MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....wonder what that tweet from Chuck Johnson actually means...

Thank goodness I don't twitter...and it's because of people like him who keep the GP hanging on like it's a game.
He wants people to beg him for the truth. yawnnnnnnnnn

From the above link:

What does that mean, 'was never found delinquent'? Does it mean that he was never charged, or that he was charged and was going through the legal system attending all his hearings, etc. Anyone know???

In the juvie system FOUND DELINQUENT=CONVICTED

KMOX St. Louis News ‏@kmoxnews 10m
Juvenile court system lawyer: #MichaelBrown was never charged with serious felony http://cbsloc.al/1uB1pLc

Jesse Bogan ‏@JesseBogan 11m
Juvenile court: Michael Brown had no serious felony convictions, did not face felony charges: http://bit.ly/1qd2JED via @STLtoday

Well...these quotes really are a little "off." There is a subtle nuance here, the lawyer never said "no felonies" he just said "no serious felonies." Some would call it an important distinction, as in there are likely some less serious felonies or non-felonies on the record, otherwise he WOULD have said "no felonies" or perhaps even "there is NO RECORD."

So what's in there? Should we know? Should we care? I dunno.

I wonder if DJ was living illegally at Canfield Green, i.e. are convicted felons prohibited from living in subsidized housing? One sure way to reduce crime in a neighborhood would be to kick the felons out imo. Ditto any girlfriend, grandma, roomie who illegally habors them.

How did I miss that Canfield Green is subsidized?

Ferguson's new minority-owned PR firm better get busy spinning this:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...8-9790-b04ec22c26e8.html#.VAdfDJW5sMY.twitter

"Now, the [mostly white, middle class] Francis Howell School District anticipates it will have no choice but to allow 350 or so [Normandy HS] transfer to return. Superintendent Pam Sloan told parents in a letter today that the district is making plans for that to happen soon.
“We do not know how many of the eligible students will have an interest in returning,” she wrote. “As always, our school district will comply with all court orders and laws.”

What was the court officer looking at which s/he said showed no A,B,C felonies? If it was a court record of MB's, how does that jibe with his mom's contention he'd never been in trouble with the law?

It doesn't. Just more lies from people that claim they want the truth and justice.

Craig Cheatham @CheathamKMOV · 14m

.@DevinJamesGroup hired by city of #Ferguson to help with PR. DJP is minority-owned firm based in Memphis with field office in St. Louis.

Craig Cheatham @CheathamKMOV · 9m

.@DevinJamesGroup, minority-owned firm, will "develop a community engagement plan and strategy" for city of #Ferguson.

Craig Cheatham @CheathamKMOV
· 2m

City of #Ferguson hired a 2nd PR firm that is not minority-owned. Common Ground PR handles media requests and will "monitor media coverage."

Best of luck to them.

I hope it's money well spent.

How did I miss that Canfield Green is subsidized?

It's probably a mix of Section 8/subsidized and others/unsubsidized. I was thinking of unemployed DJ, in particular, and whether convicted felons were legally allowed to live there.

In the courtroom Wednesday, an official said Brown had never been convicted of an A, B or C felony as a juvenile. All other information about his juvenile record was not released.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Mich...onvictions-outstanding-charges-273786371.html

bbm

Great info! Thanks for posting. The article continues to read (BBM):

That issue is being considered in another Clayton courtroom by a grand jury that is also scheduled to meet Wednesday, for its third session since Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch referred the Brown shooting to the secret panel.

Meanwhile, the county Family Court remains under investigation by the federal Justice Department for potential violations of juveniles’ constitutional rights.

My take away from today's lesson in semantics:

Not found delinquent of any class A or B felonies = not found guilty of any
Not facing same =not currently facing any juvenile charges (duh because he was no longer a juvenile so it stands to reason)

So maybe charged but never tried or found guilty of any A or B felonies. Not that it would matter to me in my mind if he had been unless those charges stemmed from serious assault on authority figures and then maybe I could see stretching to its relevance in establishing a pattern of behaviors that could have affected behavior on the day of the shooting.

ETA and now I am seeing varied reports. Some say never found guilty of any A or B felonies, others say never charged. Does anyone have a link to exact quotes by the court (juvenile) officer? TIA

Not facing same =not currently facing any juvenile charges (duh because he was no longer a juvenile so it stands to reason)

So maybe charged but never tried or found guilty of any A or B felonies. Not that it would matter to me in my mind if he had been unless those charges stemmed from serious assault on authority figures and then maybe I could see stretching to its relevance in establishing a pattern of behaviors that could have affected behavior on the day of the shooting.

As far as the semantics go, I would imagine that something could be said for possible offenses (even serious in nature) could have been charged and adjudicated (or pled down) to a lesser offense, or something to that effect.

I guess it depends on what you think the lawyer was trying to say. Was he trying to say 'there is nothing serious here to be concerned about' or was he using specific lawyer speak to divert attention away from what was there.

That said, I've seen crimes classed as felonies that surprise me, as I may not think of them as that serious. Then I see crimes classed as misdemeanors that I think should be felonies. So who the heck knows.

I would not just reduce it to authority figures but to anyone who got assaulted to see a pattern. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member