MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The juvie record was said to be verified by 2 LE sources... federal and state iirc.

For example, here is a list of the most common felonies. The ones I have bolded somewhat surprise me:

http://felonyguide.com/List-of-felony-crimes.php

(1) Drug abuse violations 1,841,182
(2) Driving while Intoxicated 1,427,494 (aka Felony DUI)
(3) Property crime 1,610,088 (includes burglary, larceny, theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.)
(4) Larceny-theft 1,172,762
(5) Assault 1,305,693
(6) Disorderly conduct 709,105
(7) Liquor laws 633,654
(8) Violent crime 597,447 (including murder, non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault.
(9) Drunkenness 589,402
(10) Aggravated assault 433,945
(11) Burglary 303,853
(12) Vandalism 291,575
(13) Fraud 252,873
(14) Weapons violations (carrying or possession) 188,891
(15) Curfew and loitering 143,002
(16) Robbery 126,715
(17) Offenses against family and children 122,812
(18) Stolen property (buying, receiving, possession) 122,061
(19) Motor vehicle theft 118,231
(20) Forgery and counterfeiting 103,448

Here is a list of Class A misdemeanors (in New York) I have copied the ones I thought sounded more serious than some of the felonies, but there are more at the link (some of them I found amusing!)

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/a_misdemeanor.htm

Reckless endangerment in the second degree
Stalking in the third degree
Criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation
Sexual misconduct
Sexual abuse in the second degree
Unlawful imprisonment in the second degree
Possession of burglar's tools
Scheme to defraud the state by unlawfully selling prescriptions
Killing or injuring a police animal :maddening:
Harming an animal trained to aid a person with a disability in the first degree
Obstructing emergency medical services
Escape in the third degree
Absconding from a furlough program
Tampering with a witness in the fourth degree
Providing a juror with a gratuity :thinking:
Tampering with a juror in the first degree :notgood:
Criminal possession of methamphetamine manufacturing material in the second degree
Prostitution in a school zone :gaah:
Riot in the second degree
Inciting to riot :panic:
Directing a laser at an aircraft in the second degree
Harming a service animal in the second degree
Endangering the welfare of a child :scared:
Unlawfully dealing with a child in the first degree
Endangering the welfare of an incompetent or physically disabled person in the second degree
Unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree :confused:

From the above link:

What does that mean, 'was never found delinquent'? Does it mean that he was never charged, or that he was charged and was going through the legal system attending all his hearings, etc. Anyone know???

If he was adjudicated, that is not a "conviction". Another option is "diversion", and another is "informal proceeding".

Well...we already know that MB did commit a felony - strong armed robbery as shown in the tape. Plus, highly likely a 2nd felony with the assault on a police officer. I would venture to guess there are likely a few others in there, such as resisting arrest, attempt to gain access to an officers handgun....so it stands to reason that August 9th wasn't MB's first rodeo.

If he was adjudicated, that is not a "conviction". Another option is "diversion".

http://www.jlc.org/news-room/media-resources/glossary

Adjudication of Delinquency

Definition: A juvenile court judge’s determination as to whether or not a youth committed a delinquent offense. A juvenile adjudication is like an adult criminal conviction, but generally does not subject the youth to the same direct and collateral consequences.

Personally I think the only reason the speculation is still out there is because of how vague and carefully worded all this was. It's not like they came out and said "there is no record", if that were the case it would be said. I would think that IF this goes trial, we will hear more. All IMO

http://www.jlc.org/news-room/media-resources/glossary

Adjudication of Delinquency

Definition: A juvenile court judge’s determination as to whether or not a youth committed a delinquent offense. A juvenile adjudication is like an adult criminal conviction, but generally does not subject the youth to the same direct and collateral consequences.

[SIZE=+1] Court orders not to affect civil rights--not evidence, exception.

[/SIZE]
211.271. 1. No adjudication by the juvenile court upon the status of a child shall be deemed a conviction nor shall the adjudication operate to impose any of the civil disabilities ordinarily resulting from conviction nor shall the child be found guilty or be deemed a criminal by reason of the adjudication.

2. No child shall be charged with a crime or convicted unless the case is transferred to a court of general jurisdiction as provided in this chapter.

3. After a child is taken into custody as provided in section 211.131, all admissions, confessions, and statements by the child to the juvenile officer and juvenile court personnel and all evidence given in cases under this chapter, as well as all reports and records of the juvenile court, are not lawful or proper evidence against the child and shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever in any proceeding, civil or criminal, other than proceedings under this chapter.

4. The disposition made of a child and the evidence given in the court does not operate to disqualify the child in any future civil or military service application or appointment.
[SIZE=-2]
(L. 1957 p. 642 § 211.270, A.L. 1969 p. 353) [/SIZE]

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c200-299/2110000271.htm

Personally I think the only reason the speculation is still out there is because of how vague and carefully worded all this was. It's not like they came out and said "there is no record", if that were the case it would be said. I would think that IF this goes trial, we will hear more. All IMO

The press is interested in Brown's records because they might be the basis of a story. But if this case ever goes to trial, the court will make a decision based only on the circumstances at the time when shots were fired.

The press is interested in Brown's records because they might be the basis of a story. But if this case ever goes to trial, the court will make a decision based only on the circumstances at the time when shots were fired.

But that may not satisfy the crowd (protestors/Sharpton/NBP).....so then what?

And then of course, there's the possibility of civil suits filed, right?

I say let it all out there---and see where the truth lands.

[h=1]Missouri police organization blasts Nixon for Ferguson comments[/h]
"These comments clearly do not reflect what society wants and law enforcement expects, which is a complete and thorough investigation, regardless who the victim or defendant may be. Your use of the phrase 'vigorous prosecution,' suggests guilt before due process, which results in no justice for the families, law enforcement and society," the letter says.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_5137b697-73b3-59dd-9c0c-b018fd06d77b.html

I think it's important to release all of the truths that are out there---after all, there's about $1.0 Million dollars in damages caused by looter/protestors that will be picked up by the taxpayer.

The truth shall set you free so I say let it rip!

Exception to the rules of evidence.

http://federalevidence.com/rules-of-evidence#Rule404

(2) Exceptions for a Defendant or Victim in a Criminal Case. The following exceptions apply in a criminal case:
(A) a defendant may offer evidence of the defendant’s pertinent trait, and if the evidence is admitted, the prosecutor may offer evidence to rebut it;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano