4am here and I'm now wide awake.
Hope you get some sleep regardless. G'nite Muffet :)

OMG. I can't believe this garbage is still being spouted. Someone/they, in my opinion, wants a race war, wants the pot stirred, has no interest in peace, or the best interests of the United States or ANY of her people. As far as I'm concerned, this is blatant trouble making.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/emmett-till-michael-brown-story-old-america-itself

For two weeks now, as we’ve watched the events in Ferguson, Missouri unfold, there’s been a vulgar familiarity about them. The grieving family, the protesters, the police in gas masks and military garb: They all seemed locked into a story as old as America itself. It is the story of implicit bias, black pain, disenfranchised communities and systemic racism.

I want to throw up.

Acoustic experts detail purported Ferguson shooting

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...c-experts-detail-purported-ferguson-shooting/

When the purported recording was revealed earlier this week, the experts analyzed it, said Ralph Clark, chief executive officer of [ShotSpotter technology].

Takeaways: the shootings all took place within about 6.5 seconds. There was a 3 sec pause between shot #6 and shot #7. The shooter didn't move more than 4 feet.

6.5 seconds???

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members